1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Neil Squibb

Posts by Neil Squibb

  • The elephant in the room - Kane & Lynch reviews :D

    • Neil Squibb
    • December 1, 2007 at 1:49 AM

    Being possibly the worlds number one Jeff Gerstmann fan I am outraged. Though I am going to wait till the facts are out first before I deal out that rage.

  • Level Design for different engines...

    • Neil Squibb
    • November 29, 2007 at 12:03 PM

    How much of a leap is it to go from Hammer to Max? I've had a dabble in Max before but nothing serious. Would it take a lot to learn the basics?

  • Pitching an idea.

    • Neil Squibb
    • November 28, 2007 at 3:47 PM

    If you seriously wish to act on your idea in any way, without being afraid of having legal issues, a good idea is to send a copy of the game design doc to yourself via registered post. Once you receive it DO NOT OPEN IT! It should be date stamped and have a seal on. This is not a fool-proof method to secure your ideas but goes a long way in legitimising that you came up with them. I am from the UK but I am sure there would be something similar to this in most countries.

    P.S. I have not tried this myself with game docs but a relation of mine did do this with some song music sheets and lyrics in his youth. He is the one who suggested it to me. I felt it was applicable here.

  • ol_styx (Off Limits map)

    • Neil Squibb
    • November 28, 2007 at 3:03 PM

    Ha, I remember when my friend was doing some work for this mod. He worked on some of the sound for Off Limits.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™