1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Eric Matyas

Posts by Eric Matyas

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • November 13, 2019 at 12:44 AM

    Well, I’m up to 1,960 tracks…it’s hard to believe…I might actually reach 2,000 by the end of the year! Anyhow, I just wanted to send out a big THANK YOU to those of you who have showed your support for my work and my website…your contributions have allowed me to make my monthly payments on my synths. They are all top-of-the-line instruments and I think it’s reflected in the quality of the sound they put out.

    The whole point of my soundimage project was to make good-sounding music available to anyone regardless of their budget…and it’s definitely working thanks to you!

    I’ve been spending time learning my newest synth which will enable me to create tracks in genres that I haven’t done before. I’ll let you know as I open new pages on my site to release them.

    In the meantime, here’s what’s new this week:

    A brand new music track on my Action 3 page:

    FUNKY RUNNIN’ – (Looping) – Maybe for a funky endless runner game?https://soundimage.org/action-3/

    Some cool electronic sound fx on my new SFX – Electronic page:

    ELECTRONIC STATIC and TELEPHONE STATIC – Perhaps for situations where communications have been knocked out. (They actually sound pretty cool.)https://soundimage.org/sfx-electronic/

    On my SFX – Creepy page:

    EERIE INDUSTRIAL DRONE – (to add to my other creepy drones.)https://soundimage.org/sfx-creepy/

    And on my SFX – Environments page:

    UNDERWATER RUMBLE – Maybe for deep sea environments?https://soundimage.org/sfx-environments/

    Have a great week!

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • November 5, 2019 at 1:50 PM

    Hi everyone, I have a bunch of new music tracks ready for your projects…all free to use with attribution. On my Funny 6 page: “What the Cluck?!” “The Ant Hill Gang Goes to Europe” “Bubble Gum Groovin’” (Standard and Looping)https://soundimage.org/funny-6/ On my Fantasy 9 page: “The Castle of the Mad Scientist” (Standard and Looping)https://soundimage.org/fantasy-9/ And on my Sci-Fi 8 page: “Dreaming of Cyberpunk” (Looping)https://soundimage.org/sci-fi-8/ I have a bit of down time this week so if anyone needs some custom music created, this is a good time to give me a shout. My email address is here:https://soundimage.org/custom-work/ Keep being creative…and have a good week!

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • October 29, 2019 at 1:22 PM

    Happy Halloween! (Okay, a couple of days in advance...lol.) Anyhow, to honor this ghoulish holiday, I’ve compiled a list of about 100 of my music tracks that might work for your Halloween parties, events, haunted houses, projects and other things. Make a mix of them if you’d like! Here’s a link to the page with the list:https://soundimage.org/halloween-music/ Enjoy…and have a safe holiday!

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • October 24, 2019 at 6:22 PM

    Halloween is almost here! And in that spirit (no pun intended) I have some new free tracks for your spooky projects: On my Dark / Ominous 2 page: “The Haunted Deep” “The Front Door of a Haunted House”https://soundimage.org/dark-ominous-2/ On my Fantasy 9 page: “Ghostly Enchantment” (Looping)https://soundimage.org/fantasy-9/ I’ve also had all five episodes of my environmental learning series, “Dune’s Island” captioned. Please feel free to share with teachers and parents.https://soundimage.org/dunes-island/ Have a great weekend!

  • Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    • Eric Matyas
    • October 22, 2019 at 12:41 AM

    I was busy shooting a film over the weekend, but I managed to do some mad experiments creating pixel art-style tiles. These were derived from glass surfaces, but might be used for other things as well. Free to use with attribution. Enjoy!

    https://soundimage.org/art-glass/

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • October 17, 2019 at 6:47 PM

    Happy Thursday! Here are this week’s new tracks…100% free to use with attribution: “MYSTICAL HIGHLANDS” – (Looping) – Perhaps atop faraway mountains where the clouds drift below you. Or maybe in the quiet alleyways of an ancient city.https://soundimage.org/fantasy-9/ Here are a couple new music tracks that might work for Halloween projects…or perhaps other things: "CREEPY HOLLOW" - Will you venture into the mist-filled forest? This track loops easily, btw.https://soundimage.org/dark-ominous-2/ “THE ATTIC OF SECRETS” – (Looping) – A dark, drafty place filled with long-forgotten things. What will you find?https://soundimage.org/fantasy-9/ Have a good weekend…and keep being creative!

  • Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    • Eric Matyas
    • October 16, 2019 at 10:41 PM

    Hey everyone, I just opened a new page of stone pixel art-style tiles. You’ll find them here: ART – Stonehttps://soundimage.org/art-stone/ Feel free to edit as needed. I’ve also created a bunch of new ground tiles. They live here: ART – Groundhttps://soundimage.org/art-ground/ As always, if you have any requests, feel free to pm or email me. I hope some of my work is helpful!

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • October 10, 2019 at 12:13 AM

    As Halloween approaches, I thought I’d focus this month on creating new tracks that might be useful in Halloween-themed projects (or horror, etc.) That said, all of this week’s new tracks are on my Horror/Surreal Page: SHATTERED MIND – Surreal and disturbing, this could be used in all kinds of nightmarish things I’m sure. Easy to loop as well. WELCOME TO THE MANSION – A haunted mansion that is. Muah hah hah! SHATTERED REALITY – Another surrealistic piece. Might sound cool in a sci-fi project, too.https://soundimage.org/horrorsurreal/ All of my tracks are 100% free to use with attribution. Enjoy!

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • October 2, 2019 at 11:58 PM

    Greetings! This week’s new music tracks are: On my Puzzle Music 5 page: “LIGHT DROPS” – (Looping)https://soundimage.org/puzzle-music-5/ On my Sci-Fi 8 page: “STRANGE THINGS” – (Looping)https://soundimage.org/sci-fi-8/ And on my Techno page: “BLISSFUL TRANCE” – (Looping)https://soundimage.org/dance-techno/ Ogg Music update: All of the tracks on my first Puzzle Music page are now available as super high quality Ogg files for a very small fee. It’s a cool way to support my work and my site. I hope some of them are helpful!

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • September 27, 2019 at 1:14 AM

    Hey folks, Here are this week’s new tracks. Free to use with attribution. On my Funny 6 page: MORE MASHIN’ MONSTERS – (Looping)https://soundimage.org/funny-6/ On my Puzzle Music 4 page: COOL PUZZLE GROOVIN’ – (Looping)https://soundimage.org/puzzle-music-4/ And on my Urban Ambience page: STREET_W29 – General street ambience. STREET_W29_2 – General street ambience.https://soundimage.org/amb-urban-ambience/ Attribution information is here:https://soundimage.org/attribution-info/ Enjoy!

  • Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    • Eric Matyas
    • September 25, 2019 at 12:01 AM

    Greetings! New pixel art-style tiles are ready for your projects. All free to use with attribution. You’ll find them here: ART – Groundhttps://soundimage.org/art-ground/ ART – Metalhttps://soundimage.org/art-metal/ Enjoy and keep creating!

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • September 21, 2019 at 7:22 PM

    OGG MUSIC UPDATE: All of my music tracks on my Horror/Surreal page can now be downloaded as very high-quality Ogg files. Halloween’s not too far off, so I’ll try to create more creepy music tracks this month. I had a super busy week creating original music for some indie projects, but I managed to get a few new free tracks done for everyone: On my Fantasy 9 page: MELANQUIRKY HOLLOW – (Looping) – Here’s a strange little piece that combines melancholy with quirkiness. Perhaps for humorously sad inhabitants of a fantasy village who stumble around drunk all the time? This one definitely falls into the “I’d be very interested to see what someone uses this for” category…lol.https://soundimage.org/fantasy-9/ On my Urban Ambience page: STREET_R29 – General street ambience. No foot traffic. Truck passes. Distant brakes. STREET_E30 – General street ambience. No foot traffic.https://soundimage.org/amb-urban-ambience/ Have a good weekend!

  • Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    • Eric Matyas
    • September 19, 2019 at 12:44 AM

    Hi guys,

    I’ve been super busy this week creating custom music for a bunch of indie projects, but I did manage some more mad experiments with pixel art-style wood tiles...128X128. You can download them freely here:

    https://soundimage.org/art-wood/


    OGG MUSIC UPDATE:

    All of the music tracks on my Horror/Surreal page can now be downloaded as very high-quality Ogg files. Halloween’s not too far off, so I’ll try to create more creepy music tracks this month.

    Meanwhile, if anyone has requests for Ogg versions of tracks that haven’t been made available yet, just let me know and I’ll be happy to upload them for you.

    Enjoy!

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • September 12, 2019 at 12:33 AM

    OGG MUSIC UPDATE: Super high-quality Ogg files are now available for every track on my Fantasy 1 page as well as my Sci-Fi/Space page. And for about half of the tracks on my Looping Music page and my Horror/Surreal page. They sound amazing…almost as good as uncompressed WAV files…give them a try if they work in your projects. Meanwhile, if anyone has requests for Ogg versions of tracks that you happen to like but aren’t on the site yet, just let me know and I’ll be happy to upload them for you. That said, I have a couple of band new free tracks ready: On my Funny 6 page: SEWER SHENANIGANS – (Looping) – Maybe for humorous monsters underground…or funny criminals up to who-knows-what down there.https://soundimage.org/funny-6/ On my Puzzle Music 4 page: CYBER LIGHT CHASE – (Looping) – Perhaps for a faster-paced puzzle game? Or maybe something else?https://soundimage.org/puzzle-music-4/ Enjoy!

  • Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    • Eric Matyas
    • September 10, 2019 at 1:39 PM

    More mad experimenting this week.

    I’ve been trying to create some new looks for pixel art-style images, specifically tiles that can be used in 2D games and things.

    On my ART – Brick page, you’ll find:

    A bunch of cool new brick tiles, 64 by 64 pixels each. Some have a 3D look to them.

    https://soundimage.org/art-brick/

    On my ART – Ground page, you’ll find:

    A variety of new ground tiles that could work for rocky surfaces, grass, sand, etc.

    https://soundimage.org/art-ground/

    MUSIC UPDATE:

    Super high-quality Ogg files are now available for every track on my Fantasy 1 page as well as my Sci-Fi/Space page. And for about half of the tracks on my Looping Music page.

    Eventually, they will be available for every track on my site.

    Meanwhile, if anyone has requests for Ogg versions of tracks you happen to like, just let me know and I’ll be happy to upload them for you.

    Enjoy and keep being creative!

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • September 5, 2019 at 1:10 PM

    Well, WAV files proved too large to upload onto Gumroad in any reasonable amount of time (we’re talking 1900+ tracks) so I’m uploading Ogg files instead. I’ve started with my Fantasy page. They sound really great…give them a try! Meanwhile, if anyone has requests for WAV versions of tracks you happen to like, feel free to contact me. That said, this week’s new free tracks are: On my Action 3 page: WILD WEST COAST RACING 8 – (Looping) – Here’s another one that features a blues-y chord progression (in the C and D sections) giving it a very subtle humorous feel.https://soundimage.org/action-3/ On my Puzzle Music 4 page: PUZZLE JOURNEYS – (Looping) – Maybe for some kind of futuristic puzzle game…or perhaps something else.https://soundimage.org/puzzle-music-4/ And on my AMB - Urban Ambience page: STREET CORNER_P-29 – Traffic, people talking, distant brakes squeaking, construction, bicycle passes. STREET CORNER_P-29_2 – Less traffic. Pedestrians talking, cars beep, bicycle passes, distant horns, truck pulls up, air brakes from truck, subway heard underground coming into station, another subway passes underground, distant helicopter. STREET CORNER_P30 – Traffic passes, people pass on sidewalk, car horn, etc.https://soundimage.org/amb-urban-ambience/ I hope some of my work is helpful!

