Hey, i made with my friend nicoreda something cool for the map, i hope you'll like it :
Posts by leplubodeslapin
-
-
Yes i have the same puddy, it doesn't work for now

-
Ok i made image feedback. As always, sorry for my english i'm not fluent in english at all.
For cs_mass :
http://img95.xooimage.com/files/e/4/6/20…003-3f3e820.jpg
http://img97.xooimage.com/files/4/6/9/20…004-3f3e826.jpg
http://img96.xooimage.com/files/3/1/0/20…005-3f3e828.jpg
http://img95.xooimage.com/files/e/3/b/20…006-3f3e830.jpg
http://img95.xooimage.com/files/8/b/f/20…007-3f3e82e.jpg
http://img98.xooimage.com/files/f/b/2/20…002-3f3e7fc.jpg
http://img95.xooimage.com/files/c/0/f/20…008-3f3e832.jpg
http://img96.xooimage.com/files/6/1/3/20…009-3f3e83a.jpg
http://img98.xooimage.com/files/1/a/9/20…010-3f3e83e.jpg
http://img99.xooimage.com/files/a/6/b/20…011-3f3e845.jpg
http://img96.xooimage.com/files/a/3/6/20…012-3f3e843.jpg
for de_venezia (is it the right name ?) :
http://img98.xooimage.com/files/2/8/4/20…013-3f3e8d7.jpg
http://img99.xooimage.com/files/8/5/7/20…014-3f3e8d0.jpg
http://img98.xooimage.com/files/f/2/7/20…015-3f3e8dd.jpg
http://img99.xooimage.com/files/3/4/1/20…016-3f3e8e5.jpg
http://img96.xooimage.com/files/a/5/8/20…017-3f3e8e9.jpg
http://img96.xooimage.com/files/9/b/0/20…018-3f3e8eb.jpg
http://img98.xooimage.com/files/4/b/0/20…020-3f3e8e7.jpg
http://img97.xooimage.com/files/b/5/3/20…022-3f3e8ed.jpg
All those are just advices make what you want of course !

-
I disagree with you, it's currently already playable, you just have to learn the map (it's the same for beginners to CS, it's hard to learn maps like nuke or inferno at the beginning).
[Blocked Image: http://img99.xooimage.com/files/3/3/b/2013-06-03_00001-3eaec16.png]
Red arrows are T paths
Blue points are CT example
Dust2 :
[Blocked Image: http://img97.xooimage.com/files/4/6/5/2ek36ep-3eaec18.png]
I don't think it's time for changes like the T spawn size and I think it's useless anyway. When you know the map, you know where you have to go and it's a great thing that you can get cover if you want to keep your weapon, no matters how many covers there are.
-
Thank you a lot for this reddit post

Indeed, i have posted the map on the workshop
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…212&searchtext=
I have made some small gameplay improvments and I am going to improve the atmosphere of ex-URSS sovietic place which is currently not in place at all.
-
That's nice, could we also play my map de_print ?
I have just uploaded it on the workshop and i made many gameplay changes, i would like to see how it works.
Can't wait to test the last version of ruin :3
-
Try to color the prop_static for something darker, maybe it can fix the horrible texture of this grass model.
Really nice mountain, love it too
-
No problem, that's really nice !

I am going to post it on the workshop soon, I just want to change few things in the gameplay of the map (I havejust started to work on it again this week, it won't take too much time).
Then, i'll make some updates for esthetic improvments after.
-
Why isn't there any answer to this topic ?
Trust me, i had the chance to play the whole campain (as a beta tester), this is definitely the best custom campaign i have ever played on L4D / L4D2.
I absolutely love this new trailer (link :
), not only because the level design is really beautiful and neat but also because i really like the fact that the trailer isn't in the standards of making a trailer (with explosions, high rythm, spoil and shits). I love the idea of a mix of abandoned ukraine places where people used to live but where nuclear events happened and the infection of virus of a L4D game.Really, i am glad you have finally done this great work and I hope people will love it as much as i did.External Content www.youtube.comContent embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy. -
Didn't even passed the top 10 selection ...
I really don't understand their selection, this might be rude to current remaining participants, but i thought my map was much better than some of those selected maps in terms of gameplay and esthetic (artistic and visibility). Really really disappointing, 3 months of hard work, i think they decided to make a quick decision when arrived the last maps during the last day (which would be totally unfair and awful).
-
Hi,
Deh0lise, I just answered you on (i think pictures will help the gameplay compression to visitors of the page because of your great feedback)
Thank you Puddy for your feedback too. I think most of my answers to Deh0lise will explain you why I think the map doesn't have too many routes.
I see what you mean by a "leak of terrorists" ahah

