1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. catfood

Posts by catfood

  • [cs:go] de_log

    • catfood
    • June 3, 2015 at 10:50 AM

    thanks man, and thanks for pointing out those bug videos

  • [cs:go] de_log

    • catfood
    • May 29, 2015 at 10:15 AM

    didnt have time to try to reproduce it. but that sounds like a good solution

  • [cs:go] de_log

    • catfood
    • May 28, 2015 at 6:53 PM

    yes it does

  • de_zoo

    • catfood
    • May 28, 2015 at 5:29 PM

    lol :B :

    So I successfully convinced a game full of people to stop killing each other and just read about Lions on de_zoo!

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • catfood
    • May 27, 2015 at 1:53 PM

    Congratz to the map makers and modellers who made it into the operation!

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • catfood
    • May 7, 2015 at 3:36 PM

    i'm in!

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • catfood
    • May 7, 2015 at 10:09 AM
    Quote from MaanMan


    This makes my RC-1 look like a toy! What does the rest of your setup look like?


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/ob03AcO.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/eWTJwAY.jpg?1]

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • catfood
    • May 6, 2015 at 4:49 PM

    RC300 Loop station:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/H043Mjp.jpg]

  • [CS:GO] Shipped

    • catfood
    • April 30, 2015 at 2:25 AM

    im gonna try to create a partly cloudy skybox. as if a storm just went by and the sun starts to shine again. it will be really dramatic.

  • [csgo] de_venezia

    • catfood
    • April 29, 2015 at 6:18 PM

    nice setting. if i remember correctly there was someone else on this forum that tried to pull it off but changed theme/setting cause of layout related problems with water and bridges. maybe he can inform you with stuff that you should keep in mind. you would just have to find him

  • [CS:GO] Shipped

    • catfood
    • April 28, 2015 at 11:19 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Bg7VE2K.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/WVrE6Fl.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/9415QDw.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/LClbROt.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/FX8uwtY.jpg]

  • [CS:GO] Shipped

    • catfood
    • April 28, 2015 at 1:58 PM

    updated the workshop file to the most recent version. its barely playable since a part of bombspot B is missing but i thought i would share it anyways for shits and giggles: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=345171392

    I'll upload screenshots later.

  • 3ds max "I can see through my polygons"

    • catfood
    • April 23, 2015 at 10:23 AM

    alt + X (xray) is also a handy tool to look through faces.

  • [CS:GO] Bourg

    • catfood
    • April 8, 2015 at 11:20 PM
    Quote from Bodd Jonar

    I love the look of the map, one of the most simple yet beautiful map yet to be released, this is a great feat.

    nice avatar

  • [CS:GO] de_reato

    • catfood
    • April 4, 2015 at 11:20 AM

    looks great so far. very believable

  • [CS:GO] Shipped

    • catfood
    • March 30, 2015 at 2:09 AM

    I spend some time working on the bridge a bit this weekend:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/FsstMoq.jpg]
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/59IH7cP.jpg]

  • [CS:GO] Rails

    • catfood
    • February 23, 2015 at 10:15 PM
    Quote from Deh0lise

    It's ok catfood, I appreciate it. I got used to how it looked but you're right, it needs something else. I thought about adding some letters over the upper concrete beam as I used the light just to guide players view above because of CTs.

    -I like the left vents with some particles/envsmoke, it's a good idea I might implement.

    -The box below is something I didn't want to add in order not to give too many hints about going above the wood plank thus making smart Ts work as a team boosting and having an advantage (just like the old dark crate in d2 circular stairs).

    -I'm not adding the tree as I don't want any prop on the ground over there and might look strange from another spot if it is over the roof, but something there might prove useful for the composition.

    -The A sign might be useful, also a B sign over the far metal door, but I didn't want to encourage Ts to go middle aggressively, specially the first time they play the map, getting through mid is not as common as it is in cbble for example. Middle routes are secondary, mostly for support.

    -Cables and ac are nice, and adding some colors with stripes or pipes might be fine too, I might try it.

    -The window's frame is something I agree and I have already tried with brushes but was badly lit, I should probably have to make a model to make it look pretty.


    Thanks

    Display More

    you're welcome. i have to be honest i havent played the map yet just responding on your visuals (screenshots) so the tree and the A sign are probably misplaced when playing the map but the area-skybox felt fertile so i thought bringing back more foliage into the map would be nice for colors, breaking geometry and tilling.

    im curious how the map will turn out

  • [CS:GO] Rails

    • catfood
    • February 19, 2015 at 1:58 AM

    I pooped:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/jWyIsNx.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/KjGnPV3.jpg]

    I tried to do some "concept art" over one of your screenshots. I seriously hope you don't take it the wrong way

  • [CS:GO] Rails

    • catfood
    • February 19, 2015 at 1:01 AM
    Quote from Deh0lise

    Last update (besides future bugs). This time I've made a blend modulate texture for the wood on A and made it more snowy so it is more consistent with the rest of the map. I've also removed the stars from the 2d skybox, made it less lowres and placed different planes of stars to give it more depth.


    You can find the download and changelog in the item's workshop page.


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/uhCNMWV.jpg]

    nice sky

  • [CS:GO] Shipped

    • catfood
    • February 8, 2015 at 4:53 PM

    streaming: http://www.twitch.tv/catfoood

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™