1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Vaya

Posts by Vaya

  • CSGO Map Tournament Enquiry

    • Vaya
    • September 25, 2014 at 11:24 AM

    It's not exactly a bad idea though. More people creating CS maps the more the community thrives. It's easy for great maps to be lost in the workshop.

    Maybe a 24 hour gamejam to get a map to a playable state and then the organizer fund the best 3 ideas or something? I can get an idea down in hammer pretty quickly- it's the lighting/textures/props and tweaking that takes the time (I'm sure most will agree)

  • CSGO Map Tournament Enquiry

    • Vaya
    • September 25, 2014 at 8:50 AM

    I'm not sure how this would work? what's to stop a entrant from pulling an old [wip] map to extend his time allocated?


    Might as well just choose 5 highly scoring maps off the workshop and then use them in a tourney.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • September 24, 2014 at 2:09 PM
    Quote from SotaPoika

    Ninja-defuse in casual mode: not so impressive, sorry.

    Thats comp?

  • CS:GO Stickers

    • Vaya
    • September 24, 2014 at 8:41 AM
    Quote from The Honey Badger

    I've actually had some ideas similar to the 2nd one as spectating e-sport tournaments is hugely popular - so an idea around that theme might be a good call - it's just a case of coming up with an idea that looks great and is also relevant to CSGO.

    'As seen on streaming sites' doesn't have the same ring to it. I don't think 'as seen on twitch.tv' would be allowed :/

  • What's going on with your life?

    • Vaya
    • September 23, 2014 at 4:23 PM

    currently making notes on what I should be doing next with my current WIP based on screenshots.


    Amazing phrases like 'turn down sun?' I love mapping

  • [CS:GO WIP] Port

    • Vaya
    • September 23, 2014 at 3:57 PM

    you have a lot of work on your hands if you're trying to make this map more competitively viable! no slight on you of course.


    Looks good so far- would like a playtest

  • [CS:GO]de_zoo

    • Vaya
    • September 23, 2014 at 1:59 PM

    I would bring the open water down a bit too so you can't look through the surface anymore. It does weird things to the viewmodel

  • [CS:GO]de_zoo

    • Vaya
    • September 23, 2014 at 12:47 PM

    I'll check tonight. quite sure it was mainly A looking to mid's glass building

  • [CS:GO]de_zoo

    • Vaya
    • September 23, 2014 at 9:09 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/W5wDy1o.jpg]This vent.....


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/wuQOVj8.jpg]...makes looking out this window annoying.


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/0Rohw02.jpg]


    this needs to be blocked off as to not to confuse my tiny brain


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/XwxjY9k.jpg]


    unexpected boost at A


    very nice looking map. organic walls take a little to get used to Also kills my FPS as you can see. I'm normally 150+

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Vaya
    • September 22, 2014 at 4:06 PM
    Quote from cashed

    a ps4 and destiny


    psn: tedmcilwain

    came close to this too! I can hold off a little longer though

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • Vaya
    • September 22, 2014 at 12:40 PM

    I missed zoo? will need to download and play by myself

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Vaya
    • September 22, 2014 at 10:48 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/JFf9FEm.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/NnyDF1w.jpg]


    Pro mapper by next week


    I'll post some real screens when it's less embarrassing

  • CS: Canals

    • Vaya
    • September 22, 2014 at 10:10 AM

    that looks great!

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • September 20, 2014 at 11:11 AM

    De_workout is a very, very nice looking map. I'd love for it to be included. the new De_tulip too


    I want more maps that explore new settings. Too many industrial themes imo

  • I am making japanese style map, but I need more "asian" textures

    • Vaya
    • September 17, 2014 at 9:03 AM

    whats the error?

  • [CS:GO] de_blizzard_beta [WIP]

    • Vaya
    • September 16, 2014 at 1:51 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://thechaletmaids.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/20140314-avoriaz-and-time-off-13.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://www.yodelmagazine.com/assets/images/December/alaya_01.jpg]


    Get creative with the roofs and the rest should fall into place imo. thicken up the snow in areas using layers and displacements

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • September 15, 2014 at 5:16 PM

    What maps do you guys want to see in the next operation?

    Looks like FMPone isn't pushing season (it's not on workshop yet) but Brute is trying to get tuscan upto par ASAP:


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/wT3Cuv4.png]


    I don't think it's ready yet but will be interesting to see what Valve does. I was really hoping for a season and tuscan mega operation but if they are not ready for this one the makers have a lot more time to polish for next.

  • De_tuscan beta discussion

    • Vaya
    • September 15, 2014 at 1:40 PM

    Brute has updated the map based on feedback. A good sign I think.

    He's getting far too much hate from the community just now, it's way too harsh on content creators.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Vaya
    • September 13, 2014 at 4:23 PM

    Are you re-adding the supports? I think it needs something to break up the texture.

  • CS:GO Stickers

    • Vaya
    • September 13, 2014 at 3:37 PM

    I have a couple sticker ideas I've never bothered trying to create (photoshop skills are megarusty)

    • 'Face towards enemy' (like a landmine) with an arrow pointing towards the barrel
    • 'As seen on TV' like this
    • 'All the gear no idea'
    • 'I only flash teammates'

    All high quality ideas- feel free to use

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™