It's true that there are many routes but the map is also quite small and fast, you can call some fast back-up to help you to maintain your position.
Smoke grenade, flashbang and molotov are also really important in a CS map and should help you a lot to keep terrorists away. You can also cover the bombsite B from multiple positions for example :
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/xOlhzvW.jpg]
-
Hey,
Thank you for your feedback, it is really interesting and prove how much importance you give about the gameplay of the map and its esthetic (i'm glad at least someone saw that i tried to make cold exteriors and warm interiors
).As you said, the map is much more playable in a match because both 5 members of each team must play together, let me show you why :
Quote from Deh0liseIt is fun to play and there is a lot of action, but I felt too insecure as CT. In bombsite B I felt surrounded by Ts, they can come from two closed doors easily, without much risk, and if they take the one outside they can peak through a small window that gives them a big advantage. It was hard for me to predict where they would come from some times
In fact, this is how i expect the map to be played by CTs :
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/RCTZUSI.jpg]By playing this way, CTs are covering each areas and can make some back-up to help their teammates, while one guy can stay on the bombsite just in case (player 1 for site A and player 4 for site B and exterior).
The player 4 is in a rotating position, player 5 must tell him if people can pass in the exterior and he must help him by killing terrorists through the window. But by default, he must cover one of the 2 doors and player 3 covers the other one.
But i disagree with you on one point, I think it is much easier for CT to kill terrorists that are coming from the doors than a terrorist to kill a CT that is above him (like in the interior of nuke, it's really hard for terrorists to come and kill the CTs without losing 1 or 2 people).
Quote from Deh0liseBombsite A is also nice for Ts, there are two different routes (+vents), and I guess cover positions would be window and platform (or corridor), as there is not enough cover closer. For my taste CTs need another box to cover their legs, just like Ts in the long route (they've got a wooden box in the longest route and stairs). Window spot is nice to cover column route, but I'm not sure about how the CT there would handle vents + column attack, or even two vents.
You are right about the main cover positions but there are plenty others

[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Hv3C0Mm.jpg]If terrorists want to come from the vents, they must break the metal grate and this make a noise and can easily alert CTs about the position of terrorist(s) in vents. But yes, it's true that it makes the cover harder for CTs, that's the aim
Quote from Deh0liseI think a box (or metal plate) on platform fence, close to the upper metal red structure, might prove useful to control the first B door. I guess covering positions are one metal window, and two truck, one looking the door and the other one long B route.
Humm this looks pretty interesting, could you show it in an edit screenshot ? I'm sorry i don't really understand :x
Finally, thank you again for testing the map and leaving such a feedback

-
thanks that's nice. So which maps are going to be played ?
cs_agency (is this the right name puddy ?)
de_ruins
de_print
others ?
-
Hey,
I have finally done my map de_print for the CEVO-Gamebanana contest and I'd like to introduce it to you.
The map has been created during the 3 months of the contest, keeping in mind both gameplay and esthetic aspects. I've put a lot of work in it and it was really hard to do this for me but I'm glad it's finally done
Let's start with some screenshots :
[Blocked Image: http://img99.xooimage.com/files/d/2/a/1---copie-40797ce.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://img97.xooimage.com/files/5/1/4/2---copie-40797d6.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://img96.xooimage.com/files/5/e/9/3---copie-40797de.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://img96.xooimage.com/files/c/e/d/4---copie-40797e2.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://img99.xooimage.com/files/f/d/9/5---copie-40797ea.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://img96.xooimage.com/files/9/d/b/6---copie-40797ef.jpg]
And the radar :
[Blocked Image: http://img95.xooimage.com/files/1/5/7/7---copie-4079803.png]
The environment is an abandoned printing house, far from the city at the end of the winter.
Finally, I still have some things to improve (graphics in some area, add some things in the 3D skybox, fix few firing lines that are not appropriate to a Counter-strike map, add moving clouds shadows ...) but I think I'll do this later when I'll up the map on the Workshop (where it is easy to update your map for every users).
I hope you'll appreciate the map, go download it from Gamebanana !
http://csgo.gamebanana.com/maps/173673Thank you and have a good day !
-
I'll probably be there !
I have just added my map on gamebanana, if you want to test it during the evening too, don't hesitate to take it

-
-
Muuuuuuuuch better like this !
-
I think we are going to playtest my map later today. But ... don't expect too much from it please ^^' (especially because of gwalior which is definitely much more beautiful)
-
Quote from killertomato
if you want your map tested >>
Maybe later yeah

About the size of the map, indeed it's not really big and, as it is inspired by de_nuke, bomb sites are close. This is of course voluntary.
All timings are taken into account, like all competitive maps.
-
Quote from killertomato
I think it looks great
like the architecture very much!but did you by any chance postprocess those images? on full view the compression is pretty horrible tbh and on the first shot you can see the outlining of the skybox pretty clear.
No postprocess but yes shitty jpg quality, sorry

And I recently tried to do something on the skybox textures but it causes some bugs, there won't be any I just forgot to fix it. Glad you like it

Thanks PhilipK you're right, slopes need to be more smooth. I'll try to do this.
About the lighting in this room, I've made so much changes ... I really try to obtain something bright enough to allow terrorists to easily see the CTs but which looks also nice by helping the understanding of the room's geometry. I'm not fluent in english but I think you say it's successful, I'm glad you noticed it, thanks

Even if I said you on steam FMPONE, thank you, it means a lot ! Don't worry, i'll let you the first place
ahah