1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. madgernader

Posts by madgernader

  • Firenes, the tool of the slacker from the future

    • madgernader
    • October 14, 2008 at 2:43 AM
    Quote from Minotauro

    Amazine, now I can play Bionic Commando anywhere.

    My thoughts exactly... Except not really, but now I'm stealing your idea.

  • Quake Live Beta

    • madgernader
    • October 13, 2008 at 11:58 PM
    Quote

    ":3iqslcz6]my quake live awesome graphicz(it's a custom config btw, so don't get scared! Who plays q3 for the graphics, anyways?)

    [Blocked Image: http://i34.tinypic.com/mwcd1e.jpg]

    I'm having a blast with this game, as soon as this thing go officially public, it's gonna be the frag era all over again, the king is back baby!

    Dude that's awesome looking! Is that a config that one could use with regular Quake 3? Since I didn't get into the beta *cry* I may pick up the ID super pack off steam thus having Quake 3 (And all the other ID games I don't own) in need of some visual mods

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • madgernader
    • August 20, 2008 at 5:31 AM
    Quote

    ":27i9dcpl][Blocked Image: http://www.bioniccommando.com/img/site/resources/305_content_lightbox.jpg]

    and I also just recently picked up Kane & Lynch, I found it for $20 clearance so I grabbed it. its definitely got some issues, but I still think its an awesome game.

  • Under Siege - PSN

    • madgernader
    • August 20, 2008 at 5:25 AM
    Quote from hessi

    Can you ask Doug why he never replied to my e-mails?

    Can you punch any Valve Employee in his/her face? They didn't reply to my emails either.

    I must just be loved more, cause they replied to me before, even answered questions I had about the company (I was doing a school project on game design)

    Altho I did have to find the right chain of people to send it to in order to get a responce.. for example, I couldnt send anything straight to Gabe or it would be lost forever...

  • Crysis Warhead teaser site launched!

    • madgernader
    • August 17, 2008 at 6:19 PM

    Wow, I'm surprised you haven't seen a price drop... I picked up my copy of crysis last week for $36 new vs the $50 price tag when it came out...

  • Go! Go! Go! Bionic [Commando: Rearmed]!

    • madgernader
    • August 17, 2008 at 6:46 AM

    Awesome game, I just bought it off the PSN, and I must say its quite fun. Although I never played the original to get most of the nostalgia, I'm still really enjoying it. my only complaint is they didn't explain how to hack very well, (or at all) past a free trial and error room that I just messed with until i figured it out. Great job people at Grin, Hopefully this is a sign that the next gen version is going to rock!

  • Quake Live Beta

    • madgernader
    • August 17, 2008 at 6:35 AM

    Oh sad face I didnt get a beta key...

    Oh well, I would have only tried it to see how bad it was over 56k... but i can guess that it definitely wouldn't be good.

  • Geforce : Force Within

    • madgernader
    • August 12, 2008 at 11:05 PM

    Nice! what perfect timing for me. I just bought myself a 8800GTX (found it on sale for a nice price) so now I get even more value!

    Do you need multiple cards or can it work on just one? For games like UT3 for example that could use a physics card for stuff will my one gfx card do graphics and physics or would I need a second card to dedicate to physics for in games and stuff?

  • Crysis Map ~ Operation Codename: Vulcano

    • madgernader
    • August 7, 2008 at 2:56 AM
    Quote

    "]Thanks guys!Sandbox tutorials, the thought already crossed my mind, I'll think about it!

    Man that looks awesome! you should definitely do some tutorials or gives tips on how you learned the editor. Ive always wanted to do more with sandbox, but the original didn't have much documentation, and good tutorials were hard to find. in the end the best partial help I found was some 3dbuzz video tutorials before they updated their site and didn't include the videos, so I only know basic stuff for cryengine 1, all tho they are quite similar (1 and 2 i mean).

    Anyways Top notch Ace work on the map and congrats on winning, once I buy crysis with my new pc Ill definitely play it!

  • Xbox developer killed in murder-suicide

    • madgernader
    • August 4, 2008 at 5:55 AM
    Quote

    ":2bacmdh1]it's just like, I am so used of reading stories like this on a daily basis, I just can't find it shocking anymore!Seriously, that's why I don't watch the news anymore, I'd rather watch a horror movie on dinner time than watch the news on TV.

    Dude I know just what you mean, that's why I cant stand watching the news is its always so depressing...

    More on topic, That really is awful, and I agree a lot of these murder suicides do seem really lame and selfish, just because one person cant take it they have to end it for someone who probably was managing just fine.

