1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Jenn0_Bing

Posts by Jenn0_Bing

  • [Q3] Sanctum

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • September 1, 2011 at 9:58 AM

    I love the softness you've managed to achieve. The perfect environment for brutal deathmatch .

  • Deus Ex 3

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • August 23, 2011 at 11:51 AM
    Quote

    ":30mbgfdv]Deus Ex : Human Revolution™ - Augmented Edition pre-ordered, can't wait for Thursday.

    Same here . Except I'll have to wait for Friday .

  • Futuristic scifi building [CryEngine3]

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • August 20, 2011 at 11:38 AM

    That is simply breathtakingly cool. I would also be extremely interested in an article on your approach to this scene.

  • some contract work: RIFT

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • August 12, 2011 at 10:23 AM

    I love it all, particularly fond of those two carts and the tower in the first few because of it's colours.

  • The random model thread!

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • August 7, 2011 at 8:48 PM

    Yeah, that already looks awesome, can only get better from here too!

  • Roman City - First UDK Project

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • August 6, 2011 at 10:23 PM

    Long time no update, summer has been rather getting in the way this past week . Was suggested I should add some geometry to the roofs over at Polycount so that has been done, I think it was worth the effort. Also new less noisy plaster material.

    [Blocked Image: http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a214/jenno_bing/06_08_11_Wipshots_2.jpg]

  • What are you playing now?

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • August 5, 2011 at 7:12 PM

    Whoa, kinda creepy. I came into this thread to basically write the same post as Sentura . Basically agree with his points. I found the art and environments to be really well polished and a pleasure to explore for the first third of the game, and while the quality didn't diminish the uniqueness of each location did. Most of the set pieces were as impressive as they should be though. Would have loved some more puzzles that actually relied on time control, something like Insta's mechanic in Whoopservatory would have fit in so well with the theme. Overall it was more enjoyable than I'd been lead to believe from what I read around launch.

  • l4d_yama

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • August 5, 2011 at 9:26 AM

    Still looking as good as ever. I look forward to getting a taste at Christmas, or whenever .

  • [TF2] Ctf_frosty

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • August 4, 2011 at 8:45 PM

    Oh boy does that look cold. New lighting is much better!

  • ULTIMATE CHALLENGE: Design the MapCore logo — new deadline!

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • August 3, 2011 at 11:27 AM

    I'm completely torn on the inside lines, I think I've spent so long on it I don't know which is better. I've got versions saved with both I just happened to use that one for the mock-up.

  • ULTIMATE CHALLENGE: Design the MapCore logo — new deadline!

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • August 3, 2011 at 9:49 AM

    OK, here's a mock-up with Thurnip's Mapcore font, if we wanted the subtext which I think is pretty cool it may need a similar font treatment, I'm just using a stock font atm.

    [Blocked Image: http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a214/jenno_bing/MapcoreLogo_Jenn0_Thurnip.jpg]

    It's also a slightly updated version of my logo, no changes to the shape, I've just warmed the colours a little and shaded the sphere as per Thriks suggestion

  • [HP] ~ 3D Sketchbook Thread

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • August 3, 2011 at 9:05 AM

    Pure awesome, the surface details really sell it.

  • totally random texture thread

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • August 2, 2011 at 10:35 AM

    Much better. Have you looked into DecalModulate? Could help make that look even more like it's painted onto the metal floor.

    http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki ... alModulate

  • ULTIMATE CHALLENGE: Design the MapCore logo — new deadline!

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • August 2, 2011 at 10:32 AM

    Yeah, Thurnip's font looks great. Would you be against me posting a mash-up of my logo with your font idea Thurnip? I don't want to step on anyone's toes.

  • ULTIMATE CHALLENGE: Design the MapCore logo — new deadline!

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • July 29, 2011 at 12:38 PM

    Yeah, that does look better. Consider that change made, there's not much sense me posting it all again to show .

  • ULTIMATE CHALLENGE: Design the MapCore logo — new deadline!

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • July 29, 2011 at 11:47 AM

    OK, here's one with the inner lines back in. I've also included one with a softer shape which I think I prefer, let me know what you guys think. I've been trying to add the name without it looking too goofy/separate but haven't really hit on anything I like yet.

    [Blocked Image: http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a214/jenno_bing/MapcoreLogo_Jenn0_6.jpg]

    I like that take on the old logo Mino, especially the bottom one on the right, I think the grey you start with in the name may be a bit too dark against the cube though.

    Wilco's design is also looking really solid.

  • [HP] ~ 3D Sketchbook Thread

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • July 29, 2011 at 10:22 AM

    That is a beast.

  • [WIP] Modular assets testing

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • July 28, 2011 at 5:59 PM

    That new lighting is a big improvement. Maybe add some warmer orange toned lights to contrast the blue (which I'm also digging).

  • ULTIMATE CHALLENGE: Design the MapCore logo — new deadline!

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • July 27, 2011 at 5:44 PM

    Here's a version more Closely resembling Arhurt's pallet.

    [Blocked Image: http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a214/jenno_bing/MapcoreLogo_Jenn0_5.jpg]

  • ULTIMATE CHALLENGE: Design the MapCore logo — new deadline!

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • July 27, 2011 at 2:17 PM

    Yeah, I agree. Didn't realise how much I'd changed it while working on it. Updated my post with a smaller darker core version.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™