1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. clankill3r

Posts by clankill3r

  • The Easter eggs Topic

    • clankill3r
    • December 16, 2014 at 2:11 PM

    I was cleaning up my dropbox and came across a screenshot of a map where I had a great easter egg.


    I remember during a playtest, I asked people to find the easter egg and no one found it



    Anyone else great easter eggs / secrets in maps?

  • HATRED

    • clankill3r
    • December 16, 2014 at 1:27 PM

    I think it is censorship from valve. But I don't mind, the game can still be released in other ways. Al thought i'm not interested in the game anyway

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • clankill3r
    • December 16, 2014 at 1:11 PM

    I love warowl's channel. I learned a lot from it.

    I really like this video (also from a mapper's perspective)


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    Since then I knew sometimes while spectating who would win the fight

  • Mappers block?

    • clankill3r
    • December 16, 2014 at 1:05 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    Or buy a fashionable item in the official MapCore store for +10 inspiration!


    That is cool I will get the blue one with only the logo soon

  • Games W.I.P Thread

    • clankill3r
    • December 16, 2014 at 1:01 PM
    Quote from TheOnlyDoubleF

    And here's our little trailer!


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.


    Looks cool! The only thing I didn't like is that there is not a single failed attempt in the video.

  • Mappers block?

    • clankill3r
    • December 16, 2014 at 10:02 AM

    I think the most important thing is to not force yourself to mapping.

  • Mappers block?

    • clankill3r
    • December 16, 2014 at 8:13 AM

    Don't map for a a lot of years, worked for me


    Did you playtest what you was working on? That might inspire?

  • [CS:GO] Need help making map bigger

    • clankill3r
    • December 16, 2014 at 4:20 AM

    No pc atm, else I would

  • what was your favourite / most inspiring map

    • clankill3r
    • December 15, 2014 at 9:45 PM
    Quote from Vaya

    change to an office. No one cares about office workers

    haha


    What if I make an abandoned school overgrown with plants? I love in the Netherlands, no shooting at schools so far.


    Quote from Deh0lise

    I don't recall it, mind link/name? :$


    The first one is ts_supertimor. Second one is ts_Kissmeyerbasic, both made by mazy.


    Here is a nice video with ts_supertimor at start and 1 min 15 (not best video):

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    I really liked ts_supertimor. My favourite map from ts was ts_hammertime, it had really great z-play in it.


    [Blocked Image: http://specialists-zpl.at.ua/TS3Info/TS3MAPS/ts_hammertime.jpg]


    ESToomere

    I loved that part. Specially when they kick in the door. And the part where you get knocked out. In the video he already broke the stair on his way down. I didn't had that so after the 2 door confrontations I tried to run back on the stairs . Damn my hard was pounding

  • what was your favourite / most inspiring map

    • clankill3r
    • December 15, 2014 at 4:38 PM

    I want to make a school map for cs and I think office is good inspiration

  • what was your favourite / most inspiring map

    • clankill3r
    • December 15, 2014 at 3:11 PM

    For me it was dod_avalanche for goldsrc.

    The gameplay on it was really amazing. And it learned me valuable lessons in mapping.

    Like how height influence gameplay. The power of mapping under 45degrees. How good broken stuff can look.

    The power of a good layout. And that you should not be inspired by dod if you map for a deathmatch mod in a matrix style setting


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    What is yours and why? Footage prefered.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • clankill3r
    • December 15, 2014 at 12:36 PM
    Quote from jackophant

    I don't understand the CSGO community, the majority (or a very loud minority) seem to despise change.


    I've heard so much hate for the new train. Personally I think it's a nice direction, my only confusion is the slight TF2ishness of it and the slightly out of place "high-tech" tunnel area, which others have picked up on.


    I think it's a good update, apply a thick layer of gameplay to a map that was being held together with new technologies from when the game played very differently before.


    Apart from the TF2 style in some places I really like the update. Also they community should be glad that A. cs:go is such a cheap game, B: valve is still supporting it.

