1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Eric Matyas

Posts by Eric Matyas

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • June 20, 2017 at 1:31 PM

    I guess this is "guitar mayhem week"...(well, mostly)...lol.

    Anyhow, these new tracks on my Action 2 page might work in drone racing videos, extreme sports videos or maybe gritty action-oriented games:

    "Guitar Mayhem2 " (Looping) "Guitar Mayhem3 " (Looping) "Guitar Mayhem4 " (Looping) "Guitar Mayhem5 " (Looping) "Guitar Mayhem6 " (Looping)http://soundimage.org/action-2/

    I did also manage to get one fantasy track done...it's on my Fantasy 7 page:

    "Mystical Places" (Looping)http://soundimage.org/fantasy-7/

    Have a good week! :)

  • Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    • Eric Matyas
    • June 13, 2017 at 1:32 PM

    I've uploaded a bunch of cool new metal, stone and bark texture images, both seamless and standard.

    They are here:

    http://soundimage.org/txr-metal/http://soundimage.org/txr-rockstone/http://soundimage.org/txr-bark/

    I hope some of them are helpful.

    Btw, my Soundimage Facebook page has been giving me trouble, so I've started a personal one:

    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100017638394276

    Have a good week! :)

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • June 12, 2017 at 9:51 PM

    Big update this week...lots of new tacks to share...woo hoo!

    I've had some requests for more rock guitar action tracks, so on the Action 2 page, we have: "Guitar Mayhem" (Looping)http://soundimage.org/action-2/

    For puzzle game makers, I've added: "Mind Bender" (Looping) "Sky Puzzle"(Looping)http://soundimage.org/puzzle-music/

    On the Sci-Fi 5 page, we have: "Drifting Off" "Sky Elevator" (Looping)http://soundimage.org/sci-fi-5/

    Two new tracks on my Funny 3 page:

    If anyone is doing a mad scientist piece, this one might come in handy: "Sneaking Around Doctor Weird's Laboratory" (Looping)

    and for a crazy racing or action game, we have: "Wacky Water Balloon Waces" (Looping) ...sounds like something Elmer Fudd would say...lol.http://soundimage.org/funny-3/

    On my Fantasy 7 page, we have: "Far Away Places Call" "Enchanted Forest Open" (Looping)http://soundimage.org/fantasy-7/

    For my drone pilot friends, we have a new track on the Events/Travel 2 page: "Dreaming of Thermals"http://soundimage.org/events-travel-2/

    And, finally, on the City/Urban 2 page, we have: "The Street Musician"http://soundimage.org/city-urban-2/

    I hope some of them are helpful! :)

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • June 6, 2017 at 11:10 AM

    Hi everyone,

    It's proving to be another very busy week, but I've managed to get a few new free tracks done for you:

    "The Giant Gates Open"http://soundimage.org/ancient/

    "The March of the Broken Robots"http://soundimage.org/sci-fi-5/

    "Cat Mischief"http://soundimage.org/funny-3/

    And please don't forget about my new Facebook page where I post daily updates:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100017638394276

    Have a good week! :)

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • June 1, 2017 at 7:52 PM

    For some reason my Facebook page for Soundimage won't let me post my daily updates (or anything else) so I've started a personal Facebook page. Here's the link:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100017638394276 Have a good weekend! :)

  • Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    • Eric Matyas
    • May 30, 2017 at 8:51 PM

    Hi everyone,

    As promised, I've added about 50 distressed paper textures. They might be useful for maps, backgrounds and other things.

    http://soundimage.org/txr-paper/

    I hope some of them are helpful. :)

  • Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    • Eric Matyas
    • May 25, 2017 at 7:46 PM

    Hi everyone,

    I've just uploaded about 130 seamless fabric texture images onto a brand new page:

    http://soundimage.org/txr-fabric/

    Hopefully some of them will be useful for clothes and other things. As always, feel free to edit as needed.

    Have a great weekend! :)

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • May 24, 2017 at 1:20 AM

    Here are this week's new free tracks:

    "Flying Over Ancient Lands"http://soundimage.org/events-travel-2/

    "High Altitude Bliss"http://soundimage.org/quiet-2/

    "Dreamy Fantasy Game Menu"http://soundimage.org/fantasy-7/

    "More Crazy Races"http://soundimage.org/action/

    "Funky Chiptune"http://soundimage.org/chiptunes/

    I hope some of them are useful. :)

  • Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    • Eric Matyas
    • May 18, 2017 at 2:09 PM

    I just opened a new page of paper textures that might be useful for maps, backgrounds and other things:

    http://soundimage.org/txr-paper/

    As always, feel free to edit as needed.

    Next week I'll begin adding distressed paper textures which should (hopefully) look really cool.

    Have a great weekend! :)

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • May 17, 2017 at 1:06 PM

    Hi everyone,

    Lots of new music for you:

    On the Sci-Fi 5 page, we have: "Monsters on Board" "Monsters on Board 2" "Monsters on Board 3"http://soundimage.org/sci-fi-5/

    On the Events/Travel 2 page, we have a new track intended for drone pilots, but it might work in a travel video as well: "Cruising at Altitude"http://soundimage.org/events-travel-2/

    For those of you needing puzzle game music, I started a new page of just that so all my puzzle music is in one place now (instead of scattered around.) So we have these new tracks: "Hypnotic Puzzle" "Hypnotic Puzzle 2" "Hypnotic Puzzle 3" "Hypnotic Puzzle 4"http://soundimage.org/puzzle-music/

    And finally, a couple of new looping tracks on my Action page: "Quirky Action" "Quirky Action 2"http://soundimage.org/action/

    Remember, daily updates of new tracks are here:https://www.facebook.com/soundimage.org/

    Have a good week! :)

  • Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    • Eric Matyas
    • May 10, 2017 at 1:31 PM

    Greetings!

