1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Vaya

Posts by Vaya

  • Gaming Sequels Would Like To See

    • Vaya
    • October 21, 2014 at 12:47 PM

    Battlefield 214...3? Build it on frostbyte. Many explosions.

  • [CS:GO]de_zoo

    • Vaya
    • October 21, 2014 at 12:13 PM

    closing off the edges seems like the best idea in my opinion too. A couple skylights in the middle would add to the visual height of the building while separating the windows from the roof. If that makes sense.

  • CS:GO mapping phases - and some questions :)

    • Vaya
    • October 20, 2014 at 1:05 PM

    Cool sounds like a plan. I'll set up a spideroak account for it.


    https://spideroak.com/features/

  • CS:GO mapping phases - and some questions :)

    • Vaya
    • October 20, 2014 at 12:30 PM

    How the hell do you do proper version control using hammer? When I rename a .vmf hammer has a spaz out and gets confused.


    there's a version control option in the SDK but I can't see how it's used.

  • [CS:GO]de_zoo

    • Vaya
    • October 17, 2014 at 9:23 AM

    we should have another playtest

  • de_stupa

    • Vaya
    • October 16, 2014 at 7:37 PM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    erm...yeah

  • de_stupa

    • Vaya
    • October 16, 2014 at 4:15 PM

    I think it was patched. I'll test it tonight.


    I don't think it's a big deal if you've done it to the same standard as existing operation maps.

  • de_stupa

    • Vaya
    • October 16, 2014 at 11:34 AM

    Found a great bug on this night. Throw the bomb off the cliff near B when playing offline and watch your whole team suicide


    Not a problem with the map more the bot logic.

  • [CS:GO] de_lock

    • Vaya
    • October 16, 2014 at 8:51 AM

    This looks great so far


    Water maps are always hit or miss. in my opinion the water should be clipped and be a detail rather than a gameplay feature

  • Models vs Brushes

    • Vaya
    • October 15, 2014 at 2:41 PM

    I think it's due to rendering passes?


    Edit - kind of right according to 3dnj

  • de_havana

    • Vaya
    • October 15, 2014 at 8:48 AM

    Great map! your detailing making me want to uninstall SDK

  • Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

    • Vaya
    • October 15, 2014 at 8:39 AM

    Anyone getting this?


    http://orcz.com/Borderlands_Pre-Sequel:_Shift_Codes


    List of current shiftcodes

  • [CS:GO][WIP] de_sparrow

    • Vaya
    • October 14, 2014 at 11:32 PM

    I really prefer DE_natty. Not sure what it is but you've removed a lot of the maps 'soul' and fun bits


    for example the drop from the room into B was unique and fun

    options at A seem limited


    Sorry for the overly negative post


    Edit - After more thinking about it might be due to the lack of routes and vertical height?

  • How do I keep being motivated to finish projects?

    • Vaya
    • October 14, 2014 at 4:21 PM

    Recently I've been setting myself achievable weekly goals and building the map incrementally.

  • Mapcore Introductions Thread

    • Vaya
    • October 14, 2014 at 12:47 PM

    I'm David. 25 and work in IT infrastructure and support, Based in Edinburgh, scotland


    Been making parts of maps on Hammer since Cs:s came out but never really followed through with anything to completion- Either due to noticing a huge design flaw I couldn't fix or a map being nuked by compile errors.


    Started posting here because I'm hoping actual talent can rub off on me

  • de_stupa

    • Vaya
    • October 14, 2014 at 11:49 AM

    I'm always up for 5vs5. MG1

  • CO:GO map in need of feedback

    • Vaya
    • October 13, 2014 at 12:15 PM

    Playtest it on here. you need 10 spawns, radar + buyzones etc.

  • Hong Kong map

    • Vaya
    • October 10, 2014 at 1:07 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/HUmTTOo.png]

    Lines of sight on this map are currently crazy long.


    Hong Kong isn't exactly famous for its open space.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • October 10, 2014 at 10:57 AM

    Thats one of my 'friends' been vac-banned for hacking.

    I need some non-toxic people to play with

  • [CS:GO]de_zoo

    • Vaya
    • October 9, 2014 at 5:16 PM

    Nice!


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/3iCGQAa.png]

    This might be a weird idea- Open up this wall so you can view through it (even partially- concaved?) but bullets are clipped. a couple seconds warning to help the CTs here. As jackophant said last night though our issues as a ct team might of been down to general placement/tactics rather than map imbalance

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™