    I don't get people in general those days

    Specially the day-z community, it says like everywhere when you buy it "Warning Early Access" etc. And the community have been bitching since day 1. I'm not that glad with development either and I don't think they can turn it into the game they promised. But at least i'm glad they delay the game. I love it when developers delay the game. Give it time. People don't understand how much work is involved in making things. And how hard it can be to predict how long something will take.

    The community bitched so much. Dean Hall on twitter like 2 weeks ago: "Deleted my Reddit account. Never coming back. You won, internet. You won." That really hurted me. Dean Hall is really a cool guy. People are dicks. Also youtube. Argh, I could go on for hours

    I'm glad the people at mapcore pretend to be normal so far


    I have a really awesome idea for a website for open game development. My only worry is, how do I keep those people out.

  • [CS:GO] DE_Tivoli Redone

    • clankill3r
    • December 15, 2014 at 11:00 AM

    Edit

  • Mapcore Meetup 2015

    • clankill3r
    • December 15, 2014 at 7:31 AM

    February = winter!

  • [CS:GO] DE_Tivoli Redone

    • clankill3r
    • December 15, 2014 at 7:28 AM

    I think this would even be better. It allows for T to switch faster. Also only 3 choke points instead of 4. And mid control allows for easier intel.

    (It starts to look like de_dust2 lol )


  • [CS:GO] DE_Tivoli Redone

    • clankill3r
    • December 15, 2014 at 7:17 AM

    I can't download cause I don't have cs installed on my mac.


    Here some changes:


    It's a lot easier now for CT's to rotate. And also for T's when choke points are smoked off.

  • [CS:GO] Need help making map bigger

    • clankill3r
    • December 15, 2014 at 6:49 AM

    I would tackle this first:


    Also for me it's a bit hard to imagine the scale. It doesn't look to big right now.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • clankill3r
    • December 15, 2014 at 6:27 AM

    This one was the most TF2 like for me.

    Quote

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/9kW8rmD.png]


    I could imagine a scout running threw the image every second.

  • Into the War - Indie Fps

    • clankill3r
    • December 15, 2014 at 1:51 AM

    Yeah i wonder the same.

  • De_Summer [WIP]

    • clankill3r
    • December 13, 2014 at 4:13 PM

    de_brickland sounds good.


    Here are some suggestions.


    A. Don't use a different floor texture there. By cutting the edge your breaking the grid which is good. By using that texture you emphasize the grid again.

    B. remove that wall.

    C. remove that wall.

    D. Change the texture, you use this all over the map. I think you should decide like here comes this building, the own this property and use those bricks. Now it looks everything is owned by 1 company, maybe it does but it's better not to.

    E. it's good you tried the round corner but I don't think it suits with the style of the building.


    Remove that wall.


    red: Did they have bricks left

    blue: I think it would be nice to make a little stair down (like 8 steps or so). That would push also the door a little bit back.


    green: enlarge the brick brush, reduce the asphalt.

    red: it's really steep

    blue: Maybe nice to have a open door there. There could be a side walk next to the asphalt if you push that a little further in the entrance direction. The door could be a connection to that side walk. This could make gameplay in that spot also more interesting.


    arrows: different textures all over again.

    blue square in back: remove this wall.

    blue in top. All the different heights in this area look odd.

    green, this center thing is to symmetric in my taste. I would move the closes 2 to the green position. Then rotate the big one to form a L shape.

    red: Connect it to the right. Make the stair somewhere else. This is a nice way to add more interesting gameplay by using difference in height.


    A. Make a brush on top, Make it stick out a little, have the texture direction in the green arrow. Of course make the width as width as the wall.

    B. Try different things to texture the floor

    C. Maybe lower the terrace area a little.

    D. remove that wall, maybe add grass and have a little wall on the left.


    For the rest, maybe lower the sun position a little to create longer shadows.


    Hope it helps.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™