1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. madgernader

Posts by madgernader

  • Buying a new computational device!

    • madgernader
    • August 23, 2010 at 9:24 PM
    Quote from dux

    I'd suggest an AMD chip over an intel one, personally. They are just money, no object. I expect many to disagree with me, though.

    I agree, the prices on intel cpus are ridiculous recently, same for the graphics,I recommend an ATI card, save some cash without losing much if anything on the performance side.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • madgernader
    • August 12, 2010 at 8:48 PM
    Quote from Gloglebag

    Just arrived today. Had no time to read it.I thought it had good reviews http://www.amazon.com/3ds-Max-Modeling- ... ewpoints=1

    Whoo 5 of 6 found my review helpful! :bananawrench: Hard to believe I bought it back in '08 though .... Its a good book if you know your foundations or have time to tinker, the only problem with it now is that its for 3dsMax 2009...

  • Red Dead Redemption

    • madgernader
    • June 28, 2010 at 6:42 AM
    Quote from Serenius

    I was 100% sold on the game when I passed a bush and heard a rattlesnake. Then I jumped off my horse and walked back to the bush to see if there really was a snake there, or if it was just ambient sound. Then I got fucking bit twice and died as the little bastard snake slithered off. Incredible attention to detail with little things like that.

    this story made my day...

  • Anyone from LA or close to?

    • madgernader
    • June 22, 2010 at 9:35 AM

    What kind of stuff do you need? I'm in Washington, not in Seattle or anything but I could keep an eye out for stuff if I knew what to look for. I'm a couple hours out of Seattle, so I don't know if Id see anything nearby but I can give it a shot

  • I hate Steam...

    • madgernader
    • June 21, 2010 at 8:13 PM

    $1567.83 USD

    so glad I actually got most of my stuff in ridiculous complete bundles, and then there's the mistakes like having sin 1 and the multiplayer listed for $10 each when you cant buy them without buying the newer one

    Also I guess the site decided that prey isn't a real game anyways, cause it didn't list that one...

    http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/madgernader

  • Designing for single player

    • madgernader
    • June 19, 2010 at 9:32 PM

    I agree with Mino, great read so far!

  • StarCraft II

    • madgernader
    • May 18, 2010 at 1:47 AM

    just got the beta on my account, downloading now. Thanks wacko!

  • World of Goo, Aquaria, Gish, Lugaru, Penumbra Overture sale!

    • madgernader
    • May 12, 2010 at 1:47 AM

    They extended the time on the bundle because Aquaria, Gish, Lugaru, and Penumbra Overture are going open source! Lugaru has had its code released already and the others are on the way apparently. Samorost 2 was added to the deal as well so you get 6 games now.

  • Levels and some Vegetation models

    • madgernader
    • March 27, 2010 at 12:16 AM
    Quote from JeanPaul

    Honestly, who the hell even still uses 56k?

    People who dont have other service options....

  • A mapcore reading list

    • madgernader
    • February 24, 2010 at 7:47 AM
    Quote from Sentura

    ayn rand - the fountainhead (absolutely brilliant character analysis and story).

    Seconded, I love Ayn Rand, Anthem is another good one she wrote that I highly recomend. Atlas Shrugged was ok, but drug on a little long, but it had the same kind of analysis and story as the fountainhead

    Quote from vancorso

    Philip K Dick - Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

    Also a good choice, I love Bladerunner so go figure this was a good read

    A scanner darkly is another good Philip K Dick book. (Movie was made from it with the same name)

  • StarCraft II

    • madgernader
    • February 18, 2010 at 10:13 PM

    I would love to be in the beta, but I'm sure one of you guys would have more fun with it, so I'll just update my battle.net account and hope I get one through that.

  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call Of Pripyat

    • madgernader
    • February 12, 2010 at 3:56 AM

    Its on steam now, and has a "Loyalty Promo" so if you own SoC or CS on steam you can get CoP for $19.99 vs $29.99

  • Bioshock 2!

    • madgernader
    • February 9, 2010 at 5:41 PM

    Street Fighter 4 on steam needs you to log into GfWL to save progress...

  • Mass Effect 2

    • madgernader
    • January 26, 2010 at 3:44 AM

    amazon shipped my CE today, it'll be arriving tomorrow

  • Aliens vs Predator

    • madgernader
    • January 17, 2010 at 7:26 PM

    Lol denied...

  • Aliens vs Predator

    • madgernader
    • January 17, 2010 at 6:49 PM

    Don't know if this has been said elsewhere. But rebellion updated AVP1 and put it on steam as AVP classic 2000, selling for $5. No multiplayer yet, but they said it would be patched in. They also updated it to support widescreen resolutions and gamepads.

  • Best iPhone/iPod Touch games?

    • madgernader
    • January 15, 2010 at 11:45 PM

    I dont have too many games but,

    Mass Effect: Galaxies, Wolfenstein 3D, Duke Nukem 3d

    These are all really fun. Duke has some control issues, and isn't as nice to play as wolf is, but its the DUKE, for .99 it was worth it to me...

  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Teaser

    • madgernader
    • January 11, 2010 at 3:41 PM

    Whoops my bad, yea a SALE price of $40, regular $60

  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Teaser

    • madgernader
    • January 11, 2010 at 2:15 AM

    I wasn't going to buy the game until this dedicated server nonsense got figured out. But I went to a local store last week and saw the console versions on sale for $40. I've now got myself a 360 copy, I haven't tried the multiplayer yet though, just single player and spec-ops

  • Shattered Horizon

    • madgernader
    • January 1, 2010 at 11:47 AM

    They do a pretty good job of making that apparent...

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™