1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Vaya

Posts by Vaya

  • [CS:GO]de_zoo

    • Vaya
    • February 3, 2015 at 3:42 PM

    I think the signs warrant another playtest. Just in case, you know.

  • Tips on approaching the press for indie developers

    • Vaya
    • February 3, 2015 at 12:51 PM
    Quote from Taylor

    Be in a clique.

    Does this involve throwing gang-signs at the press? I hope so.

  • What music have you listened to recently?

    • Vaya
    • February 3, 2015 at 12:47 PM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    battles makes the day go round

  • [CS:GO][WIP] de_arizona (Motel) - Source files available

    • Vaya
    • February 3, 2015 at 12:43 PM

    dope. Any move away from the euro village/dust/urban trio of theming is cool with me.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • February 2, 2015 at 12:34 PM

    I'll probably still use local for now- all I want to do is check the timings with real people before taking it for mapcore testing (don't want to waste everyone's time with an unrefined idea)

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Vaya
    • February 1, 2015 at 1:26 PM

    Mechanical keyboards are dope. Just don't spill coffee on it..

  • De_Oasis (WIP name)

    • Vaya
    • February 1, 2015 at 1:24 PM

    The former looks better but most CSGO players will prefer the latter for visibility reasons. stick with the latter.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • January 31, 2015 at 12:06 PM

    why is CS:go so inconsistent when I'm inviting people to play on a localhosted server?


    I managed to get 3 people on FMPone's new map by changing to it and then inviting people.


    Tried to do the same with a custom map off the workshop but it kicked everyone out when they tried to join :S

  • [CSGO] de_innsbrook

    • Vaya
    • January 31, 2015 at 10:47 AM

    Can't fault onebit for sticking with his vision


    here's to a right-angle less 2015

  • [CS:GO] de_cinema Conceptualization

    • Vaya
    • January 30, 2015 at 6:06 PM

    http://files.gamebanana.com/bitpit/systema…evel_design.pdf


    http://files.gamebanana.com/bitpit/plannin…g_your_leve.pdf


    http://files.gamebanana.com/bitpit/man_vs_engine.pdf


    3 links that will get you started.


    I suggest you start by making (and fully optimising) an AIM map as this will save you a lot of headaches later on.

  • Problem with mouse Razer

    • Vaya
    • January 30, 2015 at 2:21 PM

    just checked- got my Logitech MX518 on the 23rd of February 2011. I use it on my work PC now.


    superior logitech quaility

  • What's going on with your life?

    • Vaya
    • January 30, 2015 at 12:00 PM

    http://www.s1homes.com/homes-for-sale…=property-alerthttp://www.s1homes.com/homes-for-sale…=property-alert I could have a 4-5 bedroom home for 40k less than I'll probably pay for a flat in corstorphine. Sadly the GF will never go for it. Least we're close to the zoo.

  • [CS:GO] Shipped

    • Vaya
    • January 30, 2015 at 11:33 AM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Hammer - Optimisation questions

    • Vaya
    • January 30, 2015 at 11:14 AM

    one thing I've noticed btw jackphant- if you can see the visportal the geometry is in the skybox won't block it. I don't know how consistent this is though...

  • [CS:GO] De_Departure

    • Vaya
    • January 30, 2015 at 8:35 AM
    Quote from holiestcows

    Which spawn is CT and which is T?

    CT is top.

  • Hammer - Optimisation questions

    • Vaya
    • January 29, 2015 at 6:30 PM
    Quote from Vaya

    yeah they block geometry. I have a building you can see from the majority of the map (needs to be a world brush as the windows are breakable.) Nodraw -also usable as a seal- doesn't block geometry but seems to cause weird visual flickering at times.


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/cUnFkoV.png]


    Paint mockup of before and after of what i'm going to need to do. I don't think it'll cause too many issues with numportals as long as I keep the new area created as simple geometrically as possible and put hint/skip where the skybox brush used to be.

    Finished this and compiled


    before


    681 numportals


    after (finished greybox of my remake of the map at the start of the thread)


    768 numportals.

  • What I'm Working On

    • Vaya
    • January 29, 2015 at 2:14 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/brent_rambo_approves.gif]


    The .bsp you've just linked to, is that the one in the screenshots or the initial greybox?

  • Hammer - Optimisation questions

    • Vaya
    • January 29, 2015 at 12:26 PM

    yeah they block geometry. I have a building you can see from the majority of the map (needs to be a world brush as the windows are breakable.) Nodraw -also usable as a seal- doesn't block geometry but seems to cause weird visual flickering at times.


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/cUnFkoV.png]


    Paint mockup of before and after of what i'm going to need to do. I don't think it'll cause too many issues with numportals as long as I keep the new area created as simple geometrically as possible and put hint/skip where the skybox brush used to be.

  • Hammer - Optimisation questions

    • Vaya
    • January 29, 2015 at 11:32 AM

    Yeah nades don't go through the skybox, unless there's a entity flag I've missed somewhere.

  • Hammer - Optimisation questions

    • Vaya
    • January 29, 2015 at 11:05 AM

    yeah it seems the most suitable for counterstrike


    http://www.optimization.interlopers.net/index.php?chapter=notices


    1 and 4 here would stop all nades over the tops of buildings.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™