1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Tyker

Posts by Tyker

  • [WIP] de_meat [Looking for gameplay feedback]

    • Tyker
    • November 20, 2015 at 8:51 PM

    Aaaah, I see that's de_aztec_d, a decompiled version. I was using the regular vmf file in the CSGO files. I'll decompile the latest version and take a look there, thanks!

    Edit: I checked it out, and there aren't any differences in settings. No input or output either. Still no clue why the particles appear and disappear randomly for random players between rounds.

  • [WIP] de_meat [Looking for gameplay feedback]

    • Tyker
    • November 20, 2015 at 8:39 PM
    Quote from will2k

    Check de_aztec and compare the behavior of this particle. If it does the same then it could be that the particle has a life span and does not emit indefinitely.

    I checked the de_aztec_main.vmf in the CSGO files, but I couldn't find any trace of an "info_particle_system". Weird. Maybe Valve discontinued the use of this particle?

    And no, as said before it has nothing to do with a lifespan or settings, as the particles appear for some players and do not appear for others.

  • [WIP] de_meat [Looking for gameplay feedback]

    • Tyker
    • November 19, 2015 at 10:17 PM

    So I am having issues with the 'fog' on A site:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/FimRm6n.jpg]

    It is a particle system with "aztec_fog_volume" attached. It works fine everytime I try it out solo, but during multiplayer the particles either appear or not appear randomly for players. This can change inbetween rounds, as suddenly other players can see them and others cannot. I have no idea what's going on here! Does anyone know why this might happen?

    There is no timer or trigger attached to the particles, they just always emit. The CSGO settings I use are allways the same, and even for me they appear or disappear randomly between rounds , so the settings are not an issue either.
    I have not seen this problem in other maps, but then again most do not use these kinds of particles. Does anyone know how I could fix this?

  • Complex

    • Tyker
    • November 19, 2015 at 10:04 PM

    Haha, time for feedback!

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Y1kHj8j.jpg]

    The red parts aren't walkable, but the green parts are. This is a bit confusing. I'd suggest either have them all walkable or none of them

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/45BqVpO.jpg]

    This dead end is a bit confusing. If you want this to be used, you could add a ladder. Otherwise you may end up better just deleting this dead end.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/4ARG76M.jpg]

    In most maps you can open these, sit inside, and then surprise opponents. In this map, you cannot even open them. That's fine, but then place something infront of them so it visually suggest they cannot be used.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/QiIZEOE.jpg]

    You haven't detailed much yet, but this still looked weird enough for me to screenshot it.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/dFRV9am.jpg]

    This elevator needs to go! Replace it with a wood wall or something bangable, but not visible. If you notice that red arrow, it's pointing towards a CTs head. It's just a bit of a mess to aim and shoot past. More fiddly than fun.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/2kdFwhA.jpg]

    Maybe you could add an outside building here to allow for smokes. This gives T side a bit more advantage, because currently...

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/WaBWo82.jpg]

    ...it looks mostly like this.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Jm1tqNu.jpg]

    The bomb can get stuck up there, it's circled. Also, this is another dead end that doesn't necessarily have to be there.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/JT9C9hM.jpg]

    The players can't see this, but I think the bomb can get stuck there. Maybe move the wall up a bit instead?

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/NFcKFhv.jpg]

    This 'house-in-a-shipping-container' is neat, but in real life these would at least have some windows. This could also help making the map feel more like a whole. This is completely not gameplay related.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/5RHrKWB.jpg]

    Same goes here. Not gameplay related, just to give the map some more identity

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/LR3dE5b.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/hVo6z7b.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/W53WT8N.jpg]

    Why does this red route exist? The green one is faster anyway, and this red one is zig-zagging all over the place, which is annoying to walk through.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/yQ0YfwG.jpg]

    Smoothing things would make it look better

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/dmEfudZ.jpg]

    You could make these 2 hallways into a room, and then add cover with boxes or other things, which I indicated in green here. This could help make the level feel less hallway-y

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/0O2WDJZ.jpg]

    This spot can give the T side kind of a 'gotcha' feeling. As a CT, you would have to run all the way over and check it, otherwise you might get backstabbed. If that is your gameplay idea, cool! If not, maybe make it so players cannot 100% hide here, but are visible even a little bit.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Ub6Y0Ul.jpg]

    I really liked fighting here. Good grenade possibilities, it feels not like a hallway (even though it technically is), and the grates and fences make for fun shooting.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/KVu3MWA.jpg]

    I love seeing the crane all the way from the other site. It really gives the map a shape of identity and feel. It just looks cool!

