1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Eric Matyas

Posts by Eric Matyas

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • August 30, 2016 at 10:08 PM

    Hi everyone,

    My newest free tracks all live on my brand new SFX - Urban Ambience Page. They are:

    Street Ambience (1-6) City Park Ambience (1-3)http://soundimage.org/sfx-urban-ambience/

    Several of them loop and might be nice in urban-based games, interactive novels and other things.

    I hope they are helpful! :) Eric

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • August 24, 2016 at 12:09 AM

    Well, I've reached another milestone: 1000 tracks. I'd like to send out a big heart felt thank you to everyone who has been so supportive and encouraging...it really means a lot. THANK YOU!

    That said, I have some new music to share as well as a couple of cool new sci-fi ambiences.

    On the Fantasy 7 page, we have: "Castle Lost" "Dark Fantasy Open" "Sad Lands"http://soundimage.org/fantasy-7/

    On the Horror/Surreal page, we have:

    "Moment of Strange"http://soundimage.org/horrorsurreal/

    On the Sci-Fi 5 Page, we have:

    "More Introspective Machines"http://soundimage.org/sci-fi-5/

    And on the SFX- Sci-Fi Amb Page, we have:

    "Creepy Mech Drone" (Looping) - 2 versions.http://soundimage.org/sfx-scifi-amb/

    I hope they are helpful! :) Eric

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • August 16, 2016 at 10:29 PM

    Hi everyone,

    This week is a mixed bag. First off, I made looping versions of a some of the tracks on my Events/Travel page...I think these new looping pieces could sound very nice in games.

    Here they are:

    "Puddle Jumping_Looping"

    "Magical Getraway_Looping"

    "Mystical Journey_Looping"http://soundimage.org/events/

    Here's a short intro piece that might be nice in a deep space game of some kind...or a video:

    "Space Game Intro" on my Sci-Fi 5 Pagehttp://soundimage.org/sci-fi-5/

    And a silly piece that might work in a crazy game or app:

    "Monkey Races"http://soundimage.org/funny-3/

    Next up, we have some sound FX on my Sci-Fi Ambience Page, starting with another slimy sounding Alien swamp piece. As I say on my site, if Kirk tells you he's been to this place, he's full of crap.

    "Alien Swamp 2"

    "Alien Atmosphere" (Looping and non-looping)

    "Dystopic City Drone"

    "Dystopic City Echo"

    http://soundimage.org/sfx-scifi-amb/

    Just for kicks, we have:

    "Creepy Percussion 11"

    http://soundimage.org/sfx-creepy/

    And lastly, we have a force field sound effect. In retrospect, maybe I should have named it "Energy Field" instead, but oh well.

    "Force Field" on my Snd FX -Sci-Fi Pagehttp://soundimage.org/sfx-scifi/

    As always, let me know if they are helpful! :) Eric

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • August 9, 2016 at 12:27 AM

    Hi everyone,

    I have some new free looping tracks for you. I hope they are helpful. You'll find them directly under their non-looping versions:

    "Trouble in a Digital City_Looping" on my Sci-Fi 4 Pagehttp://soundimage.org/sci-fi-4/

    "Tower Defense_Looping" on my Epic/Battle Pagehttp://soundimage.org/epic-battle/

    "Drafty Places_Looping" on my Dark/Ominoushttp://soundimage.org/dark-ominous/

    "Ocean Game Title_Looping" on my Fantasy 2 Pagehttp://soundimage.org/fantasy-2/

    "Digital Clouds_Looping" on my Fantasy 3 Pagehttp://soundimage.org/fantasy-3/

    "Sewer Monsters on the Move_Looping" on my Funny 3 Pagehttp://soundimage.org/funny-3/

    Have a great week! Eric

    Hi everyone,

    I have some new free looping tracks for you. I hope they are helpful. You'll find them directly under their non-looping versions:

    "Trouble in a Digital City_Looping" on my Sci-Fi 4 Pagehttp://soundimage.org/sci-fi-4/

    "Tower Defense_Looping" on my Epic/Battle Pagehttp://soundimage.org/epic-battle/

    "Drafty Places_Looping" on my Dark/Ominoushttp://soundimage.org/dark-ominous/

    "Ocean Game Title_Looping" on my Fantasy 2 Pagehttp://soundimage.org/fantasy-2/

    "Digital Clouds_Looping" on my Fantasy 3 Pagehttp://soundimage.org/fantasy-3/

    "Sewer Monsters on the Move_Looping" on my Funny 3 Pagehttp://soundimage.org/funny-3/

    Have a great week! Eric

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • July 31, 2016 at 11:52 PM
    Quote from mmango

    On 7/29/2016 at 2:43 PM, mmango said: Ah yeah, Kevin M is some kind of god, I have no idea how he composes so fast!


