1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. madgernader

Posts by madgernader

  • Now Playing/completed thread 2009

    • madgernader
    • May 13, 2009 at 6:30 AM

    Lol lucky, I couldn't beat crysis, I got to

    Quote

    Where I was supposed to clear an LZ for an evac after heading down river, where you get attacked by korean super suit guys. But after I killed them all nothing happened...

    So since then I've reinstalled my PC but haven't installed crysis again because I don't really want to play to that part again...

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • madgernader
    • May 10, 2009 at 11:45 PM

    Amazon?

    I'm assuming that's what you mean...

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • madgernader
    • May 10, 2009 at 9:33 PM
    Quote from Cybbe

    You really should play Quake 4. It's not a bad game at all. It's really linear, but it's action packed and the story's great. I played it through twice myself.

    Oh i definitely will, just waiting for it to arrive, and working on finishing doom 3. (Its soo much better with a good sound setup ) I also nabbed a copy of the collectors edition of Prey on PC which again I had heard good things about just never played. So it looks like I got a lot of idtech 4 on my hands...

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • madgernader
    • May 9, 2009 at 7:24 PM
    Quote

    ":2tpmflec][Blocked Image: http://www.bookshop.gfu.net/AxCMSTemplates_GFU/pics/products/0240810619.jpg]A colleague of mine bought this book, I gave it a quick look and fount it very interesting and educative.

    I got that book awhile back as well and it is actually pretty good... I didn't think it would be as it was a "3d modeling for games" so I expected it to be like the hundreds of programming books out there that are really lackluster but sell because they teach you something about games, But I was happily wrong.

    I went out and decided to buy Doom 3+ROE and the Quake 4 Collectors edition (Quake 2 forever!). I had doom3 before but somewhere along the line i lost it... so I found a pack of it plus expansion for cheap. Quake 4 I had just never played, and I couldn't miss out on getting quake 2 plus mission packs for cheap. ($20 on amazon )

  • The Emotional cost of bad reviews

    • madgernader
    • April 28, 2009 at 5:34 AM
    Quote from Mazy

    Well, I think its a terrible game :G

    I actually liked Kane and Lynch... after I played the demo, I saw the cover system really was bad, but I liked the overall game, and I must say it was a blast until I got stuck and haven't figured out how to beat the level I'm on...

    Quote

    The Level with Kane's daughter and the dumptruck, before I even know whats happening I lose because she dies...

  • PC racing wheels

    • madgernader
    • April 10, 2009 at 10:20 PM

    I got the xbox 360 racing wheel, I havnt gotten the adapter yet as Im not sure about a racing game on pc, wheel or not, but I like it for consoles, and the adapter to use it on pc is only about $20 and when I got the wheel I got a free copy of PGR3

  • Under Siege - PSN

    • madgernader
    • April 10, 2009 at 10:18 PM

    That does look tight, I'm pumped to see more

  • RAGE

    • madgernader
    • March 24, 2009 at 3:17 AM

    I'm so pumped for rage to come out its ridiculous...

  • SDK for Crysis Warhead Out Now

    • madgernader
    • March 22, 2009 at 5:03 AM

    Most likely not, seeing as Warhead/Wars is/seems to be very updated engine from Crysis (seeing as they haven't done a patch to make Crysis run as well as warhead ) Most likely this will only be for wars...

    I just finished reading the whole release thread, and about half way in people start getting a little mad at Crytek for making the editor for Wars and not for Warhead, and not releasing all the Warhead content along with it. Even though they explain why in the first post people went as far as saying "We bought the software we're entitled to this" pretty much, it was a good read and really surprised me that some people could just argue about everything and not be happy about what free additions they got...

    My only disappointment is that I didn't really like Crysis Wars for the little bit that I played it, But now that the SDK is out I'll be watching for some nice mods to come for it.

  • SDK for Crysis Warhead Out Now

    • madgernader
    • March 21, 2009 at 5:50 PM
    Quote from Buddy

    Its improved, read the changelog.

    Lol Orly

  • making money with custom maps !?

    • madgernader
    • March 21, 2009 at 5:44 PM

    Sounds good! I'm always open to more stuff, Only reason I had been thinking Torque was because of all the license options and price, so when I made it to a release I could get a license and port over to other platforms if I got to that point. I haven't really had too big of look at the Torque engine, only used their demos and fiddled with the map editor, as the rest of the stuff is locked away unless you buy it, and I sure didn't want to buy something I wont even really touch for awhile...

