1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. madgernader

Posts by madgernader

  • Bionic Commando now on PC

    • madgernader
    • August 2, 2009 at 7:14 AM

    I bought it on 360 a few days back, I'm really enjoying it. Although I was a bit bummed that I couldn't get a ps3 version (bought from a local shop that wasn't getting any more copies in) as I already have rearmed on ps3, and I don't know if the linkability is worth another $10..

    I agree on the radiation too, its really bad when there's collectibles right on the edge so you die attempting to collect them

  • One of those topics (advice)

    • madgernader
    • July 27, 2009 at 7:21 AM

    What kind of stuff should someone do trying to go with the gameplay/scripting side?

    My first thought would be doing stuff like interactive scenes where its not as visually pleasing but has alot backing it doing stuff like ai routines and weather/lighting, and that kind of behind the scenes scripting stuff... But thats just me trying to describe it in my head. I'm just starting college in a couple months so I got time to hope for a market turnaround but I definitely want to build up more skills in the mean time.

  • Underrated Games

    • madgernader
    • July 22, 2009 at 5:33 AM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    Ahhh Chris Taylor, not hearing a whole lot from him these days

    I would assume he's working on Supreme Commander 2, seeing as the first one was so good...

  • RAGE

    • madgernader
    • July 19, 2009 at 8:25 AM

    God I want this game to come out.

    The august issue of Game Informer featured RAGE as its cover story and at the end of the article gives the password "General Cross" for use on the after the impact site to get more info on RAGE...

    Also mentioned in the article is Carmack saying

    Quote

    "I actually have a technical plan for us to be able to leverage the id tech 5 pipeline on the iPhone. If people dont mind downloading half a gig or so, we can make something that looks really freaking incredible."

    IDTech 5 for Iphone = Win in my book

  • Penn&teller Bullshit - VIDEO GAMES

    • madgernader
    • July 14, 2009 at 7:01 PM
    Quote

    ":1ymrfas6]Damn, really? lol... I was 17!

    Weirdo

    14 Here at least for doing something and not just thinking it would be cool, I agree Ive grown up playing games both violent and not so and it hasn't made me unstable or want to do real damage in the real world. If anything its relaxing, just throw on some headphones and just do something else, forget what was stressing me out before so that I can come back in like and hour and look at it fresh...

  • How do i make a rat map?

    • madgernader
    • July 11, 2009 at 8:03 AM
    Quote from Jetsetlemming

    Boom, custom hover tank!

    Lol Awesome

  • How do i make a rat map?

    • madgernader
    • July 5, 2009 at 8:50 AM

    just make everything big, like when you go to make a door, instead of having it be 56x112 or whatever the dimensions are just make them bigger but keep the ratio, so 112x224 for twice the size 168x336 for three times etc. the player size doesnt change at all the map just has gigantic things in it.

  • Gaikai

    • madgernader
    • July 4, 2009 at 6:57 AM

    http://us.blizzard.com/support/article. ... leId=20590

    Quote

    the application will detect your internet connection speed and, if your connection meets minimum requirements, you will automatically download the "streaming" World of Warcraft game client. If your connection speed is below the minimum requirement, you will be prompted to download the full game

    I'm assuming that's what Zacker meant. So if the got the tubes then you can stream, although you'd still need a pc, but really for WoW that isn't too hard.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • madgernader
    • June 17, 2009 at 6:06 PM

    From the look of your MS paint line, it would appear that your "room" is placed under the bridge... Are you hiding something from us? Is this "room" a little shack under the bridge?

    Lol JK sounds like a sweet place to live, the picture sells the location.

  • Suggestion for a new subforum

    • madgernader
    • June 17, 2009 at 12:42 AM
    Quote from tofu

    So who's in charge of making the final yay or nay? Too many forum admin colours to keep track of =)

    See what happens when things get split into too many options

  • Uncharted 2 - Among Thieves

    • madgernader
    • June 13, 2009 at 7:38 AM

    Must have just been the download servers, Got it all patched up and played a few rounds tonight and its a blast. It plays just like the single player in the first one, your running around diving into cover blind firing and throwing grenades. The Plunder game mode was good fun as well, its basically one flag ctf. A treasure spawns in the map and you take it to your base. but when carrying it you can only use your pistol and you run slower/cant grab ledges. So you can throw the treasure to get it up on ledges or over to a teammate. It had a ranking system all up and going for the matchmaking where your rank was based on money earned in missions by scoring points (go figure) and you get bonus points for earning various medals, (some I can think of off hand are melee kills, killing a treasure carrier, that sort of thing)

  • Uncharted 2 - Among Thieves

    • madgernader
    • June 12, 2009 at 12:06 AM

    I attempted to try it. But the update download would freeze at random spots. It wasn't even that big (14megs) I had the same issue with LBP patches and I don't know if the servers were just swamped or what was going on...

