1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. kikette

Posts by kikette

  • totally random texture thread

    • kikette
    • March 23, 2013 at 11:33 PM

    Oh ! An other thing ; The transition between your peebles and your main stone is too smooth. I think you ought to add some straight sharp line with less smooth ondulation

  • totally random texture thread

    • kikette
    • March 23, 2013 at 7:18 PM

    You need to hide more your cavity map, it highlight edge on your texture wich isn't realistic. If you want to put a realistic highlight on your border, try to find a detail (scratch ? white stain ?) wich has the brightness you want to lighten or darken the part you want

    Nice diffuse btw

  • Bioshock Infinite (Spoiler free thread)

    • kikette
    • March 22, 2013 at 9:01 PM

    Maybe some crack will come to fix that =]]

  • [Team Fortress 2] koth_railbridge

    • kikette
    • March 22, 2013 at 7:19 AM

    The first screen definitly look like a skin of the very first one KotH snow map with less details. That's disapointing =s

  • Cp_Chateau

    • kikette
    • March 12, 2013 at 6:21 PM

    The visual is sooooo promizing ! I'm very curious !

  • Geoffrey Rosin - Environment artist / Texture artist

    • kikette
    • March 11, 2013 at 6:48 AM

    Thanks dude !

    Well.. not yet since I consider myself not ready for. I mean, I think I do not have enough project to pretend to have something really inovative in my workflow, but I wish this day to come =)

  • Geoffrey Rosin - Environment artist / Texture artist

    • kikette
    • March 10, 2013 at 9:00 AM

    Thanks guyz !

    Well, I think I can do something for the banner since everyone has the same opinion =) Thanks for the feedback !

    EDIT : Banner updated =)

  • Geoffrey Rosin - Environment artist / Texture artist

    • kikette
    • March 10, 2013 at 12:33 AM

    Hey guyz !

    I've already post a lot of things here but I never talked about my portfolio because... well.. it was pure student crap.

    But I think I fixed that and now I'm glad to share it here, with the community.

    http://geoffreyrosin.com/index.html

    Props, textures, etc. The content is quite classical and I already posted the major part of my work into this topic : . But that's not a problem since I made a retake of each presentation. Now, the texture are showed directly from the engine.

    Some of the topics still W.I.P. and I don't finished yet to complete 1 of them ("Cimmeria" to quote just this one).

    Anyway, thanks for looking ! (And sorry for the crappy english, it's late here ^^' )

    [Blocked Image: http://geoffreyrosin.com/img_sources/project/gnd/thumb/07s.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://geoffreyrosin.com/img_sources/project/cimmeria_props/thumb/00s.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://geoffreyrosin.com/img_sources/project/Rdm/thumb/01s.jpg]

    (Yeah, I f*cking love blue.)

  • totally random texture thread

    • kikette
    • February 20, 2013 at 6:38 PM

    I quite confused. It looks nice but also like any CG texture photo. Maybe you ought to add some interest point into your diffuse ? Some moss could add shapes and color to your rock.

  • totally random texture thread

    • kikette
    • February 14, 2013 at 1:21 PM

    Nice work dude ! I like the first one with the sharp cracks on.

  • CS_MUSEUM

    • kikette
    • February 14, 2013 at 9:19 AM

    Completly awesome ! I really love the great hall with the light pannel on the ceiling

  • The Swamp

    • kikette
    • February 12, 2013 at 3:31 PM

    Fantastic ! Thanks for sharing your tips =D

  • [2D] Texture work

    • kikette
    • February 11, 2013 at 9:57 PM

    Hi there ! Here's a new room specially made for the tutorial of our game. Enjoy !

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/6/c/4/ef640902aa581a5d0dc6496ce180e.jpg]

  • Magnificent short movies

    • kikette
    • January 31, 2013 at 5:17 PM
    Quote from Beck

    I do love the Disney shorts.

    They finally found a trick to keep the spirit of a drawing in a 3D rendering.. pure genius. This time, Disney teach something to pixar I think =]

  • Bioshock Infinite (Spoiler free thread)

    • kikette
    • January 28, 2013 at 8:23 PM

    I'm very curious to discover what weird and disgusting thing this bioshock reserve !

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • kikette
    • January 28, 2013 at 6:24 AM

    Completly awesome ! *_*

  • Zelda: Wind Waker HD

    • kikette
    • January 26, 2013 at 3:43 PM

    Evert => "Death tennis " was pretty nice but not as cool as the final fight in Wind waker =D

    I'm a bit sad that the very last fight in Twilight princess and Skyward are completly crap... the twilight one isn't bad because composed of multiple (and very impressive) part but all the final of Skyward... I'm not convinced =l

  • [2D] Texture work

    • kikette
    • January 26, 2013 at 12:45 PM

    Thanks all =) The is the first environment. A new one is coming ^^

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • kikette
    • January 25, 2013 at 7:52 PM

    Hmmmm ! Looks sexy dude ! Congratz !

    But the heigh of those crane isn't weird ? I mean, they can even touch the ceiling.

  • [2D] Texture work

    • kikette
    • January 25, 2013 at 4:31 PM

    It is hard to say =s I'm waiting to have more stuff to say something buy I'll probably make the change.

    Anyway, Here's the very first screen of our game =) You'll probably recongnize some of the texture I show here ^^

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/8/5/1/e8174d3b74e87f3e01232b81804fa.jpg]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™