1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Latka X-treme

Posts by Latka X-treme

  • Source shaders preview?

    • Latka X-treme
    • September 22, 2007 at 7:53 PM

    What do you mean by wrong scale?

    Mine is 1024×1024 which works, while on another model the same resolution doesn't work...

  • Source shaders preview?

    • Latka X-treme
    • September 22, 2007 at 6:42 PM

    Interesting... I see my latest model's normalmaps inside Model Viewer.

    I think it's because I exported my tgas into vtf from Photoshop properly...

    (You can take a look at the HL2 models in Model Viewer and you cant see the models' normalmaps, even if you turn that display on...

    A better example is Fortress Forever's Sentrygun models: while level1 and level3 displays the normalmaps, level2 doesnt...)

    But thanks for the long info you showed there... I bet I get that useful

  • Source shaders preview?

    • Latka X-treme
    • September 22, 2007 at 4:20 PM

    Hi guys!

    I'd like to know if there is an other method for checking Source ingame grafics, without opening any Source games? Let me describe:

    I'd like to make a model for a Source mod. As all you know the textures (along with shaders) are controlled by vmt files. To make the model look as good as possible, I need to play around with the vmt files. But everytime I want to make sure how the model looks like, I need to place the model in a map, open the mod, and check the model there (if the model is small, I also need to zoom in). This is pain in the ass everytime I do it, and I'm not even sure if it looks alright. I wonder if there is a tool, or if you can set the Source Model Viewer to display the model as it will appear in-game.

    (Note: some modifications' models (such as Fortress Forever, or Age of Chivalry) can be displayed in the Model Viewer as it appears ingame - so with normalmaps and such, but I cant display my models that way.)

    Can someone help me?

    Thanks

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™