1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. couto_607

Posts by couto_607

  • 3ds Max Clay/Wireframe Render

    • couto_607
    • November 16, 2008 at 5:46 PM

    How do I do it? I know how to create a simple clay render, but I can't seem to get the wireframe to just overlap on the main material. Instead, it just replaces it. I'm using the composite method.

    I've followed this tutorial, but it doesn't work.. Could somebody just explain how to do it exactly? Thanks.

  • HL2 Model Boundary Box

    • couto_607
    • May 29, 2008 at 9:19 PM

    Well, I successfully created and compiled my edited model for TF2, but for some reason the boundary box is huge... I really don't know why it's doing this to me:

    [Blocked Image: http://pics.mypic.ca/a5b4b18f.jpg]

    This is the QC:

    Code
    $modelname "props_trainyard/red_bomb_cart.mdl"
    
    
    $model "Body" "red_bomb_cart_ref.smd"
    
    
    $cdmaterials "models/props_trainyard/"
    
    
    $hboxset "default"
    
    
    // Model uses material "red_cart_bas.vmt"
    
    
    // Model uses material "red_cart_crates.vmt"
    
    
    // Model uses material "red_cart_dis.vmt"
    
    
    $surfaceprop "default"
    
    
    $illumposition -1.390 0.000 22.614
    
    
    $sequence idle "idle" fps 30.00
    
    
    $collisionmodel "red_bomb_cart_phys.smd" {
    
    
    
    
    	$concave
    
    
    	$mass 11093.6
    
    
    	$inertia 1.00
    
    
    	$damping 0.00
    
    
    	$rotdamping 0.00
    
    
    }
    Display More

    The original QC had this extra line, which I got rid of because I was getting some errors when compiling:

    $hbox 0 "static_prop" -63.532 -30.833 -26.812 60.752 30.833 72.039

    Any ideas how I can fix the box? Does it have anything to do with the Collision model or something?

    Thanks.

  • New 3DS Max 9, 2008 and 2009 SMD export plugin available.

    • couto_607
    • May 29, 2008 at 9:16 PM

    Nice! We need an importer now

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™