    I've uploaded about 150 new texture images, seamless and standard. As always, feel free to edit as needed. You'll find them here:

    http://soundimage.org/txr-bark/http://soundimage.org/txr-brick/http://soundimage.org/txr-metal/http://soundimage.org/txr-rockstone/http://soundimage.org/txr-vegetation/http://soundimage.org/txr-wood/

    Paper textures (for maps, backgrounds, etc.) are on their way as well. Hopefully I'll have a brand new page full of them by next week. :)

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • May 9, 2017 at 10:39 AM

    Here are this week's new free tracks:

    On the Action Page, we have: "Nighttime Escape" "Car Theft 101"http://soundimage.org/action/

    On my Funny 3 page, we have: "Baboons with Balloons"http://soundimage.org/funny-3/

    And on the Looping Music Page, we have: "Puzzle Dreams" "Puzzle Dreams 2" "Puzzle Dreams 3"http://soundimage.org/looping-music/

    Daily updates of new tracks are here:https://www.facebook.com/soundimage.org/

    I hope some of them are useful! :)

  • Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    • Eric Matyas
    • May 4, 2017 at 10:59 AM

    Hi everyone,

    I've uploaded about 20 additional seamless metal texture images to finish out the set from last week. Each is 2048X2048. For anyone who's interested, they all came from a retired DC-7 aircraft. I Hope some of them will be helpful.

    http://soundimage.org/txr-metal/

    (Scroll down...they live about half way down the page.)

    Have a good weekend!

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • May 3, 2017 at 11:19 AM

    I've been super busy creating custom tracks for clients, but I did mange to get a few new tracks done for everyone:

    "Defending Their City"http://soundimage.org/sci-fi-5/

    "Serenity Before Fuji"http://soundimage.org/events-travel-2/

    "Pixel Drama"http://soundimage.org/looping-music/

    "Arrival"http://soundimage.org/dark-ominous/

    "At the Bottom of Europa"http://soundimage.org/naturescience-2/

    I hope everyone's having a good week! :)

  • Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    • Eric Matyas
    • April 28, 2017 at 2:57 PM

    I've just uploaded about 70 new seamless metal textures. All are 2048X2048. Some have a "camo" look and might work well for military-themed objects. Others have intriguing patterns that might look cool in fantasy-based things. And some are just plain weird looking, but what the heck...give them a look. Hopefully some of them will be helpful.

    http://soundimage.org/txr-metal/

    (Scroll down...they live toward the bottom of the page.)

    More are on the way. :)

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • April 24, 2017 at 12:34 PM

    More brand new free tracks for everyone...

    "REACHING ALTITUDE" – I would love to hear this in a drone video…(I’m a huge fan.) But it might work in a travel video as well.http://soundimage.org/events/

    "THE ASTRONOMY CLUB" – Somehow these kids always seemed to have a lovable goofiness about them. I was never in the astronomy club, but probably should have been…I love all things having to do with space (and certainly qualified as far as the goofy factor was concerned!)http://soundimage.org/funny-3/

    "GRUNGE STREET GAME" – (Looping) Might work under a fighting level.http://soundimage.org/action/

    "MIDNIGHT WANDERER" – Through the cold concrete jungle.http://soundimage.org/city-urban-2/

    "A CITY FOR ALL MANKIND" – Perhaps one day people will finally learn to get along.http://soundimage.org/positive-upbeat/

    Have a great week! :)

  • Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    • Eric Matyas
    • April 20, 2017 at 12:36 PM

    Hi everyone,

    I've uploaded about 50 new metal texture images. Feel free to edit them as needed. You'll find them here:

    http://soundimage.org/txr-metal/

    I hope some of them are helpful!

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • April 17, 2017 at 12:15 AM

    Hi everyone,

    Now that looping versions of most of my tracks are done, I'm back to creating brand new music and soundscapes. Got a new synth, too, so lots of new sounds are on their way. Here are some for starters:

    "Sky Runner" (standard and looping) "Cyber Teen"http://soundimage.org/sci-fi-5/

    "It's Always Sunny in the 80's" "It's Raining Pixels" "The Ice Cream Man"http://soundimage.org/chiptunes/

    "After the Invasion"http://soundimage.org/horrorsurreal/

    "From the Sand to the Stars"http://soundimage.org/techno/

    I hope some of them are useful! :)

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • April 10, 2017 at 12:47 PM

    Hi everyone,

    Things have finally calmed down a bit...pfew! ...In that spirit here's:

    "Gulf Breeze"_Loopinghttp://soundimage.org/positive-upbeat/

    The rest of this week's new free tracks are from my Technology Page...I think some of them might work in sci-fi themed projects. They are:

    "Intriguing Future"_Looping

    "Future Business"_Looping

    "Future Grid"_Looping

    "Switch On"_Looping

    http://soundimage.org/techno/

    Enjoy your week! :)

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • April 4, 2017 at 11:39 PM

    It's been a very hectic week, but I did manage to upload some new tracks:

    "The Old Parolee"_Looping

    "Autumn of Life"_Looping

    "Drama in the Caribbean"_Looping

    http://soundimage.org/drama-2/

    I hope everyone's having a calmer, less stressful week than I am. :)

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™