1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Bunglo

Posts by Bunglo

  • The random model thread!

    • Bunglo
    • June 13, 2010 at 11:07 PM

    Those are actually Birch trees that I made a while ago. They're based on real world approximations though and it was meant to be the largest of all the Birch models.

    It could be the editor making it look a bit large or the scaling on the vegetation tool made it a bit too big.

    Think I might redo the grass though, going to aim at something more along the lines of Hell's Highway:

    [Blocked Image: http://ucables.com/img/extra/BROTHERS-IN-ARMS-HELL-R70537-3.jpg]

  • Fallout 3 50% off STEAM.

    • Bunglo
    • June 12, 2010 at 5:44 AM

    Yeah, I just bought it

    Downloading now, I figured I'd buy it eventually, GFWL can't be that bad as it's really only used for online play for this game... I hope.

  • Fallout 3 50% off STEAM.

    • Bunglo
    • June 12, 2010 at 4:15 AM
    Quote from SpicyTanuki

    EDIT : Crap I didnt realize it has GFWL. How bad is GFWL? It's not gonna be a process that's always running is it?

    I don't think it's always running but from what I'm reading, the GOTY edition isn't too bad because you only have to deal with GFWL a few times.

    Please let me know if it's giving you any trouble, I'm still really interesting in buying the game.

  • The random model thread!

    • Bunglo
    • June 12, 2010 at 4:11 AM

    Some grass I'm working on for a project. Still not happy with it but it's getting there.

    [Blocked Image: http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o157/bunglo/grass_06.jpg]

  • Fallout 3 50% off STEAM.

    • Bunglo
    • June 11, 2010 at 4:12 AM

    Hey everyone, just thought I'd give a heads up that Steam is doing a sale for some Bethesda games, including Fallout 3 GOTY Ed.

    I've been mauling over if I should purchase it or not since Christmas but I was always waiting for a good sale to slash the price down a bit. Now that it's only $25, I'd purchase it in a second, my only problem is it includes GFWL I'm against most forms of DRM or similar software, but as long as it stays the hell out of my way and I have control over it, I accept it. Like with securom for bad company 2.

    For those who have this edition from Steam, is GFWL a big pain in the ass, or should I stop being a whiny b**ch and buy the game already?

    DAAANKS!

  • Levels and some Vegetation models

    • Bunglo
    • June 8, 2010 at 11:05 PM

    Looking very nice, Rex. One suggestion I would make is, as long as it doesn't add too much to the tri-count, to use actual models as the cut off branches near the bottom of the trunk. Just a 4-sided cube rotated correctly will work.

    Once you reach a certain height on the tree, using planes like you've been doing would do the trick.

  • Bunglo's Book of Textures

    • Bunglo
    • June 7, 2010 at 11:58 PM

    Thanks for the reply, Chris!

    Good point on the darker bricks, once I make further progress on it I'll be able to see what I need to add/take away to make the tiling less noticeable. I was also planning for this to be used in an isometric RPG type environment, so I might be able to get away with repeating elements that I feel add more to the texture.

  • Bunglo's Book of Textures

    • Bunglo
    • June 7, 2010 at 2:29 AM

    Hey everyone! I just discovered mapcore and am really surprised that I've never come across it until now. Just looking around for a few minutes I see respected names that are known within the industry.

    In any case, I figured I'd dump all my 2d crap here and to start, here's a stylized texture I've started on that aims to recreate the art direction of Torchlight.

    This is my first attempt at creating a texture that isn't photo-sourced so there's plenty of room for improvement. I'm using one of the crypt wall textures from the game as a reference. Currently a few hours into it, here she is:

    [Blocked Image: http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o157/bunglo/crypt_wall.png]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™