1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Freak

Posts by Freak

  • Weird Displacement Problem (Hl2)

    • Freak
    • May 15, 2009 at 1:05 PM

    Skacky: No... thx, I´m gonna try this

    DvS: I work on Windows XP

    2d-chris: well, that is what I´ll do if you guys cannot help me

    Thx for your feedback!

  • Weird Displacement Problem (Hl2)

    • Freak
    • May 14, 2009 at 7:30 PM

    Well, as the title says, I´ve got a problem with my displacements in a small hl2 map.

    First of all, I´ve made the displacement like I always did in the past and like everyone else does...

    So, my problem is that every physics, ragdolls and weapons simply fall through my displacement

    I asked around and Ryell told me that my displacement collisions maybe are turned off. They aren´t. Another guy told me that it may be because of custom textures that cause collision problems.. even hl2´s textures don´t work in that case.

    The most weird thing at all is that physics also fall through clip-textured-brushes...

    In hl2dm I don´t have that problem, in ep2, portal, tf2 and all the other source games too.. So it seems that just hl2 isn´t working correctly. Creating a new map doesn´t work either. I´ve got no leaks or something in my map.

    So do you guys know why there is such a weird problem

  • Rats Tequila

    • Freak
    • May 13, 2009 at 12:50 PM

    That looks awesome

    The name is cool btw, fits the coloured theme pretty good

  • [TF2] Furnace Creek - a 3 point A/D map

    • Freak
    • May 12, 2009 at 12:33 PM
    Quote from Youme

    which is almost exactly the same size as valve's gravelpit.

    and it even looks like gravelpit Tf2 is definitely in the need of more custom content

  • Red Dead Redemption

    • Freak
    • May 7, 2009 at 10:47 AM

    lol at the first few seconds i thought they were playing fistful of frag´s map fof_monumentvalley

  • Some cool skateboardmovie

    • Freak
    • May 6, 2009 at 1:00 PM

    It´s a cool idea to have skateboarding and explosions in slowmotion at the same time, I like it

  • Lighting TH-Canyon and TH-Stronghold (UT3)

    • Freak
    • May 3, 2009 at 10:21 AM

    wow... especially that first picture blows me away

  • Brütal Legend

    • Freak
    • May 2, 2009 at 8:23 AM
    Quote from Gloglebag

    Then someone reminded me PC is not one of the platforms it's set to launch on

    omg that destroyed my life

  • Assassin's Creed 2

    • Freak
    • May 2, 2009 at 8:18 AM

    hell yeah <.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Freak
    • April 29, 2009 at 12:34 PM

    nice but the propellor doesn´t have shadows

  • Happy bday buddy

    • Freak
    • April 27, 2009 at 12:54 PM

    Happy Birthday

  • Half-Life 2: Raindrop

    • Freak
    • April 22, 2009 at 1:51 PM
    Quote

    ":ntescrhj]

    it's not his map! you should read the text as well you know!

    next time i will sorry dude

  • Half-Life 2: Raindrop

    • Freak
    • April 21, 2009 at 12:48 PM

    I especially like the 3rd screenshot It´s awesome what you´re doing

  • DM-Haze (UT3)

    • Freak
    • April 20, 2009 at 9:07 PM

    I like it

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Freak
    • April 20, 2009 at 1:42 PM
    Quote

    Any ideas?

    [Blocked Image: http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/3787/traindepot0005.th.jpg]

    Make a better transition there.

  • Blocks 5 custom level ^__^

    • Freak
    • April 19, 2009 at 6:42 PM

    Hi guys,

    today me and my friend made a small level for the game Blocks 5

    If you want to download the game => http://www.scherfgen-software.net/blocks5/blocks_5.exe


    Believe me, it´s pretty funny and later on pretty hard to finish

    Screenshot of our map:

    [Blocked Image: http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3397/boauj.jpg]

    Download:

    http://www.xup.in/dl,29784458/Unnatural_Journey.rar/

  • Project 25 (single player mod hl2)

    • Freak
    • April 18, 2009 at 1:27 AM

    I liked the part where you have to

    Quote

    change the inside cable with the outside cable

    most, I was a bit confused at first

    On the middle border in the second picture theres a small part of displacement where you can´t walk over, and you´re able to walk through the wooden thing right behind your spawnplace.

    And insta,

    Quote

    use barrels, not crates ;D

    I somehow was teleportet to the ceiling when I wanted to jump onto a pallet at the water part, I fell down and died X(

    Overall I enjoyed playing it, but I agree with all points that have already been replied.

  • happy birthday, voodoobenshee!

    • Freak
    • April 13, 2009 at 7:51 AM

    Happy bday

  • Calling all HL2 Mappers

    • Freak
    • April 11, 2009 at 9:27 PM

    I like the idea but don´t you think it´ll be a mess of different things? I mean someone will create a desert-styled map or something and the other one a forest..

  • 'Aliens' SFAM competition entry (CryEngine 2)

    • Freak
    • April 6, 2009 at 5:47 PM

    The only thing i dont like is the sky, it looks more or less 2d, but the whole scene looks pretty awesome, great job guys!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™