1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. madgernader

Posts by madgernader

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • madgernader
    • December 24, 2009 at 6:43 PM
    Quote from Minotauro

    ID Super Pack

    66% off... so tempting even though I own Doom3 and the expansion...

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • madgernader
    • December 24, 2009 at 8:26 AM

    Braid

    Torchlight

    Darwinia/Multiwinia

    Beyond Good and Evil

    Deus Ex

    Freedom force freedom pack

    Indigo Prophecy

    Star Wars Jedi knight pack

    Ghost Recon pack

    So many good games for cheap damn you steam...

  • NS2 - Spark Editor

    • madgernader
    • December 5, 2009 at 5:44 AM

    Nope, both come with access. Although the special editions might be the first to test their maps in game, since they would get game builds sooner, but I may be wrong. As it is now you can build but cant play your levels.

  • Another successful boycott! (L4D2)

    • madgernader
    • November 23, 2009 at 4:56 AM
    Quote from Rick_D

    **Arguments counter attempts**

    Reading all of this was like sitting through my argument class, straw man, red herring. Good times

  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

    • madgernader
    • November 19, 2009 at 2:04 AM
    Quote from Rick_D

    only played up to the bulldozer mission which was a trainwreck due to the hitboxes for that driver

    Same happened to me, bought it on PS3 and was really digging it, until that level.

  • Left4Dead 2

    • madgernader
    • November 18, 2009 at 5:42 AM
    Quote from Minotauro

    Damn I rushed home to play L4D2 and now Steam is acting super gay on me and "Scanning for games updates" forever!!! GAhhh anyone else experiencing this as well??

    I hate that. Its been a problem I've had forever, way before L4D2. After any game had an update pretty much of any kind I would get this. Because my Internets so slow it would take hours, sometimes I would have to just finally go to sleep and hope the next day it was done. Its really worthless, especially when you just want to play something like Mass Effect, or HL2.

  • Company leaks game on purpose for pirating

    • madgernader
    • November 15, 2009 at 4:47 AM
    Quote from Defrag

    2. Steam doesn't accept debit cards

    Is that just a Europe/not U.S. thing? because my debit card works on steam dandy...

  • Chrome Engine 4 Level Editor - ChromED

    • madgernader
    • November 9, 2009 at 6:05 PM

    So, I just won a copy of the game, and a techland neck strap.

    It was a contest on callofjuarezfans.com, one of those post a comment for a chance to win, and I guess I was one of the 3 selected. Now I can check out this editor that everyone's talking bout

  • Company leaks game on purpose for pirating

    • madgernader
    • November 7, 2009 at 6:15 PM

    I also noticed that, sure made that on a whim half off mass effect buy easier

  • UDK Tutorials/Jobs/Snippets - The Ball

    • madgernader
    • November 7, 2009 at 1:03 AM

    Awesome! If only I lived in europe...

    I got a question for you about your UDK Demo, or I should say the UDK build it uses. Whats up with the options menu for the ball (and the UT demo for that matter) having such lackluster options menus? I was able to change the inis but it was still a pain, and I don't really know what UT settings in inis = in game slider options so I didn't change too much. It just seems strange for that to not be fully included... (vsync, texture detail, screen percentage, etc.)

  • Unreal engine 3 for consumers? WTF ?

    • madgernader
    • November 6, 2009 at 1:02 AM
    Quote from SpicyTanuki

    do I still want to download that 3rd party unrealscript IDE or is the editor decent now?

    I don't think it has a built in IDE anymore, at least I haven't come across it yet...

  • Unreal engine 3 for consumers? WTF ?

    • madgernader
    • November 5, 2009 at 7:13 PM

    Oh, good call. I missed that. Even better then

  • Unreal engine 3 for consumers? WTF ?

    • madgernader
    • November 5, 2009 at 4:32 PM
    Quote from Hourences

    The 2500USd is only for non game applications.If you make a game it is entirely free, but you pay 25% revenue share.

    Not quite, but almost, its free for game applications for the first $5000 in revenue, then for revenue above that they pay the 2,500 and the royalty. At least thats how I read the licensing page commercial terms...

    http://%7boption%7d (6th paragraph down)

    Quote

    # A team creates a game with UDK that they intend to sell. After six months of development, they release the game through digital distribution and they earn €15,000 in the first calendar quarter after release. Their use of UDK during development requires no fee. After earning €15,000, they would be required to pay Epic €2,500 (€0 on the first €5,000 in revenue, and €2,500 on the next €10,000 in revenue). On subsequent revenue, they are required to pay the 25% royalty.

  • To PS3 or not to PS3

    • madgernader
    • October 25, 2009 at 4:51 PM

    The internet browser isn't much, but it works for some simple tasks. I don't know what you mean by "-online multiplayer not as easy as live" I've never had any issues connecting and playing little big planet, resistance, mag, or uncharted multiplayer games, it went just as smooth for me as xbox live ever has.

    As for losing some microsoft exclusives, I'm sure you can find someone who lives near you that would let you play their 360 to play these exclusives. Since so many people have 360s

  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Teaser

    • madgernader
    • October 22, 2009 at 12:55 AM

    The no SDK part is what bugs me (assuming that's still a no go, haven't followed any of this recently), I don't play online ever, but I like trying out editors for stuff... Without it, Im not sure if I'll still go pc or pick up the 360 one to play lan with friends...

  • Zero Gear - an indie multiplayer kart racing game

    • madgernader
    • October 16, 2009 at 11:05 PM

    I managed to nab one of the 8 from the steam community update today, I was mapping when it was posted so I jumped on it.

  • Uncharted 2 - Among Thieves

    • madgernader
    • October 16, 2009 at 6:09 PM
    Quote from Warby

    / upon further research it seams to happen in all threads where madmager has posted and uses that psn signature

    My bad, I don't really know what happened. It worked fine forever but I deleted it, so it should stop.

  • Uncharted 2 - Among Thieves

    • madgernader
    • October 16, 2009 at 7:27 AM

    Im pretty sure I saw next gen in the filters, along with black and white and sephia

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • madgernader
    • October 15, 2009 at 4:51 PM
    Quote from st0lve

    Maybe because the image is almost 1mb...And since you are copying someone else work, just go with what they did.

    its not that easy Halflife 2 obviously doesn't have the same stuff as Bionic Commando, its always harder to find something similar that still works when in a completely different game/engine

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • madgernader
    • October 15, 2009 at 4:30 PM
    Quote from Evert

    [Blocked Image: http://www.mafakka.se/anders/uncharted2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.mafakka.se/anders/brutallegend.jpg]

    Both are pure win

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™