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/vAcRqSt.jpg]

    Add cubemaps for the next playtest! It's super fast to make them anyway, so it can't hurt, and every reflective surface in the map will look better for it!

    That's it for now. Remember my feedback is my opinion! You can disregard all of it if you want to, just use what you think can help your vision of the map.

  • [WIP] de_meat [Looking for gameplay feedback]

    • Tyker
    • November 14, 2015 at 10:45 PM

    It is a particle system with "aztec_fog_volume" attached. To check out the particles in hammer you'll have to retrieve them from the .vpk files and put them in your CSGO directory.


    In other news: I've updated the map on the workshop for those who would like to take a look in-game, and play it! There will also be a mapcore playtest of this map on the 19th!

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/HKhYwX5.jpg]

    Quote

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/zwsAFPZ.png]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Y07dJgW.png]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/dtNvWf3.png]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Z8DDfop.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/GOogdUQ.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/C9uhlcw.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/JPc6qkw.png]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/VzIrLIj.png]

    Display More


    I've also added to the swinging meat, that is the prop_physics_multiplayer, a server side flag. This would hopefully alleviate any hit/miss discrepancies when it comes to gunfire.

    And last, but not least, I've added a text description on the workshop, for those who like to read about the lore of the map: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=481597483

  • [WIP] de_meat [Looking for gameplay feedback]

    • Tyker
    • November 14, 2015 at 5:24 PM

    A site felt a little bland. I'm doing some updates on it:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/y1f0MOA.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/NvvNnGp.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/lc8To5m.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Q7QjSpq.jpg]

    Though it may have gone from 'too bland' to 'too dramatic'. I'm not too sure about this change.

    The layout is final, depending on the mapcore playtest. If that goes well, I'll ship this map and start something new.

  • [WIP] de_meat [Looking for gameplay feedback]

    • Tyker
    • November 10, 2015 at 9:47 PM

    Thanks to Marnamai and Squad for helping out! My meat is swinging now!

  • [WIP] de_meat [Looking for gameplay feedback]

    • Tyker
    • October 27, 2015 at 2:46 PM

    There is one more thing I'm currently working on adding, before moving on to an other map:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/GydelET.jpg]
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/gZ457SS.jpg]
    I'm using a prop_physics_multiplayer for the carcass and phys_ballsocket at the top so that if you shoot it, or it's near explosions, it will swing!

    Sadly though it swings a bit too much, and modifying the weight doesn't seem to change this. It can start rotating incredibly fast too. I'm not sure if it's possible to lock an axis with phys_ballsocket, so I'll have to add some kind of hook model at the top that can swing 360 degrees without clipping weirdly.

    I still want to ship this with swinging meat, but if I can't fix these issues I'll just let them stay put.

  • [CS:GO] Incursion (formerly 'de_docks')

    • Tyker
    • September 18, 2015 at 11:51 PM

    I noticed you're trying to make those plastic flaps for some doorways!
    I'm also trying to make those. First I used brushes, which work very well but look very ugly, then a model with jiggly bones but getting collision to work so they actually move out of the way of the player seems impossible.

    Do you have any idea how you will pursue those flaps? Or will you just have them in a static way so that don't move when walking through them?

  • [WIP] de_meat [Looking for gameplay feedback]

    • Tyker
    • September 18, 2015 at 1:40 PM

    Thanks! I'll see if I can include those models in the next version, and see how they look in-game!

    Currently on the workshop is version b7, and I'm working on b8. b7 is fully optimized, and the map now runs at a minimum of 145 FPS in all areas on my machine! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=481597483
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/SS3JQGH.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/DcxlF1z.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/ve3LsDn.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/YINZFgd.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/pHNQ3xv.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/t7J5BQf.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/QUPIxVK.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/b05909v.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/FimRm6n.jpg]
    These screenshots are from areas that I feel a bit insecure about on whether they look nice. What do you think?

  • [WIP] de_meat [Looking for gameplay feedback]

    • Tyker
    • September 11, 2015 at 10:02 PM

    Lots of stuff changed! Would love to know harsh and critical opinions if you have them!

