1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Vaya

Posts by Vaya

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • November 12, 2014 at 3:09 PM
    Quote from jackophant


    The paris map is a nice surprise. Not sure If I'd enjoy it in match making though...


    Facade is a great little map. Pretty sure TopHatwaffle did a 'making of' series on youtube for it.


    CS_workout was tested on here and is made by a mapcorian.


    Never heard of De_season...


    I knew about workout, season and facade! It's the other 3. I didn't see them in the workshop or on here, and I really cba with fpsbanana, so that exhausts my possibilities!


    I edited my post in quote form just to draw a little attention to what was said


    Ignore me I'm being a tit. Started off on what I felt about the maps- went away to fix an email issue- came back and started giving you information about maps you will of heard of

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • November 12, 2014 at 2:16 PM
    Quote from jackophant

    Congratulations one and all!


    Does anyone ever reach out to the mappers who get featured who aren't on mapcore and invite them?


    Also... I completely missed some of these maps, where did they come from? D:

    The paris map is a nice surprise. Not sure If I'd enjoy it in match making though...


    Facade is a great little map. Pretty sure TopHatwaffle did a 'making of' series on youtube for it.


    CS_workout was tested on here and is made by a mapcorian.


    Never heard of De_season...

  • Far Cry 4

    • Vaya
    • November 12, 2014 at 9:51 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/j1A1wHA.jpg]


    I weighed up buying a 980 or titan and the extra cash didn't make sense. I get a new card every 2 years or so, by the time this card is showing age I'll be ready to get a new one.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • November 12, 2014 at 9:45 AM

    stoked cs_workout made it. Great update all round.

    (season was a given, whatever FMPone said )


    Does the maker of CS_backalley post on here? the radar is currently flickering for me (might only be at 1920 X 1080)

  • [CS:GO] Map Layout Feedback Please

    • Vaya
    • November 12, 2014 at 9:41 AM

    Have you generated the Nav mesh for the bots using nav_generate?


    Read this thread - about my map because there is a couple of guys in there offering great advice about layout timing and what you should be doing (which I didn't) when putting down the basic design.

  • De_Summer [WIP]

    • Vaya
    • November 11, 2014 at 10:24 PM

    That command is designed for mapmaking. I'm sure valve will have set up it up using the max possible speed.


    Here's the same process ran on dust2:


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/KvOb7E1.jpg]


    That said- I will still be doing it the standard way you're all suggesting because I'd like to be doing it right, The more thought I put into the basics the better. (although I really wish there was a command for showing all lines of sight


    My current plan involves moving the T spawn which might dramatically change the meeting points.

  • Far Cry 4

    • Vaya
    • November 11, 2014 at 4:14 PM

    Meh never had an issue with Uplay to be honest. I'd rather everyone used steamworks for everything but apparently that counts as a 'monopoly'

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • November 11, 2014 at 2:34 PM

    Did you do king of the kill legit?

    I do most of my map testing on this mode to keep the number going up

  • De_Summer [WIP]

    • Vaya
    • November 11, 2014 at 2:28 PM

    bot_show_battlefront is pretty damn cool.


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/0xH1sV3.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/xdqmmoK.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/XwsjTkg.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/NjU4tmk.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/TLJiMkJ.jpg]


    The areas marked in red are my current 'natural' chokes (if two bots ran head first at each other from the different spawns where would they meet) Hoping these don't change too much when I resize the map and redo T spawn because I like the current positions of these. Spent last night adding cover in these areas.


    PS - it KILLS framerates

  • Far Cry 4

    • Vaya
    • November 11, 2014 at 2:05 PM

    Just got for free with my new graphics card

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • November 11, 2014 at 11:06 AM

    More achievements would be nice in general. I'm uncomfortable to have 99%

  • De_Summer [WIP]

    • Vaya
    • November 10, 2014 at 3:58 PM

    The potential spawn area for T side is probably 3 seconds big in itself. I guess the accuracy of the timings depends if they used the same spot each time.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • November 10, 2014 at 3:51 PM
    Quote from El_Exodus

    Hehe you questioned yesterday my DMG rank. Well, 1 MM game later i lost it

    hoping I didn't jinx it!


    You'll get it back if you work out what's causing the dip in your skill level. we all have them...

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • November 10, 2014 at 3:44 PM
    Quote from jackophant

    But what about your faceit rank? D:


    I find faceit completely random, it has very little balance.

    Yeah it's pretty awful to get a balanced game - so many leavers...


    I'm using it to learn other competitive maps in a 5 VS 5 setting (or sometimes 5 VS 4, sometimes 6 VS 4 )


    I'll never be winning that fiat though

  • De_Summer [WIP]

    • Vaya
    • November 10, 2014 at 3:32 PM

    Hmm Ok.


    I'm going to try using the 'bot_show_battlefront' command (some gave me this when I asked on reddit about documented rush times for official maps) as this show me the current chokes on the map and I can hopefully amend the map size to fix the timings from there.


    http://csgo.99damage.de/de/statics/rushtimings here's the offical map rush times btw. I'm surprised maps MASSIVE maps like Cbbl are still relatively low. How I've managed to make a longer rush than cbble I'll never know- that's a feat in itself

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • November 10, 2014 at 2:38 PM

    Hoping sooner rather than later. Halloween update was just a bit annoying IMO. (I miss the ghost chickens )


    I've been playing on Faceit to learn different maps. I have a stubborn group of friends that just want to play CS_Italy..I know..so it's refreshing to get to play other maps at a relatively high level without the threat of losing your MM rank.

  • De_Summer [WIP]

    • Vaya
    • November 10, 2014 at 2:07 PM

    T timings are pretty high just now ( about 20s to each site) per site compared to CT which is 10 seconds (15 seconds between site rotation) .


    Going to move the T spawn and adjust the overall length of the map (X axis)

    Cheers Void

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Vaya
    • November 10, 2014 at 8:48 AM
    Quote from Raidix

    I'm a little confused.

    More than a month and still no new operation. Will there be another operation at all? Or wmaybe something different?


    Also wondering why it's currently so hard to play community maps: Apparently you can only create a lokal server or connect via direct IP (?)

    Some people are suggesting Valve are waiting until after the next major due to the issues brought about last time by adding a new weapon a couple weeks before a tournament.


    http://www.dreamhack.se/dhw14/2014/10/…ament-at-dhw14/

  • [CS:GO] de_acceleration

    • Vaya
    • November 10, 2014 at 8:43 AM

    really enjoyed this map last night.


    Some minor things


    all the spawns on T side were facing towards one site (B I think)

    T spawn was way too dark.

    The tunnel needs a couple less places to check (maybe block off some with boxes?)

  • De_Summer [WIP]

    • Vaya
    • November 9, 2014 at 6:58 PM

    Yeah I'm looking at cover just now. I'm thinking some planters to break up the largest areas.

    The timing thing. No...How would I go about that? soloing with a stopwatch? Do the timings need to be similar to be effective/good?

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™