1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. kikette

Posts by kikette

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • kikette
    • January 9, 2013 at 11:38 PM

    WOW §! Portal 2.5 !

  • [2D] Texture work

    • kikette
    • January 9, 2013 at 1:23 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/7/d/0/442e0605cc2f48b77aff95acc3bb4.jpg]

    A new texture for some chamber. This will be multi-versioned (clean, dirt, etc etc)

  • [2D] Texture work

    • kikette
    • January 8, 2013 at 3:45 PM

    Hey guyz ! Some new props for the school project. Can't wait to show more things rendered in the engine =)

    As usual, these objects are studied to be saw from a "far" distance.

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/f/e/3/84149dcc912cde4e315a427e00c37.jpg]

  • [2D] Texture work

    • kikette
    • January 4, 2013 at 8:01 PM

    I think that I was too focused in a Show case optic for my previous textures ; My scene, my needs.

    Thanks a lot for all these advices =) It's very instructive

  • [2D] Texture work

    • kikette
    • January 4, 2013 at 7:18 PM

    In my case, I think the lighting of my "show scene" should be improved because my diffuse aren't very dark in fact and I completly agree about all that luminance concern.

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/f/d/e/9839c166acf22e812e8e5ea5052f9.jpg]

  • [2D] Texture work

    • kikette
    • January 4, 2013 at 6:41 PM

    New textures for my school project ! Here's a lath wall and an other one ornemented and composed of wooden plate

    As usual this project, I do not use normal map

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/d/f/d/cbb32d7c084d6c895297fc9eb6437.jpg]

    And the diffuse

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/8/2/3/b5428396b30f3e8c883dfefb5978e.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/5/7/d/166ddf38f98404ab8ab8c66f1969d.jpg]

  • [Piñata] Student Unity project

    • kikette
    • January 4, 2013 at 12:28 PM

    Hey guyz ! Good luck with your project =) As I said to one of your teammate, I think that your project has great chance to be concretized in time. Can't wait to see more o/

  • The random model thread!

    • kikette
    • January 3, 2013 at 8:54 PM

    I really love this design. A already saw some Sculpted Maya calendar, but this one isn't full of shitty noisy detail and have realy nice volume. This is a really nice job *_*

  • totally random texture thread

    • kikette
    • January 2, 2013 at 5:44 PM

    Looks nice ! But under the snow, does the pepples aren't supposed to be wet (darker in that case because you can't use spec you said) ?

  • The froyok's tech store

    • kikette
    • December 25, 2012 at 8:11 AM

    Hey froyoc !

    When will you include the edge walking ? I like all these 3ds max inspired stuff. It's a good way to move to Maya definitivly when you love 3ds max feeling.

  • [2D] Texture work

    • kikette
    • December 22, 2012 at 9:03 PM

    That's an interesting point you are talking about ; My colleagues and myself have our proper style and I wonder if it is really pertinent ; In a way, CG.com propose you Ready to Use stuff and I think it's a good point to have different style... but in an other hand, maybe that we ought to make more generic things, more realistic to be sure that it could easily usable as a base (or other) as you say. I'll take more care of that for the next one thanks =)

  • [2D] Texture work

    • kikette
    • December 22, 2012 at 7:00 AM
    Quote from FMPONE

    My only CC would be that the wood is maybe not as realistic as it could be, but it might not be your intent to make it so.

    Some things I notice are a lack of self shadowing on the vertical beams, not much granular details, and a bit too much shine.

    I completly agree.

    In fact, I'm searching a way to render something realistic without the noise of a photo and I think that "polished" look could be problematic in certain case, such organic stuff ='(

    For the shiny look, this is my fault because I played with the shader in UDK ^^'

    Thanks for your attention =)

  • [2D] Texture work

    • kikette
    • December 21, 2012 at 10:02 PM
    Quote from PogoP

    I miss doing non-metallic stuff!

    Thanks dude =) Personaly, I'm not yet confortable with this kind of texture... and organic things, etc.... brrrr ! It takes me a very long time to do something interesting.

  • [2D] Texture work

    • kikette
    • December 21, 2012 at 9:22 PM

    Some new stuff =)

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/e/f/2/2da97bde6bc3ed99693857018e6ec.jpg]

  • [2D] Texture work

    • kikette
    • December 12, 2012 at 7:30 PM
    Quote from ng.aniki

    Looks really nice ! Proportions looks a bit off when I compare your silhouette and the door.

    You are totally right but I adapted it to our gameplay =) The closed version is better proportioned but for the "open" one I made it bigger to make the navigation easier through since It is a 3rd person camera

  • [2D] Texture work

    • kikette
    • December 12, 2012 at 4:58 PM

    Thanks all ! When I'll have more stuff, you'll see that I took my proper artistical way

  • The random model thread!

    • kikette
    • December 12, 2012 at 4:32 PM

    Some new stuff o/

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/2/e/0/22a1abeb4592bb133cfe390b81664tt.jpg]

    I've to fix that ugly transition on the bottom of my wall =s

  • [2D] Texture work

    • kikette
    • December 12, 2012 at 4:09 PM

    Hey guyz =) Here's some stuff I made for my school project. The next update will certainly be lighted in Unity ^^

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/6/6/8/3e1dd780f8f28fd00b715430b598c.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/2/e/0/22a1abeb4592bb133cfe390b81664.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/a/4/7/7b67386e0274e31285695fff921ba.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • kikette
    • December 12, 2012 at 6:42 AM

    The falling floor moment looks fun ^^

  • totally random texture thread

    • kikette
    • December 3, 2012 at 10:48 PM

    Nice for a first try but I think that your metal looks a bit too "cloody". Maybe you ought to put some sharp to your variation transition ?

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™