1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. madgernader

Posts by madgernader

  • Dead Island

    • madgernader
    • September 6, 2011 at 6:21 AM

    Lots of issues posted on the steam forums. But I guess that's pretty normal, I mean if you have no problems why post on forums when you can play.

    if you hold y it enables no-clip apparently. XD

  • Small UDK Scene

    • madgernader
    • September 1, 2011 at 11:28 PM

    It's a start, looks a little too early for much criticisms.

    It might just be because its bare, but the grass texture looks like it could use some work, or some grass sprites to break up its flow. I'd say add a transitional texture for the waterline, something more sand/rocks and add some trees, make the whole thing look more appealing to the eyes. But that's just what I'd do for some design with this, Why not post some more explanation for what your goal is for the scene, maybe what your thoughts where when starting..

  • Space program coming to an end

    • madgernader
    • September 1, 2011 at 10:51 PM
    Quote

    ":66lldsb4]All we need is Douglas Quaid.

    Get your ass to mars!

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • madgernader
    • August 14, 2011 at 8:06 PM

    I played assault mostly in 1.6 at least, I loved it. Never really got into source, my internet didn't handle it so well.

  • Deus Ex 3

    • madgernader
    • August 13, 2011 at 9:20 PM

    Does EU get the augmented edition? I thought it was a US thing and EU got the collectors edition...

    I could be wrong though

  • What are you playing now?

    • madgernader
    • August 12, 2011 at 8:17 PM
    Quote from Sentura

    i really want to get a fightpad to start out with, but i want one with a usb cable, not wireless, and those things don't seem to exist for the PUSS3. the hori stick looks pretty cheap, but can it stand up to TE sticks?

    I got the MVC2 edition tournament fight stick for ma PUSS3 and its a usb cable... But they aren't the cheapest

  • Diablo 3

    • madgernader
    • August 3, 2011 at 1:25 AM
    Quote from Serenius

    How many people in rural areas actually do anything that involves the mental acuity necessary to do more than tip cows and drink moonshine for fun?

    I live in a rural area without access to highspeed internet unless I pay out the ass for satilite providers. currently my only form of internet is from my 3g cellphone.

    I dislike the new bnet system.

  • E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy has been released!

    • madgernader
    • August 1, 2011 at 7:18 AM
    Quote from Rick_D

    it reminds me of bloodlines: masquerade

    Lol, this is actually the game I thought of when I was talking about multiplayer that assumes you know your shit.

  • E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy has been released!

    • madgernader
    • July 31, 2011 at 10:07 PM
    Quote from Puddy

    Are you sure you want to ask Rick that?

    I know right, one of those things you ask then cower in the corner and hope the world doesn't end.

    Quote from Rick_D

    ok i was, as usual, a dick.i bought the game for co-op play only. but there's something up with the game, it only launches a server into lan, regardless of what setting you choose in the settings, so we had to use Tunngle to play together - no big deal but annoying considering we had to fuck around to get it working, and it lagged like fuck as well.

    the game also feels very much like a mod. for portal 2's coop it's simple to launch, obvious what to do, nicely designed etc. but the co-op here i wouldn't have known about unless it was advertised, there is no "co-op game" button or anything like that, along with the menu hud colour choices making it seem very amatuerish.

    also launching the game takes ages, 5 minutes to boot into the opening menu, presumably the random background screens.

    as for the game, i launched into the first map for co-op and was greeted with a sound effect like a fog horn that repeated itself ad infinitum, while i was presented with a sort of character creation screen. there's a lot of .. options, but they aren't very well explained, and you have to select an option before you are given an explanation of it, hard to explain but annoying to use.

    then you get dropped into the map and that's it, enjoy. weird enemies, unexplained plot, levels that don't make sense in terms of why we are there, overly dark lighting, HL2 turrets, combat that feels unfair even when on easy.

    also, controller support is a laughable misrepresentation. i turned it on and i could only use the left stick to move the player around ala goldeneye 64. fucking ludicrous.

    from what i could gather the production qualities are pretty good, everything looks ok, it seems like killing floor with swords. i want to try it again when i have my computer set up properly and there's been a patch or two.

    i would encourage people to buy it and try it out, support indies and support mapcorians. maybe i just expected too much.

