1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. jackophant

Posts by jackophant

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • jackophant
    • November 11, 2015 at 5:11 PM

    Some of those landing sounds don't contain enough of the relevant surface sound imo.

  • De_forlorn WIP

    • jackophant
    • November 11, 2015 at 4:25 PM

    Needs 100% more pinky rock faces ;)

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/y0RUoqx.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://static2.cs-bg.net/maps/images/screenshots/maps16/de/cs-235-de_nuke.jpg]

  • de_stupa

    • jackophant
    • November 11, 2015 at 3:48 PM
    Quote from swst.turn

    Ts haven't safe path to northern bombsite,

    You make a good point. Originally this was to be likened to inferno's mid to have a safe route based on timing rather than line of sight. I'd like this to still be the case, but I'll check the contact timings with this new build next chance I get and try it once more in the next playtest as I have also rotated how mid operates and don't want to change too much in one go. If there are still issues, I shall indeed implement a line of sight based safe route for A.

    Thanks for the input :)

  • de_stupa

    • jackophant
    • November 11, 2015 at 2:39 PM

    Made a split build, thought I'd change the B entrances up a bit. It could probably do with more space still as well. The CT window room and main entrance have been moved further apart now with the aim of providing a better poised safe position for retakes, doubly so for Ts not being able to watch 2 points of entry in very close proximity.

    Toying with the idea of adding "double door feature" to B long, to reduce sightline and the length of the entry corridor... we shall see.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/KsoohNs.jpg]

    I may need to pull the whole thing slightly further away from the middle of the map as well if timings don't check out.

    Still need to do that compile!

    Sorry for the shitty "dev" posts. I'm finding them useful as a log of my progress and to help maintain direction.

    Thoughts and comments are always welcome.

  • Fallout 4

    • jackophant
    • November 11, 2015 at 10:37 AM

    @dux aside from your gripes with the engine, what do you think of the game?

  • de_stupa

    • jackophant
    • November 10, 2015 at 2:44 PM

    Playing around with the rather dull bombsite A:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/xtyc3Pi.jpg]

    now features a "non-peekable" wall, that can be boosted from the nearside, and self boosted from the far side. Thought I'd see what I can do with it.

    CT site entrance has been moved round to the front to eliminate any long angles from CT spawn, consequently they are much slower to A long, so that needs to be balanced.

    Will compile when I get home, stupid work lunch times too short :(

  • [CS:GO] de_proxy [WIP]

    • jackophant
    • November 10, 2015 at 12:05 PM
    Quote from Psyrius

    I like Confinement and Isolation.

    Anyone has more ideas?

    Those names are too long. I wouldn't go for anything more than 2 syllables, and if possible something that is easily said regardless of language barriers

    GL with FO4

    PS. I like Proxy as well

  • Roraima - a new Ark: Survival Evolved Map

    • jackophant
    • November 10, 2015 at 10:21 AM

    Currently looking at Mt Roraima as part of the Calendar I'm collating for work. Very interesting landscape. Anyone going to try and rebuild the house from Up! on the plateau? :D

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • jackophant
    • November 9, 2015 at 11:40 PM
    Quote from swst.turn

    "Please take more time working on your map. You can choose a date that is further away (more than two weeks) or cancel your submission." I didn't know about this rule, I think it should be described in first post.

    Kind of falls under quality control, but either way it warns of maps being declined:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/zUzxzSA.png]

  • What's going on with your life?

    • jackophant
    • November 9, 2015 at 9:35 PM

    After a long couple of months, and fucked around by some of the scummiest and laziest estate agents in the world, we've finally struck gold!

    Backed by a phenomenally efficient and courteous agency we've had an offer accepted on a house! The way things are looking we could be moving in in time for Christmas! :D

  • Delta Delta

    • jackophant
    • November 9, 2015 at 12:58 PM

    Looks a lot better, and the new lighting immediately makes it feel nicer.

    Have you got an overview for us to see?

  • CounterStrike - Clipping Texture

    • jackophant
    • November 9, 2015 at 12:18 PM

    Someone needs to do a mythbusting video on this!

    IMO they used to have specific purposes in HL2 but have since lost their specific functions for multiplayer games.

  • CS_CROSSWAY [CS:GO]

    • jackophant
    • November 7, 2015 at 5:38 PM

    Welcome :)

    It all looks great, apart from that bright turquoise building... Have you got any photo references for it to compare?

  • Call Of Duty Black Ops 3

    • jackophant
    • November 6, 2015 at 3:06 PM
    Quote from El Moroes

    If anyone is still interested by this game, I don't understand why they are still release a (cut) version for the old gen console...when you see the result (yeah I know $$).

    Whoever is playing that demo is an absolute scrub.

  • De_forlorn WIP

    • jackophant
    • November 5, 2015 at 4:59 PM
    Quote from will2k

    Half-Life's "Surface Tension" and Opposing Force's "Welcome to Black Mesa" chapters FTW :D

    Ok, you drive a hard bargain but I will play them this weekend! Opposing force was the first computer game I bought myself, from Toys'R'Us no less! xD

  • Fallout 4

    • jackophant
    • November 5, 2015 at 4:31 PM

    Can't bloody wait!

  • De_forlorn WIP

    • jackophant
    • November 5, 2015 at 9:50 AM

    that outside shot fills me with nostalgia :D

  • What music have you listened to recently?

    • jackophant
    • November 4, 2015 at 11:56 PM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • MapCore - broken image links

    • jackophant
    • November 4, 2015 at 5:14 PM

    Might want to flag an admin like @Thrik for this. Files may have been lost in the forum software update.

  • Phong creation

    • jackophant
    • November 4, 2015 at 4:00 PM
    Quote from Psyrius

    Thank you. I searched and I saw that thread, but I guess I was scrolling through and reading too fast.

    Code
    $phongMaskContrastBrightness "[0 5]"

    Did he miss a dot there?

    No, the space is the separator for 2 different float values:

    With his example you can now refer back to the VDC article: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/$phong#New_Parameters

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™