1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. DrywallDreams

Posts by DrywallDreams

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • DrywallDreams
    • September 16, 2015 at 1:32 AM

    reading..... reddit..... update is a.......... joke......................................................................................... sorry cant........................... stop.......................... typing like.................................. a csgo....................................................... 'pro'............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

    Really though, the changes are so welcome! I'm excited to play some and then regret interacting with CS randos!

  • Metal Gear Solid 5

    • DrywallDreams
    • September 4, 2015 at 8:35 AM

    Cable company still dropping the ball on my internet connection. Maybe I'll play the game by next year

  • Metal Gear Solid 5

    • DrywallDreams
    • September 1, 2015 at 6:46 AM

    Well, I don't have any internet on my desktop :/ Hopefully it can get fixed by tomorrow.

  • Metal Gear Solid 5

    • DrywallDreams
    • August 29, 2015 at 12:00 AM

    Why won't Konami let us pre-load? I'm going to be on questionable internet starting the day before it comes out :(

  • Rocket League

    • DrywallDreams
    • August 28, 2015 at 8:07 PM

    It's also worth pointing out that people who preordered Steam Links and Controllers get the game free now!

    If you haven't played the game yet, you are making a mistake, tbh

  • [WIP] DE_ARENA

    • DrywallDreams
    • August 27, 2015 at 11:15 AM

    Alright, I'm throwing my (metaphorical, it's sunny out) hat into the ring here!

    For a while I've been thinking of how I might redesign CS:GO, specifically Dust 2. I always thought that it was weird that something marketed as a "sport" nowadays was so related to violence ("it's a family show"). With Splatoon having come out, and Trackmania Turbo on the way, I was also very interested in bright, color filled visuals. So I thought to bring the map in the direction of a real sport (apparently in China, paintball and airsoft are often referred to as "Real life CS"!), and use skateparks, real airsoft and paintball arenas, and the aforementioned games as an inspiration.

    Then this contest was announced, and I did my best in sitting around all summer and staring at a blank hammer screen (okay I had the pipe at least) for a while every week. Then I finally thought of a good direction for the mid section to go with two weeks left, so I'm basically the best level designer ever. The rest of the map sort of followed and this map... happened, just like my best high school english papers. Hopefully in the next few days I can even hack together a pretty coherent layout!

    WORKSHOP:

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=507191979

    SCREENSHOTS:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/IKpyzik.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/sOpPMl4.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/DJEFn82.jpg]

    (Wow, I expected the game to have a LOT more billboard props, maybe a few extra skins?)

  • Metal Gear Solid 5

    • DrywallDreams
    • August 26, 2015 at 3:46 AM

    I'm guessing the font choice was probably because it was quickly localized from a Japanese version. Japanese trailers, and even games (for example, most HAL Labs games use it for main menus), use that font very often.

  • Zombi(U)

    • DrywallDreams
    • August 21, 2015 at 5:26 PM

    Is it just me, or did everyone completely change opinion on this game?! It started as "it's decent for a launch game" and "it's kind of awful," now it's "it was so good!" Is this a Dark Souls situation?

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • DrywallDreams
    • August 21, 2015 at 4:46 AM
    Quote from dux

    Nah rocket league aint my kinda game. 0 interest.

    i'm starting to think you just don't like games now :P

  • How do you decide on what to play?

    • DrywallDreams
    • August 19, 2015 at 9:51 AM
    Quote from Alf-Life

    I have a really weird ...quirk(?) where I will play average games that are short, over something that I know is crazily long.

    Because I get caught in the hype, am in the industry, and am a bit of collector I will typically still buy games I know I won't have time to play... just so I can have them. I now have a 1 year old son, but even before I had him, I would waste my time and 'put off' playing long games like say Zelda Skyward Sword all the while putting hours and hours into something like Team Fortress 2 that I could "dip" into.

    Right now, I have The Witcher 3 and Shadow of Mordor newly-bought still in their shrink-wrap, but because I know they're 100+ hour games I'm playing fucking Banjo-Tooie from the Rare Replay collection.

    Same here, I just hit 100% in OlliOlli 2, but I still have only played Witcher and Mordor once. Right now I'm finding myself getting a proper N64 setup for recording/streaming/using with my monitor instead of finally sitting down and playing some of the recent AAA releases.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • DrywallDreams
    • August 13, 2015 at 11:52 PM
    Quote from jackophant

    High refresh rate > excessive pixels

    Everything will look buttery smooth! I noticed the improvement straight away and loved how slick it was. You'll notice immediately going back to 60Hz and it will never feel the same. Even the mouse movements on your desktop will look tasty <3

    It's true! I now just move my cursor in circles constantly. It's just a shame that most games do not support 144hz.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • DrywallDreams
    • August 13, 2015 at 10:26 PM

    I got myself a BenQ xl2420z, as if that would make me better at CS

    [Blocked Image: http://img1.lesnumeriques.com/test/87/8713/XL2420Z_face.jpg]

  • Hammer- Can I learn anything from this part of the compile log?

    • DrywallDreams
    • August 8, 2015 at 8:02 PM

    I imagine you could use hint brushes to optimize better than VVIS, you're probably best off looking at the portal file in Hammer.

  • Mirrors Edge Catalyst

    • DrywallDreams
    • August 5, 2015 at 8:09 PM

    It's looking real good!

  • Windows 10 upgrade

    • DrywallDreams
    • August 2, 2015 at 2:05 AM

    Win10 is nice, apart from the fact that it doesn't install alongside Linux, and the whole "we collect info in an OS" idea. It's worth noting that I cannot find half of those settings, and I'm on the last preview build (RTM)

    Linux Mint is looking nice these days, too bad not everything supports Linux. Valve was trying to tell us something this whole time

  • Fighting games thread : SFV beta is back and works great!

    • DrywallDreams
    • August 1, 2015 at 6:13 AM

    Alright, then where do I start? Do any games actually teach a beginner how to get started well yet?

  • Fighting games thread : SFV beta is back and works great!

    • DrywallDreams
    • August 1, 2015 at 3:52 AM

    Yeah, that seems to be right, then what past that? Just experiment or no-life it and spend all my time on reddit?

  • Fighting games thread : SFV beta is back and works great!

    • DrywallDreams
    • July 31, 2015 at 4:59 PM
    Quote from AlexM

    Rising Thunder is actually built with that in mind. I think there's not even a concept of a fireball or joystick-button motion. Is that correct?

    yeah, there is just low/med/high and 3 specials. I'm wondering about actually stringing that stuff together, how do I even start figuring that out?

  • Fighting games thread : SFV beta is back and works great!

    • DrywallDreams
    • July 31, 2015 at 2:28 AM

    So I got into the Rising Thunder alpha, then once again realized that I'm awful at "real" fighters. Is there a good way of learning how to do combos and such/how to not be a babby?

  • Fighting games thread : SFV beta is back and works great!

    • DrywallDreams
    • July 27, 2015 at 3:25 AM
    Quote from Pampers

    I have zero experience with fighting games so excuse my ignorance, but why do they use controllers like that? looks real uncomfy and not ergonomically at all. Is it a traditional or nostalgia thing like people buying music on vinyl again?

    It's because most fighting games haven't evolved from the Street Fighter style, so you need 6x2 buttons (Low/Med/High kicks and punches) plus the stick uses switches so doing direction-based specials is really easy compared to a traditional playstation style analog stick or d-pad. That being said, gamecube controller is still the best fighter controller and no one can tell me different

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™