1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. 'RZL

Posts by 'RZL

  • The Half-Life 3 thread of closure and memorium AKA what Tyler McVicker just said on YouTube

    • 'RZL
    • August 25, 2017 at 9:35 AM

    Here is the plot synopsis of HL3 if you wanna read it: https://pastebin.com/uYecqiuu

  • Konstantin Löffler - Level Designer

    • 'RZL
    • August 20, 2017 at 6:26 PM

    Thanks for your feedback guys,it's much appreciated!

    I'll work on my wording and extend my descriptions by a bit. And yeah, I tried to make the website more responsive for mobile devices but it was just too much of a hassle /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" style="width:15px;height:auto;" title=":(" width="15" />

  • Konstantin Löffler - Level Designer

    • 'RZL
    • August 12, 2017 at 4:12 PM

    Hey, I have been working on and off on a portfolio for the past weeks. Now I think I got something to show off and maybe gather some feedback on what I can improve.

    http://konstantinloeffler.de/

    Thanks!

  • Overwatch

    • 'RZL
    • July 24, 2017 at 11:15 AM

    I really like playing CTF but every now and then there are these huge pricks, who don't escort the winning flag and just keep taunting the enemy team. This really ruins the game mode. I would love to see a solution to that. Like, for example, when the game goes into overtime just make it limited to a minute to at least stop these pricks extending the game indefinitely...

  • de_scepter

    • 'RZL
    • July 11, 2017 at 2:38 PM

    Ran around the map, its pretty fun and good looking, good job! A little bit of snarky feedback: http://imgur.com/a/dcJvs

  • de_scepter

    • 'RZL
    • July 10, 2017 at 10:21 PM

    Oh boy it's the old fiasco all over again, and here I was hoping it would never happen again.

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    Edit: Anyway, great looking map! Congratulations on the release!

  • [CS:GO] DE_Stream (WIP)

    • 'RZL
    • June 26, 2017 at 3:23 PM
    Quote from ItzOmega

    1 hour ago, ItzOmega said: Looks nice so far!

    Cheers! I uploaded the first timelapse on YouTube if you wanna see how it started out.

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • [CS:GO] DE_Stream (WIP)

    • 'RZL
    • June 25, 2017 at 9:47 PM
    Quote from blackdog

    2 hours ago, blackdog said: Oh! Is it Italy the country with most maps set in it? :D at least by density

    Haha yeah, but really, it's Italy's fault for being so damn sexy.

  • [CS:GO] DE_Stream (WIP)

    • 'RZL
    • June 25, 2017 at 5:36 PM

    Since I also intend to win the second place of the MapCore Mapping Contest I decided to share another project of mine. This is more of an experimental side project and not quite as far in development as DE_Radar is. All aspects of the map are still subject to change!

    Story The Terrorists want to blow stuff up, which is not very nice so the Counter-Terrorists try to stop them. Location is an ancient rock city in Italy with a neat looking stream next to it.

    Workshophttp://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=927658409

    Screenshots

    Spoiler A Site

    B Site

    B Long and Lower Mid

    T Path to upper Mid and A Site; sand as a placeholder for the stream

    Bus as placeholder for waterfall

    Revolutionary High Quality Overview

    ReferenceAncient Rock City of Matera in Italy

    Partner Still looking for an Environment Artist

    PS: I try to stream (heh...) and document my progress on this map on Twitch and YouTube every now and then. Follow me on there if you feel like it.

    Edit: For clarification, I'm not going to enter the contest since I'm one of the judges.

  • Am I able to change accuracy of weapons from within my map?

    • 'RZL
    • June 20, 2017 at 11:42 AM
    Quote from Terri

    2 hours ago, Terri said: // After playtesting (lol sure valve) we decided to remove accuracy penalties completely so you // can shoot in the air without counter-strafing.

    I love this line

  • [CS:GO] DE_Radar (WIP)

    • 'RZL
    • June 19, 2017 at 2:49 PM

    Wait, did I say that out loud?

  • Random Photo Thread

    • 'RZL
    • June 19, 2017 at 9:58 AM

    Some shots from my visit on Monte Tamaro. Great place stay for a day or two.

    [Blocked Image: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/312963650765717504/326137907398049792/DSC_0396.JPG]

    [Blocked Image: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/312963650765717504/326138452989050880/DSC_0401.JPG]

    [Blocked Image: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/312963650765717504/326139152829513728/DSC_0463.JPG]

  • [CS:GO] DE_Radar (WIP)

    • 'RZL
    • June 18, 2017 at 6:09 PM

    I finally decided to create a MapCore thread for one of the projects I'm currently working on. All aspects of the map are still subject to change!

    Story The European Space Agency (ESA) has decided to build a radio telescope in a natural sinkhole in the Tatra Mountains (Poland) to study the far ends of our universe. Terrorists try to stop the construction since they don’t want mankind to find out about the approaching reptilian overlords, who want to enslave us once and for all. //Any suggestions on how to word the story better?

    Workshophttp://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=895385879

    Screenshots

    Spoiler

    References Five hundred meter Aperture Spherical Telescope (FAST) in ChinaArecibo Observatory in Puerto Rico

    Partners@MaanMan (Level Design Assistance)@MrTwoVideoCards (Environment Art) (not yet confirmed)

    PS: I try to be more active on Twitter from now on so consider yourselves formally, aggressively accosted to follow me on there if you want to get regular updates on this and other projects: @RizzToTheIzzle

  • [CS:GO][WIP] de_yacht (demolition mode)

    • 'RZL
    • June 18, 2017 at 2:19 PM

    Well I for one like the night theme.

  • [WIP] de_canaveral

    • 'RZL
    • May 28, 2017 at 11:33 PM

    Hey, I moved your topic to the contest now. Happy mapping!

  • Random Photo Thread

    • 'RZL
    • May 28, 2017 at 3:16 PM

    I recently visited Naples and the Amalfi Coast for a few days, and it was pretty neat.

    View from Mount Vesuvius

    View from Amalfi

    View from Sorrento


    Bonus @Lizard Boye

    Spoiler

    I borrowed a Nikon D5100 from a friend for this and my next trip (Lugano in Switzerland). I'm pretty new at taking photos but do you guys maybe have any suggestions on how I could improve my shots?

  • [CS:GO] de_highlands (WIP)

    • 'RZL
    • May 26, 2017 at 9:55 AM

    I can feel that this map will be released any moment now. Aaaaany moment...

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • 'RZL
    • May 3, 2017 at 3:53 PM
    Quote from grapen

    26 minutes ago, grapen said: When I finally have some time to spare, the SDK gets bricked:|

    There is a workaround, but it doesn't solve everything. A bunch of things are not really working properly (Snap to grid is off, units do not get shown in the different views, there is no visual indicator when hovering over things that you can move, etc).

  • de_outferno final version

    • 'RZL
    • April 17, 2017 at 10:26 PM

    Weird issue, were you able to recreate it (recompiling the map and uploading it to the server and workshop)?

  • MapCore on social networks (LinkedIn, Twitter)

    • 'RZL
    • April 9, 2017 at 3:52 PM

    I just joined twitter as well! hmu babbies

    https://twitter.com/RizzToTheIzzle

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™