1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Eric Matyas

Posts by Eric Matyas

  • Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    • Eric Matyas
    • April 3, 2017 at 8:33 AM

    A bunch of new images are ready:

    http://soundimage.org/txr-wood/

    http://soundimage.org/txr-bark/

    I hope some of them are helpful!

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • March 28, 2017 at 2:21 AM

    Hi everyone,

    This week's new free tracks are:

    "Cyber Dystopia"_Looping

    http://soundimage.org/sci-fi-5/

    "Sewer Creepers"_Looping

    "Grunge Bot"_Looping

    "Breakdown"_Looping

    "Countdown"_Looping

    http://soundimage.org/sci-fi-4/

    I get emails every once in a while from folks who seem to be having a bit of trouble navigating the site. Here are some things to keep in mind that should hopefully help:

    1. The titles of the pages in the tan box under the header image are actually links to the various pages. Hover over them to highlight them (a box appears around them) and then click.

    2. I think sometimes people are fooled when they click on one of the page links, like for example "Fantasy 3" and nothing seems to happen. But if you look closer, you'll see that the title of the link you clicked on actually turns to bold indicating that you are now on that particular page. Simply scroll down to see the contents of that page.

    3. Since all of the page links appear at the top of every page, it's easy to think that you haven't been taken anywhere after clicking on one of them. Again, notice that the title of the link you clicked on has now turned bold...and you have to scroll down to see the page contents.

    Anyhow, I hope that's helpful! :)

  • Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    • Eric Matyas
    • March 26, 2017 at 11:56 PM

    Hi everyone,

    This week's new images are all seamless so they can be tiled.

    The first group might be useful in sci-fi games. Feel free to scale them, mix with procedural textures or other images as needed.http://soundimage.org/txr-sci-fi/

    The second bunch are stone textures and could be useful for walls or other structures.http://soundimage.org/txr-rockstone/

    Please note: On all of my texture pages, the seamless images are grouped below the standard ones so make sure to scroll down...(WAY down on the rock/stone page.)

    Anyhow, I hope some of them are helpful. Have a great week!

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • March 20, 2017 at 9:49 AM

    Hi everyone,

    Here are this week's new free tracks:

    "Strange Zone"_Looping

    http://soundimage.org/horrorsurreal/

    "Alien Vistas"_Looping

    http://soundimage.org/sci-fi-5/

    "Murder in the Outer Colonies"_Looping

    "Faltering Circuits"_Looping

    http://soundimage.org/sci-fi-4/

    And don't forget to check out my new Chiptunes page if you haven't already. :)

    http://soundimage.org/chiptunes/

    Have a great week!

  • Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    • Eric Matyas
    • March 19, 2017 at 8:54 PM

    Hi everyone,

    A bunch of cool new stone images are ready. You'll find them here:

    http://soundimage.org/txr-rockstone/

    I hope some of them are helpful!

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • March 14, 2017 at 12:05 AM

    I've received a lot of requests for chiptunes style music so I've opened a chiptunes page and uploaded a bunch of tracks to get it started. I hope some of them are helpful!

    http://soundimage.org/chiptunes/

    Have a great week!

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • March 8, 2017 at 11:39 AM

    Hi everyone,

    This week's new free tracks are from my sci-fi and horror pages. They are:

    "Sewer Monsters"_Looping

    http://soundimage.org/sci-fi-2/

    "Closing In 2"_Looping

    "Night Stalker"_Looping

    "Disturbed Soundscape"_Looping

    "Lurking in the Shadows"_Looping

    http://soundimage.org/horrorsurreal/

    I've also been getting emails asking if my tracks are free to use in commercial projects. The answer is yes (with proper attribution.) Please see my homepage for attribution information. :)

    Eric

  • Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    • Eric Matyas
    • March 7, 2017 at 11:36 PM

    Hi everyone,

    I just began a new page of cool Sci-Fi texture images. Give it a look:

    http://soundimage.org/txr-sci-fi/

    I'll be adding many more images, including skins for creatures, aliens, etc.

    Any requests?

    Btw, I've also had folks ask about how to credit me for my images. Please simply list me and my website under "Textures" in your credits section...there's no need to identify which images are mine...unless you really want to. :)

    Anyhow, I think this is going to evolve into a really cool page. Hope it's helpful!

    Eric

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • February 28, 2017 at 8:54 AM

    Hi everyone,

    It's a little hard to believe, but Soundimage turned 3 years old this month, so I wanted to send out a big thank you to everyone who has been so positive and encouraging from the start. Creating original music is a lot of work, but it's thrilling to hear my tracks in your games, apps, videos and emerging art forms like interactive novels. I feel like part of me is in your work, and it's incredibly satisfying to be able to help you make your visions into realities. Thank you!

    In a few more weeks, I should have seamless looping versions done of nearly every track on the site. That said, this week's new free tracks are from my sci-fi pages. They are:

    "Retro Sci-Fi Planet"_Looping

    "Night Winds"_Looping

    "Eerie Cyber World"_Looping

    "Dizzybot"_Looping

    http://soundimage.org/sci-fi/

    "Dystopic Technology"_Looping

    http://soundimage.org/sci-fi-2/

    I hope some of them are helpful!

    Eric

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • February 22, 2017 at 7:13 AM

    Here are this week's new free tracks:

    On my Quiet 2 Page, we have:

    "Desert After Rain"_Looping

    "Vast Places"_Looping

    "Autumn Leaves"_Looping

    On my Upbeat Page, we have:

    "Calmer Times"_Looping

    And on my Sci-Fi 5 page, we have:

    "More Introspective Machines"_Looping

    Enjoy!http://soundimage.org/

  • Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    • Eric Matyas
    • February 21, 2017 at 11:49 AM

    Hi everyone,

    I've added about 100 new texture images. You'll find them on the following pages:

    TXR - BRICK - (some new seamless "fantasy" bricks)

    TXR - GROUND - (stones that could be used for riverbeds, railroad beds, etc.)

