1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. kikette

Posts by kikette

  • The Mapcore Open Source Initiative

    • kikette
    • March 30, 2014 at 9:34 PM

    Ah ah ! And what about sharing the .vmf ?

  • [CSGO] de_chateau

    • kikette
    • March 25, 2014 at 12:57 PM

    Ah ah... it makes me feel nostalgic.

  • DE_CROWN

    • kikette
    • March 20, 2014 at 7:55 AM

    Good job dude =)

    I guess it's hard for an American dude to imagine an European city.

  • totally random texture thread

    • kikette
    • March 19, 2014 at 1:02 PM

    Too generic imo . You should put more details into =)

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • kikette
    • March 16, 2014 at 7:33 PM

    I really enjoy the pit idea ! It makes the level looking different

  • Steppen's 2D botchery

    • kikette
    • March 14, 2014 at 8:05 PM

    Really awesome stuff. It's motivating to try painting too !

  • (cs:go) de_mist

    • kikette
    • March 10, 2014 at 7:36 AM

    Very gorgeous =D Congratz !

  • totally random texture thread

    • kikette
    • March 8, 2014 at 12:37 AM

    Hey there !

    Your texture is far too dark. It'll be a pain in ass to light a room with such a texture since it'll "drink" all bounces.

    Futhermore, for now, it looks more like a metal overlay put on a basic modelisation more than a real metallic texture. You need to add more details (seams between plates, screw, scratchs, etc) to make it more credible. The dark yellow splatter you put isn't appropriate at all too =s

    Try to study how shiny a metal could be according to its roughness, it could bring a lot into your work =)

  • South Park: The Stick of Truth

    • kikette
    • March 5, 2014 at 5:46 PM

    Ah ah, about the censored version, I learned that they put this image during censored moment :


    [Blocked Image: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/09/1393734078-censored-version-of-south-park-the-stick-of-truth.jpg]

  • MapCore Mini Texturing Challenge #01 | CS:GO Stickers

    • kikette
    • February 25, 2014 at 8:06 AM
    Quote from Squad

    Gave that a try, but didn't see a noticable difference. And I'd rather fix it in PS first, as the texture is currently 1024*1024. Want to scale it down to 512*512 when it's finished.


    Here's what it looks like in PS (300% zoom):

    Seems like you are having a noisy texture wich will be perforated by the alpha test wich also had few noise with smooth corner. I think you should expend the white edge to make it larger than your alpha (to avoid any padding problem) and then, smooth a little bit your alpha.

    [Blocked Image: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_usouUbAJKEs/StnaIvhAfwI/AAAAAAAAAJg/03lys86IDCo/s640/hair_alphaBlend.jpg]


    Btw, this isn't a real problem since you'll never have your noose one as the other said =)

  • MapCore Mini Texturing Challenge #01 | CS:GO Stickers

    • kikette
    • February 24, 2014 at 8:00 AM

    Argh, crap... if only I had time for. Btw, if I can help someone by giving some Ps tips, he's welcome ^^

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • kikette
    • February 16, 2014 at 8:23 PM

    Very impressive work Tartaros !

  • The random model thread!

    • kikette
    • February 14, 2014 at 4:53 PM

    Hmmm, on that kind of keyboard, key aren't this flat =)

    [Blocked Image: http://www.blackyouthproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/keyboard-keys-computer-close-up2.jpg]

  • Textures / Materials reference Thread

    • kikette
    • February 14, 2014 at 8:16 AM

    Nouvelle fournée !

  • Textures / Materials reference Thread

    • kikette
    • February 13, 2014 at 8:07 AM

    The very first red pipe is awesome *_* I love how the granularity disapear

  • Textures / Materials reference Thread

    • kikette
    • February 12, 2014 at 1:05 PM

    Yep ! For sure ! I'll rework my posts with epic awesome thumbnails later

  • Textures / Materials reference Thread

    • kikette
    • February 12, 2014 at 8:04 AM

    I think its my fault. I should upload smaller images =x

  • Textures / Materials reference Thread

    • kikette
    • February 12, 2014 at 7:05 AM

    New one =)


  • Textures / Materials reference Thread

    • kikette
    • February 9, 2014 at 6:02 PM

    Please, do =) I filtered no less thant 198 refs to share here ! Ironicaly, I noticed that when I work, sometimes I forgot that I've nice ref to do my job ^^

  • Textures / Materials reference Thread

    • kikette
    • February 9, 2014 at 5:53 PM

    Hello guyz !


    You'll certainly ask <<What's the difference between this topic and the "Reference Thread" ? >>

    Well, here the idea is to share personal photo of interesting looking material. It can be an Highlight on a wooden edge, a splatter on a plaster... everything you think is interesting and deserve interest. It isn't requiered but I think it could be nice to give some explanation of what you are posting when needed


    /!/!/!Please, use attachment feature/!/!/!/!/!/!/!Please, use attachment feature/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/! Please, use attachment feature

    Quote

    My recommendation would be that you guys use the attachment feature. It auto-generates thumbnails for everything which should make this kind of thread smoother. Just go ahead and upload the full-size versions when using the full reply screen, the attachment bit is just below the main editing area. You can even highlight a load of files and upload them at once.

    /!/!/!/!Please, use attachment feature/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!Please, use attachment feature/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!/!Please, use attachment feature


    Let's start ! I begin with a little mix of photos from my travel to Japan and France =)


    (Oh, and please, be kind with me, I have an old 6.3 mega pixel camera ^^' )


Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™