1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. clankill3r

Posts by clankill3r

  • de_office [WIP]

    • clankill3r
    • December 24, 2015 at 6:57 PM

    Can you make it the new Dunder Mifflin office :)
    That would be so cool.

  • [WIP] de_mical (formerly de_honeycomb)

    • clankill3r
    • December 24, 2015 at 6:54 PM
    Quote

    In photography, the golden hour[/b] (sometimes known as magic hour[/b], especially in cinematography) is a period shortly after sunrise or before sunset during which daylight is redder and softer compared to when the Sun is higher in the sky.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_hour_(photography)

    Makes me think of that, every screenshot is so magical :)

  • So I have some spare games...

    • clankill3r
    • December 24, 2015 at 6:52 PM

    I really would like to give Portal 1 and Portal 2 to a 8/9 year old kid that wants to make games later.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • clankill3r
    • December 14, 2015 at 7:44 PM

    Just sold a gun that I bought some time ago :)

    Glad I sold it before the next major :) Cause as far as I know more souvenirs would have com out.

    I already lost a shitload of money but It was very learn full :) Know I know how many factors come into play.
    Glad to see some money back :)

  • The Witness

    • clankill3r
    • December 11, 2015 at 7:28 PM

    By the maker of braid.

    I'm really looking forward to this game. Jonathan Blow puts so much love in what he does.
    I'm even looking more forward for his new programming language...

    The trailer will explain the rest:

    (O yeah I love the look at the 1.00 minute mark)

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • clankill3r
    • December 11, 2015 at 2:50 PM

    I can't get used to p250. I used to be quite good with it. Now I don't even come close to a kill :(

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • clankill3r
    • December 11, 2015 at 8:23 AM
    Quote from jackophant

    Good, I hope that guy gets banned for abusing.

    Het got banned :)
    I only did one overwatch the last few months. And yesterday I got a message for a successful overwatch report.

    :D

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • clankill3r
    • December 10, 2015 at 10:57 AM
    Quote from Pampers

    Alt-tab and smoke magically disappears

    I just did a overwatch report on someone who abused it. Didn't know it was a exploit. I still think he deserves a VAC ban since he exploited it every round.
    People should know better.


    As for the revolver, I really don't get how valve does things. I mean, what if a 6 shot revolver would have been better? Kinda hard now to revert when you already sold skins for it.

    Anyway, I think:

    -there should be no kill reward or a 100$ kill reward.
    -make it inaccurate while running, but keep accuracy for shift walking
    - or, while running, auto decrease speed when you take a shot
    -no 1 hit kill for lower torso
    -maybe lower damage for right mouse
    -bullet by bullet reload so a full reload takes really long
    -or, one time speedloader reload, after that bullet by bullet reload

    But I had a lot of fun with it

  • de_aqueduct new level in need of feedback BAD!

    • clankill3r
    • December 8, 2015 at 10:03 AM

    Pictures or it didn't happen :)

  • Doom (4)

    • clankill3r
    • December 5, 2015 at 1:19 PM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • de_shortnuke [Update]

    • clankill3r
    • November 30, 2015 at 7:51 PM

    Who I really love the entrance on the roof to bombside A on Nuke.

  • Fix Your Parents' Mindset - Why Games Are Important?

    • clankill3r
    • November 26, 2015 at 8:15 PM
    Quote from laminutederire

    Being autist also help for spacial awareness :)

    I think i'm part autistic as well :)

    I got tested for dyslexia when I was 13 or something and I had do to a lot of tests among with a group of other people from the school that where expected to have dyslexia. One of tests was for spatial awareness and I was done with it crazy fast. I gave it to the one giving the tests and he was really surprised I was done so quick. Later when they had the results back I heard I was by the 2% or 1% (can't remember) of the best from the people in the Netherlands that did the spacial awareness test. I think mapping at that age also helped a lot on the test :)

    Now I wonder if it was 1%, how many questions there where, and what question(s) i had wrong.


    [Blocked Image: http://yinkabrand.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/question-everything.jpg]

  • Good age for HL2

    • clankill3r
    • November 26, 2015 at 7:50 PM

    I have a copy of HL2 and HL2 episode 1 which I want to give to someone that wan't to make games when he's older.

    I don't know his age at the moment but he is young. I was wondering, what age would be good for HL2?
    He told me that he played Wolfenstein at a friend and that he had to look away at certain parts cause it was kinda scary :) (it was something with a brutal execution).
    I just checked a video of Wolfenstein and I think it's kinda violent.

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    I guess he's 8 or 9 years old.

    Personally I don't think HL2 is that violent. The only part that worries me is with ravenholm where you burn the headcrab humans. The screaming is kinda violent since it sounds like humans burning to dead...

    Also I want him to start a bit young so it has more impact on him of how great the game is (but I don't want to provide nightmares either :) )

    Also should I let him start with HL1? It's on sale atm. He doesn't speak english so he won't understand the story anyway. It's just that hl1 had more impact on me then hl2 but that could have been the order for me.

  • Fix Your Parents' Mindset - Why Games Are Important?

    • clankill3r
    • November 26, 2015 at 9:50 AM

    Also action games can improve eyesight! Theres an article about that somewhere.
    And I think making maps is good for spatial awareness :D

  • de_Intelligence [WIP]

    • clankill3r
    • November 22, 2015 at 11:29 AM

    You also don't have almost no contrast in the hammer editor. Don't you hate that?

  • WWII Stealth Game Modder Looking For 3D Texture Artists

    • clankill3r
    • November 17, 2015 at 9:15 PM

    You should really provide more info if you want to interest people.

  • Favorite map in any game

    • clankill3r
    • November 17, 2015 at 8:58 PM

    dod_avalanche

    I don't think it needs explaining...

    [Blocked Image: https://www.vossey.com/gallery2/d/6604-1/dod_avalanche.jpg]

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • clankill3r
    • November 15, 2015 at 6:53 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://cloud-3.steamusercontent.com/ugc/580197730014847189/A3DCE599712989EED35368F4A3F0A080ABDB909B/]

  • MapCore - broken image links

    • clankill3r
    • November 12, 2015 at 8:56 PM

    @will2k

    Are you (or someone else) paying invisionpower monthly for the forum? Looking at their website it seems like it, and it's not cheap either.
    If the above is true, you could ask them to fix it. It should be possible to have a script that can fix the links for all posts. If they won't we could make a mapcore complain contest :)

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • clankill3r
    • November 12, 2015 at 8:41 PM

    I just looked at metacritic.

    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/counte…tems=100&page=4

    So many people are retarded. Here are some of the people that gave cs:go a 0.


    Quote

    Everone who said CS:COD is absolutly right.

    Quote

    Weapons have some absurd cone of fire

    Quote

    The hit detection is an absolute joke which for decent competitive players is totally unacceptable.

    Quote

    I have a network issue and I got banned for 7 days, then another network issue give me another 7 days instead 30 min, 2 hours... I playin 25 rounds then my net fall and volvo give me 7 days always..

    Quote

    This game is a carbon copy of Call of Duty. It was unrewarding. All I saw in the game chat was a bunch of mild-mannered insults, like "Suck it b***h" and "Go play somewhere else." The gameplay was unbalanced, you would join in the middle of games that are in progress and be at a severe disadvantage. It's actually less fun than Call of Duty.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™