1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. madgernader

Posts by madgernader

  • Learning Hammer

    • madgernader
    • April 15, 2011 at 5:15 AM
    Quote from the0rthopaedicsurgeon

    I literally use this once for every map I make. everything else is a shift+drag copy, and if i need another cube and only have angled brushes, i clip the sides straight.

    another shortcut i only learned recently which is sometimes useful - hold space and drag to pan the 2d viewports. for years i've been zooming out and back in again to pan around, so that can save some time.

    Makes sense, I do the same a lot of the time.

    Nice find on the 2d view port thing, I also always zoomed in and out with the mouse to move it around never really thought about it.

  • Learning Hammer

    • madgernader
    • April 14, 2011 at 9:03 PM

    Shift + S: selection tool

    Shift + A: Face Edit (Texture alignment tool as called by minos)

    Shift + B: Block tool

    So far sounds like shortcuts are good to know

  • mikezilla spotted?!

    • madgernader
    • April 14, 2011 at 8:51 PM
    Quote

    My go-to Deus Ex strategy was to lure kids with candy, quietly execute them, and use their bodies as distractions for tougher enemies.

    I laughed...

  • What are you playing now?

    • madgernader
    • April 9, 2011 at 9:02 AM

    Picked up the Sly Collection, and I must say I'm having a lot of fun. I had never played a sly cooper game previous to this. I just finished the first one and am starting the second.

  • What are you playing now?

    • madgernader
    • April 4, 2011 at 5:46 AM

    Picked up White Knight Chronicles and Enslaved Odyssey to the West, not too far into either but so far I'm definitely enjoying both!

  • What are you playing now?

    • madgernader
    • March 31, 2011 at 5:19 AM

    Finished Uncharted 1 on crushing and got my platinum trophy. Now I'm back to mirror's edge to do speed runs and time trials...

    I've been in a trophy collecting mood recently, and least its cheaper then impulse buying more stuff...

  • What are you playing now?

    • madgernader
    • March 25, 2011 at 7:24 AM

    Just beat Uncharted 1 again, first time playing it post trophy patch, so I figured why not... Going to do the Crushing run this weekend probably...

  • CryEngine 3 - SDK ?

    • madgernader
    • March 22, 2011 at 6:59 AM
    Quote from Bunglo

    I actually don't know of any that are released.

    Mechwarrior Living Legends is the one I can think of off the top of my head... (as a total conversion)

  • Deus Ex 3

    • madgernader
    • March 21, 2011 at 9:00 PM
    Quote from Froyok

    A Crate : YES.

    A stool : NO.

    WTF??

    Your just not thinking like Adam Jenson...

    I don't think choices will be too limited, the demo area shown was small, I'm sure (hoping) that with larger maps comes more choices.

  • Prey

    • madgernader
    • March 17, 2011 at 8:28 AM

    Yea, the teaser didnt do much for me either.... I almost would have preferred a cheesy black screen that had some memorable quote from the game or something basically saying its back and then the logo... instead i got ugh....

  • What are you playing now?

    • madgernader
    • March 16, 2011 at 8:24 PM

    Beat Demon's Souls yesterday, and I've got to say the ending was terrible. Its a good thing I really enjoyed the gameplay, me and some friends are going to work on newgame+ tomorrow probably...

    Also playing Oblivion again. I'm surprised to say I enjoy it on xbox more than on PC... maybe its the achievements that keep me on some kind of path instead of getting completely distracted, bored, then starting over.

  • THE CUBE CHALLENGE: Rules and discussion

    • madgernader
    • March 5, 2011 at 3:32 AM

    Looks nice, I'll give it a shot when I get a chance, but from the images posted I'd say you should increase the radius of your light entities (image 4)... As it is now, it looks like two small lights instead of the whole tube giving off light.

  • probably doesn't interest many of you...

    • madgernader
    • March 2, 2011 at 7:43 PM

    didn't know this had a trailer, thanks for the post... Still not sure if this will be any good, but I read and enjoyed the book. The fountainhead was definitely better in my mind but atlas shrugged was good.

  • Anyone goin to NYC?

    • madgernader
    • February 28, 2011 at 7:28 AM
    Quote

    ":39izd745]That's why we destroyed it in Crysis2

    Just like that, problem solved

  • D3ads Portfolio

    • madgernader
    • February 27, 2011 at 7:50 AM

    Wow, my first read of the topic, and a lot of those shots look really cool. I'm agreeing with everyone else here and saying you should get back at it!

  • What are you playing now?

    • madgernader
    • February 24, 2011 at 2:51 AM
    Quote

    ":36ua3o31]I was doing that too when i had to give my borrowed copy back. need to buy it, game is fantastic.

    That it is, I got it when it came out, and beat it as a good guy and got halfway through an evil playthru and got burned out, came back to it a few days ago and now I'm pretty pumped for number 2.

  • What are you playing now?

    • madgernader
    • February 23, 2011 at 11:04 PM

    Just finished up my evil play-through of infamous to finally collect my first platinum trophy... Now on to 3D Dot Game Heroes.

  • What are you playing now?

    • madgernader
    • February 13, 2011 at 6:49 PM

    Got the gothic bundle on Impulse, so I'm playing me some gothic 2

  • messiah Studio 5 $10

    • madgernader
    • February 8, 2011 at 7:31 PM

    Any idea what their goal amount is or when this will end? All I see is their progress bar with no number indications or sale time frame...

  • Battlefield 3

    • madgernader
    • February 8, 2011 at 12:56 AM

    It doesn't show anything on your end until they accept, yea I think they should have used steam friends for it...

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™