1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. ^Slick

Posts by ^Slick

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • ^Slick
    • June 17, 2007 at 8:33 PM
    Quote from Warby

    desperately trying to not suck

    I hate you. ><

    Damn you and your skill!

    /me shakes fist!

  • Tablet help

    • ^Slick
    • June 17, 2007 at 6:01 PM

    I've got a Wacom Graphire and I love it, I prefer it over a mouse any day. I think they are all pressure sensitive and some are angle sensitive as well. I love it.

  • RadioactiveToast

    • ^Slick
    • June 17, 2007 at 1:09 PM

    Reminds me of Soldat.

    Looking sexy, you seem to be a good artist.... and i hate you for it. =)

  • Quake 4 - Method's Hideout (WIP)

    • ^Slick
    • June 17, 2007 at 10:39 AM

    I think I'll install Q4 and do me some mappingz.

    Always good to try out new editors, it can't be as bad as UnrealEd

  • Quake 4 - Method's Hideout (WIP)

    • ^Slick
    • June 17, 2007 at 12:27 AM

    I see, I've never really seen it as I am a Source mapper. Thanks for the info.

    Looks very sexy though, out of curiosity, how much of that is actually custom content?

  • Quake 4 - Method's Hideout (WIP)

    • ^Slick
    • June 16, 2007 at 9:09 PM

    How do you map for Quake 4, by your statement about polys I am guessing a modeling program?

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • ^Slick
    • June 16, 2007 at 6:31 PM

    I on the otherhand, love it!

  • Hammer: lighting preview after EP2

    • ^Slick
    • June 16, 2007 at 1:55 PM
    Quote from Defrag

    The 8 light limit is only for the fixed function pipeline -- you can sum up a zillion lights using shaders (though obviously it'll cost you). I'm not really bothered what they do, as long as it's fairly fast to render and gives a good indication of the final result.

    I argee, looking forward to it in my opinion.

  • Hammer: lighting preview after EP2

    • ^Slick
    • June 14, 2007 at 4:13 PM

    Somthing extra to look forward too in the Orange Box.

  • I. Videogame

    • ^Slick
    • June 13, 2007 at 8:37 PM

    I've found the first episode but I'd like to watch more. Anybody got links?

  • Completed Gecko Textures

    • ^Slick
    • June 12, 2007 at 10:25 PM

    I am loving the bumps and normals on that. I knew the Source engine could do some stuff but the Bumps on that are very good. Smexy.

  • id's new game / engine

    • ^Slick
    • June 12, 2007 at 10:24 PM

    I cant actually get any lesbians so instead I cry:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.mapcore.net/forums/images/avatars/771643859466e91367f080.jpg]

  • Zbrush 3.0

    • ^Slick
    • June 12, 2007 at 9:07 PM

    I'd like to see some opinions on mudbox vs ZB3.

    =)

  • id's new game / engine

    • ^Slick
    • June 12, 2007 at 9:01 PM

    Yeah, I'm really not impressed with this. Looks like Doom3, except... outside.

  • The random model thread!

    • ^Slick
    • May 19, 2007 at 11:21 AM

    Mapping is all about crate placement. ^^

  • The random model thread!

    • ^Slick
    • May 16, 2007 at 11:01 PM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    if its for source, that would be a bad idea

    Why would that be bad?

  • The random model thread!

    • ^Slick
    • May 16, 2007 at 9:22 PM
    Quote from Minotauro

    Like.. where ? I don't like merging vertexes together cause it results in triangular shapes and I don't like working with triangular shapes.

    Rick_D: Yeah, I'll add a huge exhaust and a blower with the polys left.

    The main and most obveous place would be the large seam along the middle.

  • The random model thread!

    • ^Slick
    • May 16, 2007 at 6:18 PM

    I don't think I have any back facing, this model started with one single plane.

  • The random model thread!

    • ^Slick
    • May 16, 2007 at 4:32 PM

    Thanks, I should be fine with a 2500-ish pistol.

  • The random model thread!

    • ^Slick
    • May 16, 2007 at 4:19 PM

    Even after smoothing it that section looks exactly the same.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™