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • August 29, 2019 at 12:48 AM

    Greetings! I’ve had a number of requests for uncompressed versions of my tracks, so I’ve begun making them available on Gumroad for a small free to help support the site. The MP3 files that I make freely available sound very good, but the original uncompressed WAV files sound really incredible…give them a try! If anyone is curious as to why I didn’t upload WAV files to begin with, the reason is that my web hosting service places limitations on file sizes and WAV files tend to be very large. Anyhow, it’s going to take some time to upload everything, so if anyone has any requests for WAV versions of tracks you happen to like, just drop me an email and I’ll upload them to Gumroad for you. Feel free to convert to Ogg or any format you like. That said, this week’s new free tracks are: On my Sci-Fi 8 page: EMERGING ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS – (Looping) – As they become industrialized, hopefully they won’t make the same mistakes we have.https://soundimage.org/sci-fi-8/ And on my AMB - Urban Ambience page, more large city street ambience: STREET CORNER_M-30 – Traffic, distant sirens, pedestrians, someone whistles, trucks passing, talking, horns, etc. STREET CORNER_M30_2 – Noisy traffic passes, pedestrians, talking, distant brakes squeak, etc.https://soundimage.org/amb-urban-ambience/ Enjoy!

  • Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    • Eric Matyas
    • August 27, 2019 at 2:39 PM

    Hey everyone, For those of you who have been using my original music in your projects, I’ve had a good number of requests for uncompressed versions of my tracks, so I’ve begun making them available on Gumroad for a small fee to help support the site. The MP3 files that I make freely available sound very good, but the original uncompressed WAV files really sound incredible…give them a try! If anyone is curious as to why I didn’t upload WAV files onto my site to begin with, the reason is that my web hosting service places limitations on file sizes and WAV files tend to be very large. Anyhow, it’s going to take some time to upload everything, so if anyone has any requests for WAV versions of tracks you happen to like, just drop me an email and I’ll upload them to Gumroad for you. Feel free to convert to Ogg (or any format you like.) That said, this week’s new free textures are on the following pages: TXR – BRICK - Seamless These might be really nice for castles.https://soundimage.org/txr-brick-seamless/ TXR – WOOD – Seamless Perhaps for old doors, structures, barrels or other things.https://soundimage.org/txr-wood-seamless/ More music and ambient sounds coming this week. Enjoy and keep being creative!

  • Free Music / SFX Resource - Over 2500 Tracks

    • Eric Matyas
    • August 22, 2019 at 1:17 AM

    Hey guys, If anyone is interested, I was recently asked to do an interview for a really cool website called Exilian. The site helps facilitate all kinds of creative projects. Here’s a link if anyone wants to check it out:https://exilian.co.uk/articles.php I hope my answers are entertaining and (somewhat) intelligent…lol. Please feel free to share! That said, this week’s new free tracks are: On my History page: ANCIENT TIMES – (Looping) – Perhaps for a history-themed game?https://soundimage.org/ancient/ On my Sci-Fi 8 page: ESCAPE FROM CYBERPUNK CITY – This piece might sound cool in a dystopic urban-based project.https://soundimage.org/sci-fi-8/ And on my AMB - Urban Ambience page, some really nice large city street ambience: STREET CORNER_5-30 – Trucks, taxis, horns, people talking, distant brakes squeaking, cyclist passes, etc. STREET CORNER_5-29 – Scooter idles at corner, traffic passes, brakes squeak, baby heard, air brakes from truck, people talking, trucks pass, distant brakes squeak, etc.https://soundimage.org/amb-urban-ambience/ Enjoy and keep being creative!

  • Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    • Eric Matyas
    • August 20, 2019 at 11:14 AM

    Greetings fellow creatives, If anyone is interested, I was asked to do an interview for a website called Exilian. Hopefully my answers were entertaining and (somewhat) intelligent…lol. Here’s a link if anyone wants to check it out:https://exilian.co.uk/articles.php That said, this week’s cool new textures are on the following pages: TXR – BRICK - Seamless Some really interesting brick textures.https://soundimage.org/txr-brick-seamless/ TXR – ROCK/STONE – Seamless Some new stone textures that could be used for old roads, paths, castles, etc. Some have grass between the stones, too.https://soundimage.org/txr-rockstone-seamless/ More music is on its way as well as some cool new city ambience sounds. Keep being creative!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™