1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Skacky

Posts by Skacky

  • The Natural Selection 2 Thread

    • Skacky
    • September 5, 2012 at 11:27 PM

    Grats on the milestone, I have a new shiny armor now.

    But my most wanted feature still isn't there yet: where is the female marine?

  • Black Mesa Source

    • Skacky
    • September 3, 2012 at 7:47 PM

    Hehe, a lot of people seem to come out of the closet.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Skacky
    • September 3, 2012 at 7:39 PM

    Basically, I feel cheated and betrayed. Just a tad. And it made me figure out that I enjoy developping stuff, but just as a hobby.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Skacky
    • September 3, 2012 at 6:46 PM

    It's not really over yet, but at this point I don't think I'll manage to keep my job.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Skacky
    • September 3, 2012 at 6:26 PM

    You can remove me from Streum on Studio. At this point I'm done with the game industry.

  • Black Mesa Source

    • Skacky
    • September 2, 2012 at 12:03 PM

    Disappointed that Xen isn't there, but I'll pick up that beast anyway just to visit Black Mesa again.

  • NS2_Veil by FMPONE

    • Skacky
    • August 30, 2012 at 11:43 AM

    Awesome work, man.

    Veil was one of my favorite maps along with Machina, Bast, Eclipse and Hera. I'll be sure to jump right to it whenever I can.

    So I just played it as a Marine, and I really enjoyed it. I definitely felt nostalgic here. I'm surprised you decided to make some areas with less height difference (like the corridor from West Skylights / Sat to Nanogrid), but it works quite well. Great layout changes near Pipeline too. I think, like its NS1 counterpart, that the map is a bit Marine-biased, but then again I went on a rampage this afternoon.

    Top quality work.

    Oh and forgot to mention, the visuals are sick. Especially System Waypointing, Pipeline (truly impressive), Sub-Sector and Emergency Nozzle. I think Nanogrid was a bit dull in comparison, but that may just be me.

  • Diablo 3

    • Skacky
    • August 21, 2012 at 8:01 PM

    Stay classy, Blizzard. How can anyone say Brevik is a loser?

  • cp_proletariat

    • Skacky
    • August 16, 2012 at 1:04 AM

    Nice JeanPaul, I really like the detailling style. I'll check the map tomorrow when I launch TF2.

    Also, don't pay too much attention to the haters on TF2M, most of them are pretentious assholes and give terrible feedback (they're a minority, but an annoying one at that). Which is a shame because their testing system is fantastic.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza

    • Skacky
    • August 14, 2012 at 11:39 PM

    Saint-Malo is ugly as fuck from the outside, but the inner city is very impressive.

  • cp_proletariat

    • Skacky
    • August 14, 2012 at 9:46 AM

    That detailing looks sick, man. I really like what I'm seeing in general, even if these huge stairs look weird for the moment.

    Good luck with your project, I think it has lots of potential.

  • Team Fortress 2 - Mann vs Machine

    • Skacky
    • August 14, 2012 at 9:13 AM

    This looks so damn awesome.

  • Working remotely.

    • Skacky
    • August 14, 2012 at 12:32 AM

    Same thing for me until my boss proposed me a full-time contract and I accepted.

  • Working remotely.

    • Skacky
    • August 11, 2012 at 11:30 PM

    I know what you mean about the driving license. As stupid as it may sound, I'm afraid of cars so I won't be getting one anytime soon. I was lucky enough to find a place close to my workplace so I literally have to walk 20 minutes to get there. You're not wrong when you say it's not the best place for getting a driving license, I took a look at some agencies and some of them are ridiculously expensive. And of course, when you live with another person it's hard to move, but fortunately I wasn't in a relationship at that time and I'm most probably about to begin one now, so I think my move turned out pretty cool. Still, I had to leave a ton of friends behind.

  • Working remotely.

    • Skacky
    • August 11, 2012 at 11:06 PM

    I worked remotely for more than 2 years and now that I work in an office, I definitely think the latter is the best. Still, I had to leave a city I love to move to Paris, and I know what you mean. While my crib isn't very expensive, it's still a third of my pay, and the weather cold and cloudy every day.

    Anyway, working remotely has its advantages, but like AlexM I tended to work a lot less when I had to do the boring part of the work, whereas I could work 10-12 hours straight when I worked on the fun part, and I tend to procrastinate a lot when I work at home. Besides, as much as I don't like people much in general, I still like human contact so working in an office is a plus for me, as long as my co-workers aren't morons.

  • PainKiller Hell and Damnation

    • Skacky
    • August 6, 2012 at 6:21 PM

    Oh, you've been working on it? This looks mighty fine. I loved the original Painkiller so I may pick this one up.

  • The Natural Selection 2 Thread

    • Skacky
    • August 2, 2012 at 10:55 AM

    You should then, it's really kick ass.

    Last time I played the Aliens were really overpowered, but the Marines didn't have their endgame stuff yet (like the exoskeleton). Do they now?

  • Mission Improbable WIP thread

    • Skacky
    • July 29, 2012 at 10:50 AM

    Awesome, guys!

  • The Dark Knight Rises

    • Skacky
    • July 20, 2012 at 8:29 PM
    Quote from Rick_D

    apparently this film is just to die for!

    Hehe, a French journalist also said the movie was a killer.

  • Breaking Bad

    • Skacky
    • July 20, 2012 at 1:56 PM

    Heheh, Skyler and whatever the son's name is are the reasons why I can't get into Breaking Bad no matter how hard I try.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™