    Anyway, best of luck in all your future work, and I hope the custom music works out for you!

    Thanks, I appreciate it!

    Here are this week's new free tracks:

    "Sewer Monsters on the Move" on my Funny 3 Pagehttp://soundimage.org/funny-3/

    "Aftermath" on my Horror/Surreal Pagehttp://soundimage.org/horrorsurreal/

    "Alien Swamp" on my SFX - SciFi Amb Pagehttp://soundimage.org/sfx-scifi-amb/

    "Alien Vistas" on my Sci-Fi 5 Pagehttp://soundimage.org/sci-fi-5/

    "Cyber Dystopia" on my Sci-Fi 5 Pagehttp://soundimage.org/sci-fi-5/

    I hope they are helpful!

    Daily updates, as always, are here:https://twitter.com/EricMatyashttps://www.facebook.com/soundimage.org

    Have a great week! Eric

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • July 26, 2016 at 2:34 PM

    Hi everyone,

    This week's new free tracks are looping versions of some of my early fantasy and sci-fi tracks:

    "Fantasy Game Background_Looping" on my Fantasy Page

    "Puzzle Game_Looping" on my Fantasy Page

    "Fantascape_Looping" on my Fantasy Page

    http://soundimage.org/fantasywonder/

    "Urban Jungle 2061_Looping" on my Sci-Fi/Space Page

    "Trouble on Mercury_Looping" on my Sci-Fi/Space Page

    http://soundimage.org/sci-fi/

    I hope they are helpful!

    Daily updates, as always, are here:https://twitter.com/EricMatyashttps://www.facebook.com/soundimage.org

    Have a great week! Eric

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • July 19, 2016 at 12:50 AM

    Hi everyone,

    This week's new free tracks are:

    "Into Battle (Looping)_v001" on my Epic/Battle Pagehttp://soundimage.org/epic-battle/

    "Great Minds_v001" on my Classical Sounding pagehttp://soundimage.org/classical-sounding/

    "RPG Battle Climax_v001" on the Fantasy 7 Page

    "Some Dreamy Place_v001" on my Fantasy 7 Page

    "Spell's a Brewin'_v001" on the Fantasy 7 Page

    http://soundimage.org/fantasy-7/

    I hope they are helpful.

    Daily updates, as always, are here:https://twitter.com/EricMatyashttps://www.facebook.com/soundimage.org

    Have a great week! Eric

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • June 13, 2016 at 12:02 AM

    Hi everyone,

    Here are this week's new free tracks:

    "Puddle Jumping" (on the Events/Travel Page)http://soundimage.org/events/

    "Network_v001" (on the Corporate Page)http://soundimage.org/corporate/

    "Blob Monsters on the Loose" (on the Looping Music Page) "8-Bit Mayhem" (on the Looping Music Page) "Good Morning Doctor Weird" (on the Looping Music Page)http://soundimage.org/looping-music/

    Daily updates, as always, are here:https://twitter.com/EricMatyashttps://www.facebook.com/soundimage.org

    I hope some of my tracks are helpful, Eric

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • June 6, 2016 at 3:17 AM

    Hi everyone,

    Here are this week's new free tracks:

    On the Snd Fx – Sci-Fi Ambient Page, we have:

    “Melt Down” (plus looping version) “Quiet Dread” (plus looping version) “Rez Drone 1” (plus looping version)http://soundimage.org/sfx-scifi-amb/

    On the Snd Fx – Sci-Fi Page, we have:

    “Cyber Chimes 1 & 2"http://soundimage.org/sfx-scifi/

    And on the Funny 3 Page, we have:

    “Drive-In Monster 1-3"http://soundimage.org/funny-3/

    I hope they are helpful.

    Daily updates, as always, are here:https://twitter.com/EricMatyashttps://www.facebook.com/soundimage.org

    Playlists are here:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6mnT…KGy-A/playlists

    Have a great week! Eric

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • May 16, 2016 at 4:04 AM

    Hi everyone,

    Here are this week's new tracks and sound effects:

    MUSIC:

    “Murder in the Outer Colonies” (on the Sci-Fi 4 Page)http://soundimage.org/sci-fi-4/

    “8-Bit Indigestion” (on the Funny 2 Page)http://soundimage.org/funny-2/

    “Pelican Bay Tiki Party” (on the Upbeat Page)http://soundimage.org/cool-and-mellow/

    “Underground Stream” (on the Nature/Science 2 Page)http://soundimage.org/naturescience-2/

    “Transyvania” (on the Looping Music Page) “Cyber Dream Loop” (on the Looping Music Page)http://soundimage.org/looping-music/

    SOUND EFFECTS:

    Mech Drones 21-26 (on the SFX – SciFi Amb Page)http://soundimage.org/sfx-scifi-amb/

    I hope they are helpful.