  • Good luck Arttu :D

    • madgernader
    • July 22, 2008 at 4:48 AM
    Quote from skdr

    Anyone from Seattle? I'm visiting downtown Bellevue this week. Just landed here.Oh and thanks guys

    I don't live in Seattle, but I live about 2 hours from it =/

    Now that I think about it I need to try and get in contact with the valve guys again, I had a tour of their building lined up when I was in school, but couldn't get a day that I could go when they'd be open . But hey, that's what summers are for.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • madgernader
    • July 22, 2008 at 4:08 AM
    Quote from PogoP

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/PogoP/638645031_f85679ae8c.jpg]

    Lol that is awesome, where did you find that at? I might have to pick one up myself...

  • EU / US Power Cables

    • madgernader
    • July 19, 2008 at 5:40 AM

    What are the benefits of having the higher voltage plugs? I'd imagine that there must be something , but I can also imagine its probably nothing too big since neither side has started to move towards the others solution...

    and Yes I knew about the switch on the back (although until recently I didn't know what that was for) but my new PSU supports either without the switch, so no biggie.

  • EU / US Power Cables

    • madgernader
    • July 19, 2008 at 4:31 AM

    Ok, so I recently bought a power supply for my PC, and I put it all in and look at the power cable only to be struck with a WTF moment when I see that its what I later found out to be a European cable... So this is pretty much useless to me, and it has left me wondering, why do the US and Europe have different power cables? Why cant they just standardize it? because I could see this kind of thing pissing off a traveler that doesn't know about it, and goes to plug in a laptop or something and just cant without forking out the dough for a new cable / adapter.

    If someone wouldn't mind enlightening me that would rock, because until this point I didn't even know there was a different cable, I never had to check.

  • WoW is 500x better when you're dead.

    • madgernader
    • July 17, 2008 at 10:50 PM
    Quote from JamesL

    One reason I always preferred GuildWars over WoW was the way you could slap on the right set of skills and run around pretty much the entire world without ever doing more than a couple of the main storyline missions. There are actually few physical barriers between the different areas of the game. I always found running myself and taxi-ing other people about the world and checking out all the environments as much fun as any of the actual missions.

    Sounds almost just like what I did, I owned all 3 of the games, and only ever actually beat the story of the first one, and spent the rest of the time running people between towns for cash and exploring the world (for the looks and for the title ) But Ive gotten bored with the game since then, all my friends quit it aswell so now I'm waiting for the sequel to come out.

  • Meeting?

    • madgernader
    • July 17, 2008 at 2:50 AM
    Quote from PogoP

    If it was in the UK, I'd go!

    Thats about how I feel

  • RAGE

    • madgernader
    • July 15, 2008 at 7:00 PM
    Quote from Erratic

    I'm trying to think of the last time id made a bad game...

    ...

    ...

    ...

    Oh right, never.

    So very True

    I'm pumped for Rage, even if the game is meh (although I hope its great) I think modding for IDTech5 would be AWESOME it reminds me a lot of farcry / crysis in terms of the tincturing which is awesome!MegaTextures seem like they would be awesome as well, so much detail into nearly everything. :drools:

  • WANTED (film)

    • madgernader
    • July 14, 2008 at 7:28 AM
    Quote

    ":1086sksx]

    ah ah, that was so impossible, and.. awesome!

    Way to loose the spoiler tags in the process HP totally ruin the movie for everyone else...

    Nah I'm just joking with ya, I just went and saw it, and it was about what I expected, but did have its moments that it pulled off well, and turned out to be a pretty good action flick.

  • Using CSS content in a HL2 mod

    • madgernader
    • July 12, 2008 at 11:24 PM

    Yea I know what you mean, Source was awful to setup the coding environment for, Don't forget the DirectX sdk as you'll need that too

  • Wal-Mar lets PS3 cat out-o-bag or do we believe/care?

    • madgernader
    • July 10, 2008 at 8:23 PM

    Whats Sony doing? This many system changes really isn't helping sales too much and if anything is lowering peoples expectations from the system. After they pulled the 80gig system with Motorstorm from shelves, some knew it was to build up demand for them along with the MGS4 bundle, but when I went to various stores, Gamestop / Walmart etc. they said that the 80gig systems had a critical flaw with them and got recalled... now Ive never heard anything about those problems from any ps3 owners I know, so if anything Sony is just hurting their sales with the guy that's on the fence, unable to decide which he wants to get...

    Although after reading the article, my guess now is that its just going to add in dual shock to the bundle in which case that's OK by me

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™