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/y8JOsq1.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/UMaNOkt.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/RkNYiLX.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/2f6uFBJ.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/98i6BBQ.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/dhPSpm3.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/iDdfOeW.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/IDiXSx4.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/IRPlROu.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/e22Vmgs.png]

  • [WIP] de_meat [Looking for gameplay feedback]

    • Tyker
    • September 8, 2015 at 9:47 PM

    (I hope Mapcore can handle webm's)

    Finally found a way to have fog in the freezer without massive framerate drops! net_graph shows no big hits, although we haven't tested it in multiplayer yet. Gameplay wise it may add some cool ways to hide, but then again it might also be too annoying to play with? Once the map is ready for a playtest, we hope to find out!

  • [WIP] de_meat [Looking for gameplay feedback]

    • Tyker
    • September 5, 2015 at 7:03 PM

    I think the thread automatically got moved from the contest section to the 3D section?

    When we submitted this map for the contest it was in its b2 stage. We're still working into the rc stage before moving on to something else. Currently we are implementing the feedback in this thread (such as de-noising mid, texturing the mid -> B connector differently, and heightening the roof in mid), mostly for visual reasons because the gameplay is solid.

    One last thing:
    If you are an artist who thinks they can model a hanging dead cow (either whole, or split in two) that fits the CSGO artstyle: Hit me up!

  • [WIP] de_meat [Looking for gameplay feedback]

    • Tyker
    • September 3, 2015 at 4:28 PM
    Quote from grapen

    I haven't tried this myself, but my best guess would be to remove the specific lines from this file and pack it into your bsp, just like you would do with soundscape scripts: ..\steam\steamapps\common\counter-strike global offensive\csgo\scripts\game_sounds_anarchist.txt

    Doesn't that then also override the file for any maps played afterwards until the game is restarted? I remember that being a problem when I made maps for TF2. Is that still an issue now?

  • [WIP] de_meat [Looking for gameplay feedback]

    • Tyker
    • September 3, 2015 at 2:25 PM

    And de_marquis also never seemed to have a problem with it, so there has to be some way to remove the hostage voice lines, right?

  • [WIP] de_meat [Looking for gameplay feedback]

    • Tyker
    • September 3, 2015 at 1:19 AM
    Quote from Vaya

    you might be able to specify in the kv file what voices you want to use.

    I cannot find any information about that when searching around. Do you have any more information or was that a guess?

  • [WIP] de_meat [Looking for gameplay feedback]

    • Tyker
    • September 2, 2015 at 2:51 PM

    Thanks Bodd! Depending on the timing of the contest we might be able to adapt those hooks!

    Quote from laminutederire

    Edit: I forgot to mention it, but for some reason bots were talking about hostages at the beginning of each round, which is odd for a defuse map!

    I forgot to mention this earlier: I have no idea why that is the case. There are no hostage entities around, and yet the anarchists talk about hostages anyway. No other T team seems to do that, but they do. If anyone knows why that happens or how to solve it, please let me know!

  • [WIP] de_meat [Looking for gameplay feedback]

    • Tyker
    • September 1, 2015 at 1:49 PM
    Quote from laminutederire

    As promised, here are my thoughts:

    To begin with, the most important thing to fix in my opinion is the bomb plant on the truck at B, it give a major disadvantage for retakes which would be game breaking in my opinion. I guess this should have already been discussed, so I think it is intentional on your part, and I don't like it!

    Second thing that bugged me is the fact that mid felt to me as a bit messy visually, but I could get used to it!

    To make a transition, A is a bit complex, the CT part has some paths that need to be simplified. I'm thinking of the tight corridor connecting CT spawn to the upper CT mid area, it could easily be removed to allow more space on the site surroundings. However, some might say that it isn't good, because too complex, I'd say that I like it, there are a few interesting ways to play it, and that's what the game is all about.

    I like the fact that areas have different styles, which help orientation, to perfect this, I'd rework the only redundancy which is the looks of A long and the connector to upper B. The easiest way would be to retexture the part of the connector which isn't very large and shouldn't require a lot of work.

    Finally, this map offers some kind of variety of playstyles, which is great. Good work!


    PS: toilet texture is weird

    Edit: I forgot to mention it, but for some reason bots were talking about hostages at the beginning of each round, which is odd for a defuse map!

    Display More

    Thanks for the feedback!

    With the bomb plant on truck B, do you mean inside the truck or on top of the truck? We haven't ever had someone plant on top of the truck so that would explain why we never caught that problem.

    Yes, the connector to upper B and A long look the same. We did this to make the player understand they are in a transition area, but I like your point of it being repetitive.

    With the weird toilet texture, do you mean the walls, the model or both?

    I can't fix anything right now because the contest deadline is done, but when the contest is over I can fix this stuff you mentioned!