    Daily updates, as always, are here:https://twitter.com/EricMatyashttps://www.facebook.com/soundimage.org

    Playlists are here:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6mnT…KGy-A/playlists

    Have a great week! Eric

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • May 9, 2016 at 3:34 AM

    Hi everyone,

    Here are this week's new tracks and sound effects:

    MUSIC:

    “Another Case for the Inspector” (on the Drama 2 Page)http://soundimage.org/drama-2/

    “The Last of Winter” (on the Nature/Science 2 Page)http://soundimage.org/naturescience-2/

    “The Furry Monster’s Laboratory” (on the Looping Music Page) “Water Balloon Maniacs” (on the Looping Music Page.)http://soundimage.org/looping-music/

    “Sewer Creepers” (on the Sci-Fi 4 Page) “Sci-Fi RPG Intro” (on the Sci-Fi 4 Page)http://soundimage.org/sci-fi-4/

    SOUND EFFECTS:

    “Edge of Ocean” (on the SFX – Environments Page)http://soundimage.org/sfx-environments/

    “Gentle Rain” (on the SFX – Weather Page)http://soundimage.org/sfx-weather/

    “Morning Birds” (on the SFX – Animals Page)http://soundimage.org/sfx-animals/

    I hope they are helpful.

    Daily updates, as always, are here:https://twitter.com/EricMatyashttps://www.facebook.com/soundimage.org

    Playlists are here:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6mnT…KGy-A/playlists

    Have a great week! Eric

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • May 2, 2016 at 1:43 AM

    Hi everyone,

    I've got a few more tracks done:

    "Runaway Food Truck" (on the Looping Music Page.)http://soundimage.org/looping-music/

    "Trashy Aliens" (on the Looping Music Page.)http://soundimage.org/looping-music/

    "Awkward Princess's Day out" (on the Fantasy 6 Page.)http://soundimage.org/fantasy-6/

    I hope they are helpful.

    Daily updates, as always, are here:https://twitter.com/EricMatyashttps://www.facebook.com/soundimage.org

    Playlists are here:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6mnT…KGy-A/playlists

    Have a good week, Eric

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • April 28, 2016 at 11:37 AM

    Hi everyone,

    It's been a rough week, but I managed to get a few more tracks done:

    “Hypnotic Orient” (on the Events/Travel Page)http://soundimage.org/events/

    “Crystal Caverns” (on the Looping Music Page.)http://soundimage.org/looping-music/

    “Once Around the Kingdom” (on the Fantasy 6 Page.)http://soundimage.org/fantasy-6/

    I hope they are helpful.

    Daily updates, as always, are here:https://twitter.com/EricMatyashttps://www.facebook.com/soundimage.org

    Playlists are here:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6mnT…KGy-A/playlists

    Have a good weekend, Eric

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • April 25, 2016 at 2:30 AM

    Hi everyone,

    I've released some new looping tracks, a couple of non-looping ones and a bunch of new sound effects.

    Looping:

    “Monkey Drama” “Analog Nostalgia” “Crazy Candy Highway 2”http://soundimage.org/looping-music/

    Non-Looping:

    “Confusion and Clarity"http://soundimage.org/drama-2/

    “Unforgiving Himalayas” “Mystical Journey"http://soundimage.org/events/

    Sound Effects: Quirky User Interface Sounds 19-35http://soundimage.org/sfx-ui/

    Creepy Percussion 9 & 10http://soundimage.org/sfx-creepy/

    I hope some of them are helpful!

    Daily updates, as always, are here:https://twitter.com/EricMatyashttps://www.facebook.com/soundimage.org

    Playlists are here:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6mnT…KGy-A/playlists

    Have a great week! Eric

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • April 18, 2016 at 2:49 AM

    Hi everyone,

    I've released some new looping tracks, non-looping ones as well as some new sound FX:

    Looping:

    “Farty McSty”_Looping (on the Funny 2 Page.)http://soundimage.org/funny-2/

    “Timeless Story”_Looping (on the Fantasy 6 Page)http://soundimage.org/fantasy-6/

    Non-Looping:

    “Mission Accomplished” (on the SciFi 4 Page.)http://soundimage.org/sci-fi-4/

    “Closing In 2” (on the Horror/Surreal Page)http://soundimage.org/horrorsurreal/

    “Mystical Journey” (on the Events/Travel Page)http://soundimage.org/events/

    Sound Fx:

    Looping Wind Sounds (on the SFX – Weather Page)http://soundimage.org/sfx-weather/

    Mechanical Drone Sounds 8 - 20 (on the SFX - SciFi Ambience Page)http://soundimage.org/sfx-scifi-amb/

    I hope some of them are helpful!

