1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. deceiver

Posts by deceiver

  • Deus Ex 3

    • deceiver
    • August 25, 2011 at 7:09 PM

    I'm hooked. I'm loving it to bits.

    This may very well dethrone hl2 for best game I've played...

  • Deus Ex 3

    • deceiver
    • August 24, 2011 at 12:04 AM

    Really glad it's doing and it's hella fun! Should do Eidos Montreal a lot of good .

  • Deus Ex 3

    • deceiver
    • August 19, 2011 at 9:46 PM
    Quote from Jake Gilla

    Ditto

    Note: If you pre-ordered from Green Man Gaming you should have, or will be getting you code soon.

    Yup! Got it today, all pre-loaded and ready for Tuesday, aww yiai!

  • Uncharted 3

    • deceiver
    • August 18, 2011 at 8:41 PM
    Quote from PogoP

    Wow guys, I was kidding!!!! Come on... It's kinda my thing recently. I don't know why I don't wanna be one of those guys that ya'll hate now, so I'm gonna keep my mouth shut

    You said the same thing seriously in the Crysis 2 thread so it was kinda hard not to take you seriously here . But good thing you were kidding .

  • MapCore Job Census

    • deceiver
    • August 18, 2011 at 2:17 PM
    Quote from Patrick_H

    Yes, I did indeed get axed by THQ. In the middle of a job search now.Avalanche Studios announced a new studio here in NYC, but it sounds like they won't hire anyone besides senior staff until sometime next year. Its not exactly easy to hang around NY without a job. More details to come...

    I think we might still be looking for LDs here at Ubisoft Toronto, want me to check with HR?

  • Mass Effect 3

    • deceiver
    • August 18, 2011 at 2:01 PM

    What spoilers? It was just combat .

  • Battlefield 3

    • deceiver
    • August 18, 2011 at 11:36 AM
    Quote from Chimeray

    That is ridiculous. Have you ever read a ToS or EULA before? That's standard practise for MMO's and the like to cover themselves in incase you violate their terms and they have to delete/ban your account. Just so they don't have unwanted lawsuits. Not to be the bad guys.

    Just look at Steam:

    ...Valve hereby grants, and you accept, a limited, terminable, non-exclusive license and right to use the Software for your personal use in accordance with this Agreement and the Subscription Terms...

    Quote

    ...Valve may terminate your Account or a particular Subscription for any conduct or activity that Valve believes is illegal, constitutes a Cheat, or which otherwise negatively affects the enjoyment of Steam by other Subscribers. You acknowledge that Valve is not required to provide you notice before terminating your Subscriptions(s) and/or Account, but it may choose to do so...

    And yes, I might be biased but the heck... That's overreacting right there.

    The 2 year thing might be a bit weird, but it's doubtful they'll enforce it.

    Seriously. People are just finding reasons to nitpick and hate on Origin. They also used to have a thing where they said you wouldn't be able to re-download your game after a year unless you got download protection, but I never got that and doesn't seem like it was ever enforced and I could download my games fine from EA Download Manager (back when it was called that). That's all gone now since Origin though.

  • Uncharted 3

    • deceiver
    • August 18, 2011 at 11:31 AM

    ^^^

  • Battlefield 3

    • deceiver
    • August 18, 2011 at 2:06 AM
    Quote from Izuno

    that is approaching "TAKE MY MONEYS" just sick looking

    Approaching?? ;P

  • Uncharted 3

    • deceiver
    • August 17, 2011 at 8:49 PM

    Where's my green sand!? amirite?

  • Deus Ex 3

    • deceiver
    • August 13, 2011 at 3:51 PM

    Odd. On Amazon Canada, we've got it.

  • Deus Ex 3

    • deceiver
    • August 12, 2011 at 7:50 PM

    11 days. Can't wait man .

  • some contract work: RIFT

    • deceiver
    • August 12, 2011 at 4:55 AM

    Wow, very nice work! I assume you had concept art to go off of for these?

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • deceiver
    • August 12, 2011 at 4:07 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://imgur.com/86W4a.jpg]

    Door crasher sale on gamestop.ca yesterday, got it for 30$!

    Since I hadn't played KZ2 yet, went ahead and got that too:

    [Blocked Image: http://imgur.com/afJgg.jpg]

    and needed something extra to go past the 25$ for free shipping on Amazon , wanted to re-watch it anyways!

    [Blocked Image: http://imgur.com/cUW4F.jpg]

  • RAGE

    • deceiver
    • August 12, 2011 at 2:42 AM
    Quote from D3ads

    It looks incredible, looks like ID are resetting the goalposts of graphical detail just as they've done many times before. Crysis about to be dethroned [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/deathcrush/rage_is_the_new_graphics_king.jpg]

    I doubt it really . After seeing the Carmack talk, some of the blurry screenshots they released and how in the trailers they only show setpice/far shots, I feel textures are going to be blurrrrrry. Carmack even said so himself. Granted, it does still all look nice all together, but Crysis 2's graphical fidelity can't be matched I think, especially with the new updates and DX11.

  • Roman City - First UDK Project

    • deceiver
    • August 8, 2011 at 1:46 PM

    Yup, so much better!

  • Interview with Thiago Klafke (Minotauro)

    • deceiver
    • August 7, 2011 at 8:35 PM

    I didn't know you created race tracks for CS and HL!

  • RAGE

    • deceiver
    • August 5, 2011 at 12:50 AM

  • Half-Life 3

    • deceiver
    • August 3, 2011 at 12:40 AM

    ...I've heard rumors as well.

  • ULTIMATE CHALLENGE: Design the MapCore logo — new deadline!

    • deceiver
    • August 2, 2011 at 3:44 AM

    ooo, love that first font!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™