1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Vaya

Posts by Vaya

  • Alien: Isolation

    • Vaya
    • October 9, 2014 at 4:12 PM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • [CS:GO]de_zoo

    • Vaya
    • October 9, 2014 at 8:41 AM

    my feelings


    - More cover for CT at B please. I got streamrolled a couple times. Might be partially due to timing- might be due to the other team being 150% pro.


    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=324127178


    As we talked about this wall should be thickened so you have *some cover* for peeking that path


    - This wallbang should be removed. not that it's really useful. Consistency is good though


    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=324127188


    --


    Map looks great and Plays great too! hoping it gets in an operation.

  • [CS:GO]de_zoo

    • Vaya
    • October 8, 2014 at 4:02 PM

    I'd put in a threshold strip. Metal one would look good.


    http://www.homedepot.com/p/TrafficMASTE…89?N=5yc1vZbnar


    They are used all the time in public spaces to stop wear.

  • Advice about theoretical matters (Cs Go mapping)

    • Vaya
    • October 8, 2014 at 3:52 PM

    Next challenge?


    I still don't think it would work (if you have one bombsite further away that becomes a safer option for the t side. CT inversely will need to keep more players onsite)


    Making sites CT-sided will in turn make the map CT-sided. CS is not longer fun if there's no chance of penetrating the opposing teams defence.

    Basically the way I see it you'll be massively limiting the CTs options if they are to keep control of all the sites. Unless sites share connectors etc and then, well, what's the point of having the 2 sites right beside each other? Might as well just be one


    It's a good discussion though

  • Advice about theoretical matters (Cs Go mapping)

    • Vaya
    • October 8, 2014 at 1:23 PM

    Currently you have roughly just less than 1/2 the team holding a site (5 vs 5 it's normally 2 per site) more sites would push the average to one. one person can't normally deal with a 5 player rush.

  • [CS:GO]de_zoo

    • Vaya
    • October 8, 2014 at 12:04 PM

    fire me a message or an invite for the playtest if there's space.

  • [CS:GO]de_zoo

    • Vaya
    • October 7, 2014 at 12:07 PM

    can the mapcore server do a 5 Vs 5 game? Maybe on a non-playtesting day.


    I'd be up for it

  • DE_SEASON

    • Vaya
    • October 7, 2014 at 11:53 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/wh3knE6.jpg]


    does anyone else get a discodoor here when it's shot? Might be a local GPU issue as I have my digital vibrancy quite high.

  • [CS:GO WIP] Port

    • Vaya
    • October 6, 2014 at 12:43 PM
    Quote from Daniel Nilsson

    Dude is rebuilding an existing map from Cs:s. he looks to have improved it so far. Long distances have always been a problem with the map


    Oh, sorry, missed that part Was this a official map in source?


    yup and it was pretty horrific.  http://counterstrike.wikia.com/wiki/Port

  • [CS:GO WIP] Port

    • Vaya
    • October 6, 2014 at 10:19 AM
    Quote from Daniel Nilsson

    I think you'll need to work on the base layout some more. It's way too open and lots of long distances in multiple directions. Have a look at this comprehensive guide http://www.worldofleveldesign.com/categories/csg…map-layouts.php

    Dude is rebuilding an existing map from Cs:s. he looks to have improved it so far. Long distances have always been a problem with the map

  • [CS:GO WIP] Port

    • Vaya
    • October 6, 2014 at 10:02 AM

    It's a joke.


    http://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discus…77564030461400/

  • What I'm Working On

    • Vaya
    • October 5, 2014 at 6:24 PM

    The openable door does weird texture things on my PC when you shoot it. Not sure if it's just me. I've got a screenshot if req


    Map is looking very,very nice Can't wait for proper games on it

  • What I'm Working On

    • Vaya
    • October 3, 2014 at 1:04 PM

    Playtest?

    Playtest!

  • What I'm Working On

    • Vaya
    • October 3, 2014 at 8:47 AM

    Man you really need to have a thick skin for this shit. I suppose you can't expect the average gamer to apply more reasoning than 'that sux' or 'thats amazing!!!' though


    The reskin looks very nice and is exactly what kind of map CS:GO needs just now.

  • CS:GO Stickers

    • Vaya
    • October 2, 2014 at 1:32 PM

    I seen that. congrats on getting some in!


    What do you think about the below? (as a concept of course. My 2D design skills make me wince )


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/YypEnJK.png]


    trying to mimic this style of logo (it's creative commons, I've checked)


    https://www.google.com/search?q=as+se…iw=1442&bih=781

  • [CS:GO WIP] Port

    • Vaya
    • September 30, 2014 at 5:13 PM

    I think you need to raise the tunnel ceiling a bit. liking progress though

  • I have a question about the CS:GO levels.

    • Vaya
    • September 29, 2014 at 11:16 AM

    Little features you originally added may of been remodeled in later versions. Valve have rebuilt the maps in every iteration though rather than porting them.

  • Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition

    • Vaya
    • September 27, 2014 at 4:09 PM

    This game has the best soundtrack

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Vaya
    • September 26, 2014 at 11:25 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/I7TdXKu.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/SrSUlSH.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/ip8BPBr.jpg]


    current WIP. might put on workshop sooner rather than later as I need a list on how to proceed with it

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • Vaya
    • September 26, 2014 at 8:36 AM

    I only got to play for like 10 minutes because my pizza came :/


    from what I played Agri is looking (and playing) a lot better.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™