1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. The Vulture

Posts by The Vulture

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • The Vulture
    • January 19, 2010 at 11:00 AM

    Yeah, voxels is a way of doing it, but that's all models.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • The Vulture
    • January 18, 2010 at 10:17 PM

    Thanks for the comments, people, happy you like it!

    Quote from ultradr3mer

    first one is boring since pandora has different flora.

    I'm not sure what to say... I simply suggest reading next time, as I cleary state (under a neat little headline!) that Hongzhou is a map for Crysis that I'm doing. I did not say I want it to be like Pandora, and I did not say I want it to look like Pandora. It's a jungle on Earth, not Pandora in outer space.

    Good thing that other one looks more like Pandora, though, because that's what I wanted!

  • Gustav Engman - Level Designer

    • The Vulture
    • January 18, 2010 at 8:09 PM

    Thanks, Furyo!

    Regarding my Portfolio... Just to stay on the clear side, it's not made by myself. Carbonmade is a free site allowing everyone to show a limited amount of work. When I found it I thought "What the heck" and uploaded some one my work, just to try it out as I've been wanting to have my best stuff in one place to show others. If I'm getting a job within the business, I will of course update to a more professional Portfolio.

    Also, I wonder (don't laugh now...), what exactly are the differences between a Level Designer and an Environment Artist? I don't have any gaming business experience so don't judge me here. I've always considered myself as a Level Designer since I'm creating the levels from scratch, e.g terrain, vegetation/object placement, and also all Flowgraphing (the way you do scripted stuff within CryEngine) necessary for a Singleplayer level in Crysis.

  • Gustav Engman - Level Designer

    • The Vulture
    • January 18, 2010 at 6:28 PM

    Thanks, guys! All of your comments are very contructive and helpful, thanks!

    Nurb

    As for jobs, I'm only 17 so there's no way I'd get a job now because in still in school. Also, being at such a low age, I want to develop even more if I can before looking for jobs. A finished education wouldn't be too bad either.

    VoodooBenshee

    Thanks! The link would indeed be better if it was possible to click it, but it's not possible with the Portfolio survice I'm using. =(

    Again, thanks to rest of you for taking the time to write!

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • The Vulture
    • January 18, 2010 at 6:14 PM

    Awesome work to all of you who posted pics!

    Crysis - Hongzhou Harbor

    A small personal project of mine I've been working on for a while, for the game Crysis.

    [Blocked Image: http://img1.hugeup.com/f/01142010/f69c2e.jpg]

    Crysis - Avatar Inspired Scene

    Something I started a couple of hours ago, so it's nothing major, just made for fun.

    [Blocked Image: http://img1.hugeup.com/f/01182010/85fef8c7b.jpg]

  • Gustav Engman - Level Designer

    • The Vulture
    • January 17, 2010 at 11:29 PM

    Hey, guys.

    I'm new to MapCore (actually I just found this place), and I have no idea if I even should be posting this or not, but here it goes. Since this is a place to get professional feedback, I figured maybe I should give it a go. I have no experience in the gaming business as I'm still a student and currently I'm doing my Level Design work mostly for fun. I wanted to show you guys this in order to get some feedback of my work and perhaps get some advice for the future, such as ways to get good jobs within the business, ways of improving my Portfolio etc.

    Personally I don't think of myself as very talented, but I've heard some people that like my work, so hopefully you will too. I have nothing to give compared to the amazing stuff I've seen here, so be gentle on me and don't expect too much as you browse through the Portfolio.

    Currently I have only been able to work with the CE 2 for Crysis, but I plan learning other engines once I get older. Now, enough of me, here's the link to the Portfolio. Hopefully you’ll be able to enjoy some of it!

    http://gustav.carbonmade.com/

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™