  • making money with custom maps !?

    • madgernader
    • March 21, 2009 at 5:37 AM

    Lol, well I'm coming into this one a bit late, but I would have to agree with the Go Indie remarks. That's my plan, once I'm through College, I'm getting a Torque Engine license and making a indie title... Do I have any idea if it will make me any money? no, but like others have said its fun doing what you like, and if you want to try and make the big bucks you need to do something. That and being indie allows for all that creative freedom

  • Resident Evil 5

    • madgernader
    • March 16, 2009 at 3:33 AM

    I got it and beat it yesterday (Picked it up noon-ish launch day and beat it about 2 am) with a couple breaks in between it took me and a buddy playing split screen about 11 hours to beat). Overall I think it was worth it. It played very much like RE4, although I wish it had more quicktime events, I remember in RE4 u couldn't even set the controller down in fear of needing it. Mercenaries is as fun as ever and the ability to play it with a friend made it even more fun! I kind of wish the final few boss fights were a bit more clear as to what needed to be done, We failed so many times before we could figure it out...

    As for the partner AI eating ammo

    Quote

    You can unlock unlimited ammo for any weapon it seems by fully upgrading it and playing a second playthru of the campaign. Works great if you played coop first. Now Sheva just uses the starter pistol fully upgraded and never whines about ammo

  • Left 4 Dead

    • madgernader
    • January 3, 2009 at 12:14 AM

    I have an 8800GTX using the 180.48 drivers and L4D plays fine, no slowdowns or other problems here...

  • Nintendo DS Games

    • madgernader
    • January 1, 2009 at 9:31 PM

    Lol, I also just got a DS about a week ago. I only got 2 games but I highly recommend both. The already stated Advance Wars: Days of Ruin is great if you like those kind of strategy games and is very similar to the other games in the series (I had advance wars 2 on GBA). By other recommendation if you haven't played the game before is Chrono Trigger. I had played it some before, but the fact that its out on DS and thus portable makes it great.

    I also recently ordered Contra 4, which is a great game if your up for an oldschool challenge. The fact that it also has contra and super contra as unlockables makes it even better.

  • Killzone 2

    • madgernader
    • December 8, 2008 at 6:19 AM
    Quote from Mazy

    Well it was alright as a launch title I guess, but it never really broke free from the fact that it wouldn't have been even slightly interesting if it hadn't been a launch title.

    Ouch... I liked Resistance, did it have problems? Of course but overall I liked it. The story I felt was was way better then halo2/3 or gears. Granted I didnt like gears at all and played coop for the dialogue humor and halo while very polished overall went downhill alot after the original.

  • Playstation Home 1.0 Beta

    • madgernader
    • November 26, 2008 at 10:35 PM

    Any one else get in? I some how managed to get a key and it seems cool but there isnt much availabe aside from bowling, chess, and game trailers. But it does got alot of social interactions availble

  • Coop

    • madgernader
    • November 2, 2008 at 11:26 PM
    Quote from Jetsetlemming

    Kane and Lynch didn't have coop? I thought that was pretty much the whole point.

    The main game had coop, and it was great fun, but from the sound of it, Zacker means the DLC that came out for the game contained levels/gameplay that didn't include it (I'm not sure, I haven't checked it out...)

  • Gaming on ipod touch

    • madgernader
    • November 2, 2008 at 11:22 PM

    Psh ipod touch gaming... I only got an Ipod photo, so I pass the time playing doom, that's all I need for portable ipod gaming.

  • Quake Live Beta

    • madgernader
    • October 15, 2008 at 4:01 AM
    Quote

    ":38u0z5gn]madgernader, i know It's awesome, but have you read my post? I said It's a custom config! Obviously, the game doesn't look like that!Just like Defrag said, I use picmip 10!

    Sorry, I wasn't too clear in my original post. What I meant was is this kind of custom config possible with retail Quake 3. I knew the game didn't look like that silly. I also haven't owned or really played quake 3 (aside from some demo rounds and I tried out open arena) so I didn't know about said command or any Q3 commands for that matter. But if that's all it is then that's really cool! Thanks for the tip Defrag.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™