  • Looking for a new screen

    • madgernader
    • June 7, 2009 at 7:39 AM

    Lol, well it aint no 43 inch, but I've got a Samsung Syncmaster 2443bwx, its 24 inch and claims a 20,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio... I got it for like $350 it only has DVI and VGA, but I just bought the xbox VGA cables and a HDMI to DVI adapter for the playstation and I'm set, I just swap my pc into the slot I'm not using pretty much. I love it though, everything looks so nice, but then again I came from a 17 inch Sony triniton CRT that weighed enough to be filled with cement...

  • Uncharted 2 - Among Thieves

    • madgernader
    • June 6, 2009 at 8:04 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    Completely and utterly surpassed MW2 as my most anticipated game of 2009 after I saw the Sony conference demo + new trailer. Now I really feel like a damn foo for not getting the collectors edition of inFamous with a beta key (Although I'm still not totally sold on the multiplayer tbh)

    inFamous had a collectors edition? I just pre-ordered and picked up my copy and it had a code in it...

  • Help! Need new GPU (and maybe PSU?)

    • madgernader
    • May 31, 2009 at 6:48 PM

    Well my PSU is a PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750 Watt, and its been working perfectly. It also has a +12VDC @ 60A which is a huge single rail, which I think (don't quote me) is better then dual rails, especially cause many of them are very bad.

    As for the GPU I've got an Nvidia 8800GTX so I'm not considered to have one of the new gfx cards I guess, but its still a powerhouse, so Id recommend a 9800GTX as its the same card with improved cooling. But I'm sure others will come in here and talk about the new GTX line of cards (I don't know enough to recommend them.) and someone will come saying go buy ATI anyways...

  • Rumour: Mass layoffs hit Grin?!!

    • madgernader
    • May 29, 2009 at 4:36 AM

    Man that's a bummer... Seems kind of strange to just lay off the new guys, but I've never worked in a studio so I don't know any of the common practices. Best of luck to anyone affected, I'll hope for the best

  • Now Playing/completed thread 2009

    • madgernader
    • May 20, 2009 at 5:19 AM

    I've been playing some Killing Floor Its great for some pick up and play a round kind of thing which is great. I also just picked up Fable 2 last weekend and have been thoroughly enjoying that one.

    I must agree that doom3 does still look very good for its age, although I really need to find a sound mod to make the guns not sound so weak...

  • Mass Effect 2

    • madgernader
    • May 16, 2009 at 5:48 AM
    Quote

    ":11ffc4m8]I really gotta give Mass Effect another go on this PC... I quitted after a few minutes, after my old PC show very poor performance with this game.

    I'm still mad at myself for buying ME on pc... I had it freeze my pc countless times, resulting in having to use the restart button, In the end I beat it though and am really excited for the sequel...

  • Killing Floor

    • madgernader
    • May 16, 2009 at 5:44 AM
    Quote from dux

    Unreal 2004, It's by the guys who made Red Orchestra

    Well, more of a "made by a mod team picked up by tripwire" seeing as the game had multiple releases out as a mod, and got picked up after the lead was asking tripwire devs about making it a RO mod, and they liked the game...

    I bought it, but it has to update so I haven't got to play it yet (56k)... It angers me that after my preload is complete and I decrypt the files it decides it needs another 5%

  • Help me build a new PC!

    • madgernader
    • May 13, 2009 at 6:49 AM

    I've got a Core2Quad, 4gigs of OCZ ram and an 8800GTX, I have yet to hit any performance killer, (except crysis but even that I play at high specs) Id say go for the core2quads, with the i7 out they are dropping in price, and really it isnt that big of difference, except you don't get tri-channel ram, but I haven't hit the limit of my 4 gigs yet (xp 32bit) I'd also suggest an Nvidia card, I've had way to many issues with ATI to ever recommend them.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™