1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. tomm

Posts by tomm

  • de_havana

    • tomm
    • August 12, 2016 at 5:03 PM
    Quote

    10 minutes ago, 'RZL said: Do you already regret?!

    *points at @Lajron* it's his fault

    here's a statue with tits as an apology.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/B0pG6bQ.png]

  • No Man's Sky

    • tomm
    • August 10, 2016 at 3:24 PM

    this reddit post proves there's no multiplayer, the game will just sync the named planets and other discoveries.

  • Best game engine for modern API?

    • tomm
    • August 8, 2016 at 12:37 PM

    not a veteran here, but I don't think you will achieve stunning graphics with programming.

    and ue4/unity is a no brainer unless you wanna lose all your hair by writing an engine from scratch.

    but if low level graphics programming is your thing then go for it.

  • Abzu

    • tomm
    • August 3, 2016 at 12:12 PM

    nice, need more games like this, not too many though.

    [Blocked Image: http://img.pandawhale.com/post-19429-Ill-allow-it-gif-Senor-Chang-C-QhT9.gif]

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • tomm
    • July 31, 2016 at 10:15 PM
    Quote from DrywallDreams

    1 minute ago, DrywallDreams said: nope! Source 2 has a material editor. It's not all fancy node based though

    https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Dota_2_Wo…Material_Editor

    Interesting, I was snooping around the destinations sdk a while back and haven't seen this.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • tomm
    • July 31, 2016 at 10:07 PM

    so we would still have to edit materials in text files?

    killme

  • LawBreakers

    • tomm
    • July 28, 2016 at 6:06 PM

    the game is simply too generic and uninteresting.

    I don't get it. it's like they ticked every point on a "generic shooter" check list.

    it's a shame because I really tried to like it.

  • [CS:GO] De_Saint (Grey Box)

    • tomm
    • July 27, 2016 at 1:17 AM

    running around with bots is rather useless so I can't really comment on the gameplay, but I really like the look of the layout, seems fresh.

    you should schedule a playtest if you haven't playtested yet.

  • Quake Champions

    • tomm
    • July 26, 2016 at 6:42 PM

    the thing with these games is that they need an active community, and people are already hating on it, not a good sign.

  • website is offline

    • tomm
    • July 22, 2016 at 2:45 PM

    my url begins with http://

    strangely enough shortly after I created this thread it started to work again.

  • website is offline

    • tomm
    • July 22, 2016 at 7:44 AM

    anyone else experiencing this?

    I keep getting this like 80% of the time, can barely use the forums.

    it happens in other browsers too.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/LZ9dFVm.png]

  • Overwatch

    • tomm
    • July 22, 2016 at 12:18 AM

    so this just happened, we lost even though we were standing on the point, whatever.

    20 tick?

  • Overwatch

    • tomm
    • July 20, 2016 at 10:12 AM

    well yeah obviously you need to hit your allies to heal them :P

    although hitboxes aren't perfect, you can miss a few inches and it still registers

  • Overwatch

    • tomm
    • July 20, 2016 at 9:58 AM

    she has the best heal burst, 75 shot, 100 aoe grenade + 100% healing from other sources

    she also hits pretty hard, 80 isn't bad at all

    oh and zen has turned into a god, massive difference.

  • A question about slopes in Valve Hammer Editor

    • tomm
    • July 18, 2016 at 8:56 PM

    I wouldn't worry about that, eyeballing is perfectly fine imo

  • A question about slopes in Valve Hammer Editor

    • tomm
    • July 18, 2016 at 8:37 PM

    for more precision you can hold down alt and rotate the object, which ignores the grid snapping and 15 degree rotation.

  • Overwatch

    • tomm
    • July 17, 2016 at 10:49 PM
  • [CS:GO] SHIPPED

    • tomm
    • July 17, 2016 at 9:36 PM

    I know you're not asking for crits so I'm sorry in advance but the water seems odd to me. It looks neither like water nor ice.

    and it reminds me of goldsrc era liquid scrolling textures(no offense). I think you can do better.

    my suggestion would be to make the vessel stuck in a layer of ice and maybe keep the water/waves in a distance.

    I think that would be neat.


    just a rough draft

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/UTfmJIA.png]

    I know this is no joke with source, but I think it would make the map much more interesting.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • tomm
    • July 9, 2016 at 12:03 AM

    aesthetic

    I thought I was looking at UE4 for a moment.

  • Evolve (Turtle Rock Studio's new baby)

    • tomm
    • July 8, 2016 at 12:22 PM

    I kinda wish they'd have taken more inspiration from l4d, basically get from point A to B, killing wildlife in your way etc.

    Have campaigns consisting of a few maps that you go through, ending with a finale.

    As a monster you'd have to kill the hunters to win the game, if they killed you, the game would just transition to the next map in the campaign. Whoever scores the most points wins.

    Spoiler I want l4d3

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™