1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. kikette

Posts by kikette

  • The random model thread!

    • kikette
    • September 9, 2012 at 8:32 PM

    Yeah ! It really looks better =) Maybe you could try to subtly darken the wooden plate of your door, juste the middle part to push in these volumes.

    For me, this process is a lot of testing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it's crappy =x Maybe my suggestion will be crappy.

  • The random model thread!

    • kikette
    • September 9, 2012 at 7:36 PM

    It's not really a AO, but juste a simple "vertical directional light" that you bake in your texture. You can paint it directly in photoshop when it's enough simple (like your door).

    In general, gradient can also help to add more interest when you have large flat surface.

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/0/6/8/41f579fd40a7298089bd1a6e6b0f3tt.jpg]

  • The random model thread!

    • kikette
    • September 9, 2012 at 7:12 PM

    In my shot, the left side is your actual version and the left side is "my" version with a cheap lighting painted over.

    I"m not saying that adding a lighting in any texture is TeH base to work with but it can helps when you have an object wich will always be placed in an unique direction. I find it emphasis some shy details sometimes.

  • The random model thread!

    • kikette
    • September 9, 2012 at 6:07 PM

    I really like your frame shapes but maybe your texture should have a lighting pre backed, especially for your door ?

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/1/7/a/3d024a97f7d1fce79ea5d0de68a7ctt.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • kikette
    • September 9, 2012 at 5:42 PM

    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4055243/tr.jpg

    I really like this room =D

  • The random model thread!

    • kikette
    • September 9, 2012 at 3:51 PM

    Thanks all for your interest and the suggestions =)

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/6/c/8/4700180f7edb47e9dbea6e5f660e5.jpg]

    It's a bit complicated to fix the seam problem of the top border of my stairs since I didn't manage well the Uvs =x I had a bit less than a 512*1024 map to unwrap my mesh and I completly f*cked some part... I mapped 4 steps since I could make only 3 of them to gain some space. Now, I'm taking more attemption about that point because I tend to put unique detail non pertinent part =x

    But again, thanks for the advice =D It looks now so obvious !

  • The random model thread!

    • kikette
    • September 5, 2012 at 10:20 AM

    New object =)

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/1/e/b/796dde9978d5c54e0a958ade3f5a0tt.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/c/f/1/e31a5b94e9e6abd19a2213c8ad337tt.jpg]

    A little comparaison ; There is an other stair I made the previous years during holidays too.

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/c/4/5/b77c0b98d75ae65c0ced140db7cfatt.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • kikette
    • September 5, 2012 at 6:31 AM

    Nice =D

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • kikette
    • September 4, 2012 at 8:51 AM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    froyok: that looks awesome! Howcome it wasn't succesful?

    We are in the same school (HEAJ). And this school is very exigent with her student =x

  • The random model thread!

    • kikette
    • September 3, 2012 at 9:17 AM

    I completly agree with you but these color addition will come with some foliage props and texture variation by vertex color. I thought it was too early yet at this stage ^^

  • The random model thread!

    • kikette
    • September 2, 2012 at 10:23 PM

    Some new props !

    The lighting is a complete test. I do not have any light or windows ='(

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/0/1/9/4cc66d5b013487d942d7ffa2b0a0ctt.jpg]

    And a new generic mat'. I dunno What I will add on but for now, iit has a good smell.

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/f/c/2/4dc5d5770c9d9dfdf83cc70b3ea1dtt.jpg]

  • The random model thread!

    • kikette
    • September 1, 2012 at 9:16 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/1/1/d/2b58f4d7e8e88dd26da87ba03fb63.jpg]

    Hmmm.. it remind me something !

    [Blocked Image: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_TrXBRDgQciQ/S33bgN4r9eI/AAAAAAAAG2U/iMlhPy9QJL8/s400/taiko%2Bno%2Btatsujin.jpg]

  • ITT: Post maps/scenes that never saw the light of the day.

    • kikette
    • August 31, 2012 at 9:31 AM

    Love it !

  • The random model thread!

    • kikette
    • August 30, 2012 at 7:27 PM

    Huuuuuge awesome =D I love the reflect on the wood too ! What did you do ?

  • The random model thread!

    • kikette
    • August 28, 2012 at 8:04 PM

    I really like it too ^^

  • totally random texture thread

    • kikette
    • August 28, 2012 at 3:18 PM

    New version of an old stone texture \o/ Sculpted this time.

    Old one (photoshoped) :

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/7/a/4/7a5c92c92671477d3c8cbc708bd3dtt.jpg]

    New one (sculpted):

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/2/9/0/8c044aa765be023efd0be5b2f0251tt.jpg]

  • NS2_Veil by FMPONE

    • kikette
    • August 28, 2012 at 2:11 PM

    *_* Really nice lighting !

  • The random model thread!

    • kikette
    • August 28, 2012 at 1:06 AM

    No problem dude, I didn't take it like an attack I can understand that purist could find it completly weird. I did it that way because it's much more interesting to see that kind of detail.

    Anyway, I did other meshs for the bottom of my temple front.

    I only show the diffuse for the moment. I'm not really satisfied with the shader =s I tried to give it a wet look but that not that simple for me ^^'

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/b/4/8/8cf23494ad18023bbb704d4130b11tt.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/3/7/9/a0e0040fd06ce602e07d1bab34475tt.jpg]

  • The random model thread!

    • kikette
    • August 28, 2012 at 12:01 AM

    yeah... and this is really a problem ? ^^

    When you search corintian column in google, you find lot of column like that :

    [Blocked Image: http://0.tqn.com/d/architecture/1/0/j/y/Composite-Column.gif]

    Mine is inspired from this one :

    http://%7Boption%7D[Blocked Image: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm…hian_Column.jpg]

  • totally random texture thread

    • kikette
    • August 27, 2012 at 8:46 AM

    Nice metal ! But, I think there's too many bolt maybe ?

    My turn : Some textures made for an old project Half-life inspired (only albedo ) :

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/a/e/2/b764e2d3a3caf9d3ffb23bbf7efeftt.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/b/3/7/1d572427fd2aebdfefa8e94a6a3c5tt.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/5/d/3/7b93ea8a75d83777c989da8938edbtt.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/0/6/2/af0f9cf3fe528e5f71097416a8dabtt.jpg]

    and a small composition ;

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/6/d/2/022462b243df968ffbea87356318att.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/b/8/a/e9bc65be9acde4190bb7ab1c90d4ftt.jpg]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™