1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. JorisCeoen

Posts by JorisCeoen

  • [CS:GO] De_marquis

    • JorisCeoen
    • January 27, 2014 at 10:39 PM
    Quote from Hashtag

    Thanks for your comments !


    The major part of your feedbacks will be fixed in the next beta.


    JorisCeoen> can you tell me more about the trashcans/bags ?

    Do you remember if that's these garbages you are talking about?

    Display More

    Yea I think it were those. They clearly said trashbags, not cans or bins. It was always at the B-site. I'm not really sure since I haven't personally checked it they were static or not, but to cause the lagg, they must be a dynamic entity in a way.

  • [CS:GO] De_marquis

    • JorisCeoen
    • January 27, 2014 at 10:11 PM

    That's obviously taking place in Paris, since the Eifel Tower is still untextured. We just played this map on the 404gaming servers, and I must say it looks fantastic. From the moment I entered I felt like in Paris, and the flow is really nice. Also seemed balanced.


    You might want to look into the trashcans/bags at B site, as walking on them made the entire server lagg. I do'nt know if they are dynamic/physics, but make sure that if they are so, disable collision and add a cip brush over them to prevent lagg.


    Good luck with the following progressions on the map, it already looks fabulous

  • [CS:GO] de_himeji_castle - Final Release (Defusal Map)

    • JorisCeoen
    • January 23, 2014 at 9:46 AM
    Quote from KungFuSquirrel

    Welcome! I moved this over to "Work Release" as it's a full release and not in-progress.

    O yes, sorry about that. I didn't see that subforum on time, and I couldn't move it myself afterwards xD


    Quote from Dannyrand

    This looks fantastic. I'll download it when I get home from work tonight.

    Many thanks man!

  • [CS:GO] de_himeji_castle - Final Release (Defusal Map)

    • JorisCeoen
    • January 22, 2014 at 8:32 PM

    Hello everyone,


    I was told that this is a very good community to show off your work, so here I am. I released de_himeji_castle sometime ago, back then it was released for a contest on which I won first place. The map is set at the hearth of Himeji, a city in Japan. The medieval castle is located on the top of a mountain and is prominently viewable from the city.


    As such, the map is a reconstruction of a real-existing place/building, although the interiors and the actual layout are different. I could only completely reconstruct the outside geometry and architecture, but the inside, prop placement, routes and some textures are fictional and do not appear in reality. Even more so, the acces to the castle is via a network of paths and dead ends and is not portrayed in the map, although the skybox suggests this kind of architecture.


    The map has a defusal mode and will be played as either Casual, Competitive or Deathmatch.


    Some pictures:


    [Blocked Image: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/595900720761086453/151E2BFA0BB782F7ACAA5CC31C4553E20F3D9DBE/637x358.resizedimage]

    [Blocked Image: http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/595900720761096834/00932E3A38516563DA1414DCC80C2D5481D5E382/637x358.resizedimage]

    [Blocked Image: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/595900720761126619/20B4A3DFE437250DCE138AABAA5B239FAE88F242/637x358.resizedimage]

    [Blocked Image: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/595900720761190933/55FBF3974E421C43212A4F5FF3B2E101AFA77744/637x358.resizedimage]

    [Blocked Image: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/595900720761138777/F67CA139A58A794F8A8E05F897E3DE1067D859AF/637x358.resizedimage]

    [Blocked Image: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/595900720761215819/FC189DDE56D4F6FBE0F5D3E9D654052CA21EF120/637x358.resizedimage]

    [Blocked Image: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595900720761232714/989EBA5F6F20E5B9E7048CE26CBD9805BBB5A66A/637x358.resizedimage]

    [Blocked Image: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/595900720761239340/48BEC714C0A3E45CF07C2F52BC9CA4988053E446/637x358.resizedimage]

    [Blocked Image: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/595900720761247711/A138F40953DA5F53682E929C7F7EEEA6F40C552A/637x358.resizedimage]

    [Blocked Image: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595900720761254365/1064EECFA59740FCD93DDA62E6FD9D9DFE299CCB/637x358.resizedimage]

    [Blocked Image: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595900720761259612/3555E3714DA4503F94920E797CFDA792A8C94646/637x358.resizedimage]


    That's it. I would appreciate it if someone could go over to the workshop, download the map, try it out and leave a like/subscribe It's really, highly appreciated!


    As a final note, I would like to say that I posted this thread only now because ever since the contest version which had some bugs and balancing issues, I tend to release this version as final, as it's completely different now and is heavily improved over the older version which I thought was not a good idea yet to post about.


    Enjoy the map!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™