1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Skacky

Posts by Skacky

  • Alien: Isolation

    • Skacky
    • October 8, 2014 at 1:45 PM

    I've been playing this for about 7hrs. If the quality is as consistent throughout I can safely say this is BY FAR game of the year 2014 along with Wasteland 2.

  • de_manor (WIP name)

    • Skacky
    • October 5, 2014 at 9:07 PM

    Great shots!

  • War for the Overworld

    • Skacky
    • September 26, 2014 at 7:33 PM

    Damn, more than a year later. Still a long way to go imo, but it's getting there. I still think that the game would benefit from less squarish terrain tiles, like the twisted ones in DK2.

  • Rubicon Rumble Pack

    • Skacky
    • September 15, 2014 at 3:57 PM

    Everyone should play this, it's minblowing.

  • Which game really made you fell in love with it's world and characters?

    • Skacky
    • August 26, 2014 at 2:33 AM

    Thief 1-2-3, STALKER, System Shock 1 & 2, Ultima Underworld, Arx Fatalis, Fallout 1 & 2, Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines, Silent Hill 2.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Skacky
    • July 27, 2014 at 1:35 AM

    Spark was also very demanding so I guess Unity was a tradeoff for better performance.

  • Doom (4)

    • Skacky
    • July 21, 2014 at 1:20 PM

    Projectile attacks are usually much more interesting than hitscan from a gameplay perspective, especially if you want your game to be fast-paced. Most of my favorite Doom wads mainly use projectile mobs (Imps/Mancubi/Revenants/Barons and Knights, etc). I usually get tired of hitscan enemies pretty quickly, especially the Spiderdemons I just don't like. Another good thing is that it's easier to provoke infighting with projectiles, and more games should use monster infighting.

  • ITT: Post maps/scenes that never saw the light of the day.

    • Skacky
    • July 16, 2014 at 1:58 AM

    Sick brushwork in the first two.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Skacky
    • July 13, 2014 at 6:46 PM

    Another batch. This thing is chugging so many brushes there's no way it'll be as big as my Honey map, but it should provide some good fun nonetheless.


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/wpzqPedl.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/zZsFEUil.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/0yLshzil.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/ak2pLb1l.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Skacky
    • July 11, 2014 at 6:08 PM

    More Quake, this time for the second jam session over at func_msgboard. Theme is ikblue/white, Indian/Persian texture sets.


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/60nsCnXl.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/s9FzwAml.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/A8NVEu8l.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/sCORc5Ol.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Skacky
    • June 22, 2014 at 10:54 PM

    Another week to go but I'm actually mostly done. The whole path to the silver key is 100% complete with all encounters set up for all difficulties. Now to create the rest of the path to the gold key and to the final arena.


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/D5skOGwl.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/tZeC2vil.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/SCBWKq9l.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/5SoQ0oxl.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/sv8b0Yrl.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/ReVj1Nsl.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Skacky
    • June 20, 2014 at 9:41 PM

    It's for a map jam and the theme is Honey, so yeah we are encouraged to use the assets.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Skacky
    • June 20, 2014 at 9:07 PM

    Today I bring you pixels. I have one week to finish this map before the deadline.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/R0X28tyl.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/KropFkFl.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/YDdhhc4l.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/VQXXbDrl.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/BvZMLe6l.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/cNjkVxxl.jpg]

  • What I'm Working On

    • Skacky
    • June 6, 2014 at 11:59 PM

    Bloom is way too powerful on Grace imo.

  • Source 2 demo with a re-do scene from HL2

    • Skacky
    • April 1, 2014 at 6:45 PM

    That looks so freaking good.

  • ITT: Post maps/scenes that never saw the light of the day.

    • Skacky
    • March 17, 2014 at 5:30 AM

    Lost in a crash, I'm afraid. I still have an extremely old version of the payload race map.

  • ITT: Post maps/scenes that never saw the light of the day.

    • Skacky
    • March 16, 2014 at 10:43 PM

    I found some pics of maps that never saw the light of day. They're all long gone now. :<


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/6692lRul.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/eMoHE4Ql.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/8HHUJgHl.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/vSAN769l.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Ub0LhBPl.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Ah7ca7Ll.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/RrClGM2l.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/Z2CLgqql.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/banJPBnl.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/CgraIJAl.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/dFS0Nvml.jpg]

  • Thief 4

    • Skacky
    • March 5, 2014 at 3:45 PM

    I saw that yesterday. Now as I said on the twitterz, even if I disliked the game, witnessing layoffs like that still makes me mad. Good to know your job is safe.

  • Thief 4

    • Skacky
    • February 24, 2014 at 5:04 PM
    Quote from Nysuatro

    Yeah, we got a lot of fighting from hardcore thief fans. But this was already from the beginning.


    Oh, I thought we were just a minority. It's good to blame the fans now.

  • Irrational Games shuts down

    • Skacky
    • February 18, 2014 at 6:02 PM

    Sad. I didn't really enjoy Bioshock Infinite but, damn, irrational made some crazy good games. System Shock 2 with the legendary Looking Glass, SWAT 4, which is still as of today the best tactical shooter ever made, and of course their most famous game, Bioshock.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™