    TXR - METAL - (both standard and seamless)

    TXR - ROCK/STONE - (lots of cool rock textures, both standard and seamless...realistic as well as fantasy creations)

    TXR - VEGETATION - (some cool ground cover that has a surreal look)

    Enjoy!http://soundimage.org/

  • Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    • Eric Matyas
    • February 15, 2017 at 1:06 PM

    This week's new free images are on my TXR - WOOD page. At the top, I've added a bunch of smooth wood images that might come in handy for interiors. Some have dents and other signs of wear.

    If you scroll down (way down) to Seamless Textures, you'll find about 20 "fantasy wood" images...(I'm experimenting with creating different looks.)

    Anyhow, they all live here:

    http://soundimage.org/txr-wood/

    I hope some of them are helpful!

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • February 13, 2017 at 4:16 AM

    Well, it was another busy week, but I guess that's a good thing...keeping busy keeps me out of trouble...usually... ;) Anyhow, I managed to get these done:

    "RIVER IN TROUBLE"_Looping – Thinking about the Colorado River in the American south west. "ALASKAN MOONRISE"_Looping – Could work in a nature documentary or perhaps something else. "FLURRIES"_Looping – That chill in the air tells you the first snow fall of winter is on its way.

    http://soundimage.org/naturescience-2/

    "PELICAN BAY TIKI PARTY"_Looping – A fun tropical piece.

    http://soundimage.org/positive-upbeat/

    "SCULPTURE GARDEN"_Looping – A string piece with the suggestion of gently bubbling fountains. Might be nice for a classy outdoor event.

    http://soundimage.org/classical-sounding/

    I also created a new page of sky images...mostly taken around sunset...for anyone who's interested...(TXR - SKIES) I hope some of them are helpful. :)

    Have a good week!

  • Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    • Eric Matyas
    • February 8, 2017 at 2:26 PM

    Hi everyone,

    I've opened a new page of free sky images that might come in handy in your projects:http://soundimage.org/txr-skies/

    I also added a bunch of new wood images here:http://soundimage.org/txr-wood/

    I hope some of them are helpful!

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • February 8, 2017 at 12:24 AM

    Hey Everyone,

    I had a busy week shooting images, but I did manage to get some new tracks done:

    "STRANGE NATURE"_Looping – Bizarre creatures are everywhere…if you look.

    http://soundimage.org/naturescience/

    "HYPNOTIC ORIENT"_Looping – I’d love to hear this in a travel video.

    "EXOTIC DREAMING"_Looping – of faraway places. (I've been doing a lot of that lately.)

    "EXOTIC CRUISING"_Looping – might be nice in a travel or vacation video. (Anyone want to treat me to a cruise? Haha.)

    http://soundimage.org/events/

    Awe, come on...I could really use a cruise! ;)

  • Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    • Eric Matyas
    • February 1, 2017 at 3:34 AM

    Hi everyone,

    A whole bunch of new seamless texture images are ready for you on the following pages:

    TXR - Brick TXR - Concrete/Pavement TXR - Foliage TXR - Ground TXR - Stone TXR - Wood

    Feel free to generate maps from them (displacement, specular, etc) as needed. If you need me to create them custom for you, drop me an email...(my email address is at the bottom of my homepage.)

    I hope some of them are helpful!

    Erichttp://soundimage.org/

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • February 1, 2017 at 3:33 AM

    This week’s new free tracks are on my Nature/Science page:

    "Distant Mountains"_Looping

    "Hidden Pond"_Looping

    "Fuji"_Looping

    "Random Processes"_Looping

    "Deep Peace"_Looping

    “Life in a Drop”_Looping

    “Droplet of Life”_Looping

    http://soundimage.org/naturescience/


    Have a good week,

    Eric

  • Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    • Eric Matyas
    • January 24, 2017 at 11:14 AM

    Hi everyone,

    I photographed a lot of cool textures last week that I'm sure could be used in all kinds of things. You'll find them here:

    http://soundimage.org/txr-brick/http://soundimage.org/txr-concrete/http://soundimage.org/txr-ground/http://soundimage.org/txr-metal/http://soundimage.org/txr-rockstone/http://soundimage.org/txr-vegetation/http://soundimage.org/txr-wood/

    Again, if anyone has requests for certain types of images, I'll be happy to keep my eyes open for them. Just let me know. :)

    Have a good week,

    Eric

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • January 23, 2017 at 3:03 AM

    I want to send out a great big heartfelt thank you to everyone who has personally reached out to me about my film "Then Meditative Coast." I'm glad that you're enjoying it and hope that it helps to lower your blood pressure in these stressful times that we live in. Please feel free to share the film with anyone who might find it helpful.

    In that spirit, here are this week's new free tracks:

    "Still of Morning"_Looping

    "Thumbing Across Alaska"_Looping

    http://soundimage.org/quiet-peaceful-mellow/

    "Serenity in the Sky"_Looping

    "Tranquility at 30,000 Feet"_Looping

    "Where the River Begins"_Looping

    http://soundimage.org/quiet-2/

    Have a good week,

    Eric

  • Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    • Eric Matyas
    • January 18, 2017 at 12:00 PM

    I've got a bunch of new fantasy stone and metal images ready...both standard and seamless. I think they look pretty cool. Make sure to left click on them to see the full sized images. You'll find them here:

    http://soundimage.org/txr-rockstone/http://soundimage.org/txr-metal/

    I'll be out and about this week searching for new textures to photograph. If anyone has any requests for certain types of images, I'll be happy to keep my eyes open for them. Just let me know. :)

    Eric

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™