1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Vaya

Posts by Vaya

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Vaya
    • September 13, 2014 at 3:26 PM

    Reminds me of the tunnel run at alp du huez


    [Blocked Image: http://pepeone.free.fr/IMG/jpg/alpe_huez_21.jpg]

  • CS:GO Stickers

    • Vaya
    • September 12, 2014 at 9:36 AM

    pigeon master is required.

  • [CS:GO] Re-release of de_import

    • Vaya
    • September 12, 2014 at 9:26 AM

    Fingers crossed for inclusion in the next update. This design is much stronger than Blackgold.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • September 12, 2014 at 9:21 AM

    Is anyone else having issues with screentearing now? Getting +100 frames on CBBL but open areas hurt my brain due to all the screentearing


    Been playing with vsync off and a non-locked framerate, not sure if I now need to change this because *reads last patch notes* ....they coloured the radiocommands in chat?

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • Vaya
    • September 11, 2014 at 12:54 PM

    is the mapcore server still running fine for playtesting tonight? want to play

  • [CS:GO] de_<unnamed> (WIP)

    • Vaya
    • September 11, 2014 at 9:00 AM

    Coming on nicely!

  • [CS:GO] de_highlands (WIP)

    • Vaya
    • September 11, 2014 at 8:58 AM


    >Rename map de_referendum

    >skin Ts in Kilts and CT as beefeaters

    > add building damage and random distant explosions

  • De_tuscan beta discussion

    • Vaya
    • September 11, 2014 at 8:51 AM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    How long (realistically) would it take to resolve all the issues with this version of the map?

  • [CS:GO] de_highlands (WIP)

    • Vaya
    • September 10, 2014 at 3:15 PM
    Quote from FMPONE

    Respect! Looks really cool.

    I would, suggest doing something with it to make it a little bit less Castley, or generic. Maybe rains? Snow? Fire? Night? Just a thought. Really bright and happy is cool too though. It needs a little "something" to set it apart IMO. Can't wait to see your progress on this one Valentin!

    As I a scot I can tell you that the map is massively unrealistic without rain

    Also what's up with the burnt out car? it's not a 3rd world country here

  • De_tuscan beta discussion

    • Vaya
    • September 10, 2014 at 3:08 PM

    It looks like a bit of a mess going by the reddit discussion, lots of unintended jump spots and invisible walls. A Duke Nukem forever of a map


    I can't help but feel sorry for brute- obviously he wants to keep full control of his creation but the community is pushing for the map (tuned to current standards) constantly. I guess it comes down to where your map stops being yours and starts being part of the communities furniture.


    same time thou:


    Quote

    @K3nnyfr it's not about money. I've never mapped for money. I don't want someone like fmpone working on it.


    https://twitter.com/BrutesMaps/status/509112216314843138

  • Level Design Help Files

    • Vaya
    • July 19, 2014 at 7:55 PM

    My CS:GO is installed on my SSD..I've had that booting out issue a couple times when building navs (but not always!) have you checked what console says just before you're booted out? I don't rebuild often so I've never been too bothered about that. Maybe validate the game/editor cache as that's everyone's fix for such issues Did you move CS:GO or reinstall it?


    ---


    Lighting issue


    Screenshots for reference

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=288421069 (notice that the green of the light is still showing even though the light_entity is doing nothing else!)

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=288421030 - props/skybox still lit but brushes 100% dark


    • No leaks - map is in a solid (hollow) 1 brush skybox
    • tried different complies (full, fast, normal)- ensuring Vrad is on each time. What are the default parameters for vrad?, might paste over them even though I've not changed them knowingly.

    Issue started when I added my first two cube maps, a couple light_entities and added a 3d skybox (deleted both maps and the camera now while trying to fix this)


    Might be something really simple but I'm not finding it. Next step is probably going to be copy/pasting to a new VMF file...

  • Destiny

    • Vaya
    • July 19, 2014 at 3:07 PM

    This looks great. I really wish it was coming to PC...

  • [CS:GO] Black textures on server.

    • Vaya
    • July 19, 2014 at 12:29 PM

    Could you provide a screenshot?- how it looks in hammer and how on the server?

  • De_cache WIP (new version)

    • Vaya
    • July 19, 2014 at 11:20 AM

    update live on workshop


    Take it that the comp version won't update until next patch?

  • Level Design Help Files

    • Vaya
    • July 19, 2014 at 9:14 AM

    The lighting on my map has suddenly disappeared on the compile. Has anyone had this? This includes about 50 static lights and a light_env...


    It still shows as part of the VMF but doesn't seem to be considered when hammer is compiling...

  • [CS:GO] de_sirius

    • Vaya
    • July 18, 2014 at 10:54 AM

    Can I playtest? preferably a workshop link

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™