    Daily updates, as always, are here:https://twitter.com/EricMatyashttps://www.facebook.com/soundimage.org

    Playlists are here:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6mnT…KGy-A/playlists

    Have a great week! Eric

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • April 15, 2016 at 1:12 AM

    Hi everyone,

    I've posted some new sound FX and a new looping track:

    On the SFX – Creepy Page we have:

    Creepy Roll-Overs 1-4http://soundimage.org/sfx-creepy/

    On the SFX – Combat Page, we have:

    Explosions 1-8http://soundimage.org/sfx-combat/

    On the SFX-SciFi Page,we have:

    Mech Drone 7http://soundimage.org/sfx-scifi/

    And on the Looping Music Page, we have:

    “Castle 8-Bit-Stein”http://soundimage.org/looping-music/

    I hope some of them are helpful!

    Daily updates, as always, are here:https://twitter.com/EricMatyashttps://www.facebook.com/soundimage.org

    Playlists are here:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6mnT…KGy-A/playlists

    Have a great weekend! Eric

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • April 11, 2016 at 3:46 AM

    Hi everyone, I've posted some new sound FX for everyone: On the SFX-SciFi Page we have: "Undersea Power Plant" "Psycho Copter" "Mad Voltage"http://soundimage.org/sfx-scifi/ And on the SFX-PwrUp/Dn Page, we have: Power Ups 28, 29 and 30http://soundimage.org/sfx-pwrupdn/ I hope some of my them are helpful! Daily updates, as always, are here:https://twitter.com/EricMatyashttps://www.facebook.com/soundimage.org Playlists are here:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6mnTE ... /playlists Have a great week! Eric

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • April 4, 2016 at 4:12 AM

    Hi everyone,

    As I said, I've received a lot of requests for sound effects, so I've created some and begun opening new pages for them. So far we have:

    SFX - Alerts (general bells and chimes)http://soundimage.org/sfx-alerts/

    SFX - Creepyhttp://soundimage.org/sfx-creepy/

    SFX - Power Ups/Downshttp://soundimage.org/sfx-pwrupdn/

    SFX - SciFihttp://soundimage.org/sfx-scifi/

    SFX - UI (User Interface)http://soundimage.org/sfx-ui/

    This is just the beginning, of course, but I think it's a pretty good start. I'll be adding more pages and sounds and will post updates as I go. I hope some of my sounds are helpful!

    Daily updates, as always, are here:https://twitter.com/EricMatyashttps://www.facebook.com/soundimage.org

    Playlists are here:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6mnTE ... /playlists

    Have a great week! Eric

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • March 31, 2016 at 4:39 AM

    Hi everyone,

    I've received a lot of requests for sound effects, especially from game developers, so next week I'll be opening new pages with original free sound effects. Stay tuned!

    In the meantime, all of my newest looping music tracks are on the Horror/Surreal Page:

    “Zombie Game”

    “Nightmare Freeway”

    “Sewer Monsters Town Hall Meeting”

    “Surreal Game Menu”

    “Hazy Disorientation”

    “Disturbing Chimes”

    http://soundimage.org/horrorsurreal/

    Daily updates, as always, are here:https://twitter.com/EricMatyashttps://www.facebook.com/soundimage.org

    Playlists are here:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6mnT…KGy-A/playlists

    Have a great weekend! Eric

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • March 28, 2016 at 4:31 AM

    Hi everyone,

    I've finished looping versions on my Dark/Ominous page as well as my Funny/Quirky/Weird and Funny 2 Pages. Here they are:

    DARK/OMINOUS:

    “Monster Stake Out"

    “Ominous Pursuit"

    “Ominous Goings-On"

    “City of Dread"

    “Deserted Streets"

    http://soundimage.org/dark-ominous/

    FUNNY/QUIRKY/WEIRD:

    “Video Game Brain Drain"

    “Monkey Island Band"

    “Mister Sneakypants"

    “Farty Crooks"

    “Blob Monsters Return"

    http://soundimage.org/funnyquirky/

    FUNNY 2:

    “The Hairy Monsters Dance-a-Thon"

    “Ice Cream Truck"

    “The Monkey Island Band Returns"

    “Drifting Through the Forbidden Zone"

    “Stoned Invaders"

    “More Monkey Island Band"

    http://soundimage.org/funny-2/

    I hope some of them are helpful! If you find a non-looping track that you'd like me to loop (on a page I haven't done yet) feel free to send me an email and I'll see what I can do. /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":)" width="15">

    Daily updates are here:
    https://twitter.com/EricMatyas
    https://www.facebook.com/soundimage.org

    Playlists are here:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6mnT…KGy-A/playlists

    Have a great week!
    Eric

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™