1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. madgernader

Posts by madgernader

  • MapCore Challenge Discussion (Old)

    • madgernader
    • January 25, 2011 at 3:15 AM
    Quote from Lunaran

    The Quake1 crowd had a contest about a year ago to design a single player map that was constrained on x and y to 768x768, but not limited in Z. Made for some cramped maps, so maybe 768 was a little low, and it'd be interesting to see maps constrained on 'any two axes', or even any single axis.

    That sounds like it could be really fun, especially with the vertical aspect...

    Otherwise the 1024 contest always seemed like it'd be fun, same with most of these ideas I'm hearing.

  • Duke Nukem Forever

    • madgernader
    • January 22, 2011 at 7:52 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    I'm not sure what you guys expected, maybe it's the long development time, but with me it's quite the opposite: I'm positively surprised that it comes out at all! I think the trailer is hilarious and they are making the best out of a game, whose development can only be described as an epic trainwreck. It doesn't look like it will be the next big leap in fps gaming, more like Duke 3D on steroids. Balls to the walls action coupled with Duke humour.

    This

  • Non-industry employment thread!

    • madgernader
    • January 21, 2011 at 9:38 PM

    I have the super sweet job of being a cashier for Safeway (a U.S. grocery store) in Washington state. Been working there part time for a couple years and going to college. No killer sentry programming in here, just some rocking customer service and selling stuff...

    It gets me an income and keeps me going so far, guess I cant complain, at least I'm employed...

  • Now playing 2010

    • madgernader
    • December 16, 2010 at 7:46 PM
    Quote from Jetsetlemming

    Modded Morrowind.

    Looks nice, can we get a list of mods you used...

  • Rio de Janeiro - nov 25 2010

    • madgernader
    • November 27, 2010 at 7:27 PM
    Quote from Minotauro

    they dispatched Duke Nukem to the war!!http://noticias.uol.com.br/album/201011 ... otoNav=164

    THATS where he's been all this time!

  • Now playing 2010

    • madgernader
    • November 9, 2010 at 2:04 AM

    Just beat final fantasy IX, got it off the psn, loved it. Time for some Star Ocean: First Departure

  • Bloody Good Time

    • madgernader
    • November 4, 2010 at 9:17 PM

    Multiplay only, it has an arcade mode with bots as a training mode sorta thing.

    *edit* Yes its like a fast paced, very arcady hitman I would say

  • Bloody Good Time

    • madgernader
    • November 4, 2010 at 5:59 PM

    In the hunt, (the main game-mode) it is separated into rounds, each round you are given a target (the name and portrait on screen).

    Your goal is to kill them before round end using weapons or traps without getting caught in the act. The catch is that you are also being hunted by another player, so you have to watch your own back.

    Each round different point values are assigned to different weapons (ones that got used the previous round drop in points) promoting people to change weapons.

    For killing your target and your hunter, you get points that go towards your overall score.

    Some rounds also have other objectives, I've played a Kill the leader where everyone has to kill the point leader. A regular deathmatch, and a zombie match, where one person is infected and by touching others infects them and you get points for surviving or infecting others.

    You also have a needs system of Eating, Sleeping, and using the restroom. You don't need to worry about these too often (depends on the server) but if you ignore them you start to have negative side effects, (Not sure what happens if they hit bottom) when you are filling these needs you cant move until the actions are complete so it leaves you open for an attack so it makes you plan on when to do them.

    I think I covered everything for the hunt and I hope it makes sense

  • Now playing 2010

    • madgernader
    • October 31, 2010 at 9:18 PM

    Neverwinter nights diamond came out on good old games for $10 so far its money well spent...

  • Bloody Good Time

    • madgernader
    • October 30, 2010 at 5:35 PM

    Just bought a copy on steam. Does the Xbox live version have split screen at all or is it purely one per system online/lan?

    I hope it does well, I loved the ship and have been awaiting a "sequel" for a long time.

  • Duke Nukem Forever

    • madgernader
    • October 12, 2010 at 11:44 PM

    Yea, PC and console versions of the Borderlands GOTY give early DNF demo access...

  • Halo Reach

    • madgernader
    • September 16, 2010 at 11:02 PM

    Yea, amazon had a $20 credit with purchase aswell, totally made it worth it.

  • Halo Reach

    • madgernader
    • September 14, 2010 at 11:18 PM

    Waiting for mine to show up with the mail... gunna pop it in and go straight to forge...

  • Now playing 2010

    • madgernader
    • September 12, 2010 at 3:06 AM
    Quote

    ":1j1eyang]I have still to finish SoC...

    Lol, same here... I just decided I need to start beating some of the games in my steam list. I picked up stalker on one of the $2 deals and just never got to it .

  • Now playing 2010

    • madgernader
    • September 12, 2010 at 1:27 AM

    Started playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. ShoC after installing the stalker complete 2009 mod, makes the game look soo much better. hopefully I'll be able to play it all the way through this time. What did you guys think of Clear Sky? is it worth picking up? (I think its $4 on amazon...)

  • Now playing 2010

    • madgernader
    • September 10, 2010 at 9:22 PM
    Quote from Jetsetlemming

    Somebody on my Steam friend's list gave me Red Orchestra for free and I just tried it and I don't like it. Now I feel bad. But it's super ugly and tanks are apparently invulnerable god vehicles dominating everything while when I drive them suddenly they're paper cars that explode on contact with anything. A tooltip popped up telling me to aim for the "seam between the tank and turret, or driver's window". But the tank models are pretty ugly and there's not much zoom to aiming with the tank, and none at all with the anti-tank rifle, so I couldn't see any of these things at all. Also once I found a Panzerfaust near the enemy team's base, but couldn't find any near my spawn. Also I totally missed with it and it just hit the ground and did nothing ten feet from the tank, which then shot me.

    Made my day

    but seriously, RO takes some getting used to. I never play the vehicle maps, I just load up infantry battles and its a lot of fun, especially with friends... but it is ugly.

  • Duke Nukem Forever

    • madgernader
    • September 7, 2010 at 11:20 PM

    I hope they release the trailer, it was awesome...

  • Duke Nukem Forever

    • madgernader
    • September 4, 2010 at 8:04 AM

    you can drawon the whiteboard and erase their plan even lol, my game of show for pax, worth the wait in line for the demo...

  • Limbo

    • madgernader
    • August 25, 2010 at 7:24 AM
    Quote from Bunglo

    You guys are talking about Limbo of the Lost, right?

    Everything I'm reading is comments like I loved it, so it must be...

  • Buying a new computational device!

    • madgernader
    • August 24, 2010 at 6:29 AM

    Is the hyperthreading and L3 cache really the only things that the i7 has over the i5? their whole i-series has me confused... I've got a core 2 quad at 2.83Ghz and I'm always just confused when trying to figure out why the i7's are so spendy...

    edit* when did newegg get the website facelift

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™