1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Vaya

Posts by Vaya

  • What's going on with your life?

    • Vaya
    • March 6, 2015 at 1:11 PM

    you'll be fine


    I hurt myself all the time and the only consistent problem is a dodgy knee.

  • GTA V

    • Vaya
    • March 6, 2015 at 11:00 AM

    Are we going to have a mapcore gang on this?

  • What's going on with your life?

    • Vaya
    • March 6, 2015 at 11:00 AM

    I normally take ibuprofen and sleep on my back when I break myself.


    Regarding getting to the doctor, Have you got a GF? they make surprisingly good crutches.

  • [csgo] cs_cruise

    • Vaya
    • March 5, 2015 at 10:32 AM

    I've started work on DE_Canoe

  • What makes a good CS:GO Competitive map?

    • Vaya
    • March 4, 2015 at 11:06 AM

    I think the main thing that's overlooked by all levels of mapper is limiting the connectors between lanes and keeping the layout as simple as possible.


    CSGO maps need to be predictable and easy to learn- Easy to pick up but difficult to master is the mantra.

  • MapCore CS:GO Team

    • Vaya
    • March 4, 2015 at 10:24 AM

    your rank is affected a lot by your teammates too. Even the best players can only carry to a degree. (as jackophant himself will know )

  • [CS:GO] de_east

    • Vaya
    • March 4, 2015 at 9:54 AM

    Have you copy and pasted brushwork out of Dust and dust2?

  • Besiege

    • Vaya
    • March 3, 2015 at 10:20 AM

    I like how if you steer the wrong way too much your siege weapon explodes.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • March 3, 2015 at 10:18 AM

    Cloud9? :/ they got punted out after 2 games last time.


    They scraped through the qualifiers this time too.


    I really like them but they aren't on the same level as European teams.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • March 2, 2015 at 10:27 PM

    same we pro

  • MapCore CS:GO Team

    • Vaya
    • March 2, 2015 at 12:03 PM

    I use faceit sometimes


    https://www.faceit.com/players/vaya

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • Vaya
    • March 2, 2015 at 11:55 AM

    For maps with no custom content (thanks to Andre for the method)


    > Make full version of playtest map

    > compile/run in sdk.

    > generate nav mesh, build cubemaps and update radar

    >upload to workshop (you set to private if you don't want anyone to see)

    > download the map from workshop. It'll have everything (radar, nav, kv etc) packed into the bsp.

    > grab this this bsp from the maps/workshop folder. it'll be the last one on the list (highest number)

    > copy this elsewhere and upload to here via dropbox or whatever


    Happy playtest. No cancelling or making RZL despair


    For custom content you'll need to use pakrat or an alternative (you can still use this method for packing the radar etc though)

  • Besiege

    • Vaya
    • March 2, 2015 at 11:36 AM

    Controls are a bit janky but it's great fun. Need to spend more time on it (I'm awful at it)

  • What's going on with your life?

    • Vaya
    • March 2, 2015 at 9:03 AM

    In my last flat I had to bang on my neighbours door because she was having some sort of divorce breakdown and was listening to adele and coldplay at full volume at like 2 in the morning.


    She starts swearing and screaming and calling us 'fucking boring teenagers'


    • I'm in my 20s
    • you're the one listening to coldplay m8

    If it ever happens in another flat I'm just going to play das oath at full volume + 1 through the walls.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • March 2, 2015 at 8:52 AM
    Quote from jackophant

    I missed the first 2 days, at which point I decided nothing rather than only be able to garner enough points to get bronze. I regret this decision.

    Have you done it yet? I'll post my picks later


    For the uninformed:


    keystars = kabum

    Team solo mid = Dignitas

    ENVY - LDLC (last years winners)


    Penta lost their ingame leader 2 weeks ago (so they're fucked)

  • [CS:GO] DE_Resort

    • Vaya
    • March 2, 2015 at 8:34 AM

    You guys are raising the bar so high...you must be close to pushing source to its absolute limits

  • What's going on with your life?

    • Vaya
    • February 28, 2015 at 2:26 PM

    She's stalking you. Watch your lunch before she starts tampering with it

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Vaya
    • February 27, 2015 at 9:11 PM

    Just got to fix the plant shadows for this iteration of mid


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Sk0ussT.jpg]

  • CounterStrike - Clipping Texture

    • Vaya
    • February 27, 2015 at 3:29 PM

    easier to view in hammer? if you use Red for all the smoothing clips and purple for all the boost-stopping clips...

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • Vaya
    • February 27, 2015 at 10:04 AM
    Quote

    Playtest 12.03.15

    • Andre Valera's DE_Festival
    • Lajron's DE_Havana



    Can I have the 10th for another solution playtest? Not sure what the etiquette is on multiple tests? I don't want to be stealing slots from other people?

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™