    Display More

    All sounds like fair critiques, any idea if the single player has more setup and explanation tied into it? Sounds almost like some older rpg games I've been playing off gog, where in multiplay they assume you know what everything does from trying singleplay beforehand.

    The launch week discount isn't really a big one, so I might wait a couple weeks and see what kind of patches get sent out and pick it up then. Server population doesn't bother me much, if I'm going to play coop it'll be with friends.

    *edit* bumped to second page, included ricks actual quote

  • E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy has been released!

    • madgernader
    • July 31, 2011 at 9:03 PM
    Quote from Rick_D

    i am so underwhelmed i can't even be bothered. don't waste your money :S

    Want to post up a few of the things that ruined it for you? I'm still debating a purchase and would appreciate hearing someones negative thoughts on it.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • madgernader
    • July 29, 2011 at 8:59 PM
    Quote from dux

    That poster is totally worth the money I bought some new pants

    Oh shit, I'm jealous.

  • E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy has been released!

    • madgernader
    • July 29, 2011 at 8:18 PM
    Quote from Rick_D

    is it good?

    Rick_D: cutting through the bullshit and asking the questions people want to know

    *edit* Steam page says controller enabled, and local coop, its peaked my interest

  • What are you playing now?

    • madgernader
    • July 29, 2011 at 10:34 AM

    Picked up Batman: Arkam Asylum GOTY on the steam daily deal, and have sunk a lot of time into it so far. Loving it.

  • Deus Ex 3

    • madgernader
    • July 29, 2011 at 10:32 AM
    Quote from Sentura

    still not gonna touch another virtual platform other than steam.

    in this case they just give you a steam key, so its really not using another platform...

    I know the feeling though, I hate having my games split among platforms, but I go where the sales take me.

  • Deus Ex 3

    • madgernader
    • July 29, 2011 at 8:46 AM

    they email a steam key, I don't know if steam keys are region locked though :neutral:

    *edit* - looks like its not just a US site, you can register a European account and all $ amounts go to euros, not sure what the price becomes though.

  • Deus Ex 3

    • madgernader
    • July 29, 2011 at 8:13 AM

    Got a copy of the augmented edition for $40 from GreenManGaming using this coupon code at checkout

    Code
    FACEB-JULY4-20PEC

    I read online the code is good until August 1st if anyone's interested.

    They just send you a key when the game is released kind of thing and you register it on steam.

    If anyone else is interested they also have a referal system, that if you use the referral link to register and spend at least $5 we both get $5 in credit *shameless plug to get some cash*

    http://%7boption%7d

    The code works for 20% off anything on the site, so the regular edition of the game is available for $34 if you don't want the extra stuff.

  • Deus Ex 3

    • madgernader
    • July 29, 2011 at 7:24 AM

    thats excellent news. I'm not one of the people bothered by the low FOV in games but I do prefer higher and I do like having a say as to what it is. I need to get on preordering this shit! Too bad only europe gets the "collectors" edition, but I guess it saves me money. Augmented it is!

  • Silent Hill HD Collection

    • madgernader
    • July 27, 2011 at 7:40 PM

    I played a demo for the room if you want to count that as playing silent hill. Other then that, I never had a ps2 so I never played the games

    I'll probably pick up the HD collection and the ps1 classic of the original and be good to go.

  • Silent Hill HD Collection

    • madgernader
    • July 27, 2011 at 2:47 AM
    Quote from dux

    I've never played a silent hill game.

  • Call of Juarez: The Cartel

    • madgernader
    • July 21, 2011 at 7:21 AM

    This came out the other day, on 360 at least. Anyone play it yet? seems to have gotten some low reviews. I'm going to wait and pick up a pc copy when it releases personally, but I'm interested to hear some peoples thoughts...

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™