    Quote from Bodd Jonar

    I work in a slaughterhouse, so this was a fun theme :D Even tho it doesn't look like a real slaughterhouse, I guess you either choose gameplay over a realistic look or you don't work in one, but I still love the theme. I can't really tell what type of animal is being slaughtered in there, by the height of the building I would guess pig or lamb (the roof would need to be 5-6m tall to slaughter cow), but then the crooks don't seem to fit. And who leaves blood on the floor after the production has ended for the day? :mad: If there is gonna be blood, there should also be blood on the walls, because the blood gets all over the place, this is the cleanest slaughterhouse I have ever seen. :lol:

    I could talk for hours about this, but I understand that even what you have done is impressive, modeling alone to make a realistic slaughterhouse would take thousands of hours, and getting that gritty look of a real slaughterhouse is not possible with the source engine.


    I would love for there to be dead animals somewhere, but I guess such a map would be short lived.

    Sorry for being a smartass, as I said, I love the theme.

    Yes, we chose gameplay over realism in a lot of areas! We did read up about slaughterhouses when planning the map, and a big inspiration was this image, but of course that is so much equipment that mid would become much too large and cluttered for a CSGO map!

    The blood would indeed be cleaned up, but we used it for gameplay purposes to guide the player a long with the red line on the meathook rails. Also, it breaks up the white colour scheme very nicely. The reason why we do not have actual dead animals is: We don't know whether that is allowed on the workshop. Dead chickens are in the files, but a split open cow might be over the limit? I don't want to be in risk of getting removed or banned!

    I never read about the 5-6m roof rule for cattle, even though we did read through slaugthterhouse rules, plans and saw documentaries. We also really wanted to include the Temple Grandin cattle chutes but those things are way too big for a CSGO map! Considering we intended the map to be in a cattle slaughterhouse, I would love to know more if you could tell me why that 5-6m roof rule exists!

  • [WIP] de_meat [Looking for gameplay feedback]

    • Tyker
    • August 31, 2015 at 11:18 PM

    Today I spent learning how to do smoothing for source demos. Here's a flythrough of de_meat!

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • [WIP] de_meat [Looking for gameplay feedback]

    • Tyker
    • August 31, 2015 at 12:29 AM

    Hey everyone!

    After lurking for 4 years it's time to post my first CSGO map on mapcore!

    Me and Codename 22 present you: de_meat. A bomb defuse map placed in an American slaughterhouse.

    The Anarchists want to destroy the slaughterhouse and cripple the production of meat.
    The T's can either blow up the shipping trucks where the meat is sent off, or they can blow up a freezer in the cellar to collapse the entire building.
    The CT's of course try everything to prevent this.

    The screenshots below are VERY OLD INDEED! For updated screenshots, check the last posts in this thread or the workshop link above!

    Screenshots:

    T Spawn

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/hf7kXx5.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Q8KIgvx.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/BidR1yC.jpg]

    A Site

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/r9MwAuQ.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/WUJTfXo.jpg]

    B Site

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/9mzPaHU.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/UuIoy74.jpg]

    Mid

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/uPmvFGA.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/GEHbAwH.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/DML7OUs.jpg]

    Connector

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Y0kysVB.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/UuQFTma.jpg]

    CT Spawn

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/U9Bsrdj.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/1cfOsxe.jpg]

    Overview

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Fj5jn1Q.png]

    Overview with callouts

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/vC7lDwD.png]


    Workshop:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=481597483

    We've made this map in 2 months, specifically because of the contest, and it was our first big collaboration on a map! We both developed the design and worked on the set dressing. This was a very good experience which we both learned a lot from. In the future we might make a video of all the iterations which the map went through (a lot!) so you guys can get an insight into the process we went through.

    It has been playtested with a variety of skills, from silver 3 to global elite, and everything in between! The balance seems to be about 45% CT 55% T. If you are planning on playing the map, or have played it, we would love to hear from you and get a demo to view!

    Enjoy!

    Full Credits:
    Storm (Robin-Yann Storm) - Leveldesign + Setdressing
    Codename 22 (Arie Gijsenbergh) - Leveldesign + Setdressing
    Miss Stabby (Rachel van der Meer) - Skinningmachine model + texture
    Ian van der Mijn - Meathookrailing model
    Senzo van Gastel - Hozers model + Meatcart model + Toiletdividers model
    Emily Cheung - Model Texture for Hozer + Meatcart + Toiletdividers + Meathookrailing

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™