1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Synthesizer

Posts by Synthesizer

  • terribly frustrating games

    • Synthesizer
    • January 21, 2008 at 7:10 PM

    MOH: Pacific Assault. I don't know why they would put a medic in the game when you only get one heal per level, but your squadmates get infinite heals Also, the plane flying sequence was so horribly hard. It had the worst controls ever, the only way I beat it was to put the mouse speed up to max and spin around in extremely tight circles.

  • DICE: Mirrors Edge Screenshots

    • Synthesizer
    • January 11, 2008 at 6:01 PM

    I really love the style as well. I also don't know why more games don't push the lightmaps farther, like this and HL2. Radiosity looks so nice, and most of the time you don't even need the lighting to be dynamic.

  • What to do.. what to do!!!

    • Synthesizer
    • December 14, 2007 at 5:32 PM

    Or you could try http://%7boption%7d I'm pretty sure it tells you what type of ram, and possibly the manufacture.

  • totally random texture thread

    • Synthesizer
    • December 12, 2007 at 8:07 AM

    What also helps a lot on wood paneling is just flipping the grain around so that some goes horizontal and some goes vertical. It really helps to break things up and give some more believability to it.

  • Graphics Tablets

    • Synthesizer
    • December 12, 2007 at 8:00 AM

    I've never heard anything good from people who bought non-Wacom tablets. I have a Graphire 3 at home (the smallest one) and it works fine for me. It was also fairly cheap, certainly less than a couple hundred dollars, so definitely look into one of those. I also use a large Intuos at work, which is really nice, but could be out of your price range.

  • totally random texture thread

    • Synthesizer
    • December 11, 2007 at 3:53 PM

    I think it works, but maybe you could push the middle design out to the borders and get rid of the square just behind them, to get rid of the light on dark corner, which sort of looks like a baking error. I really like the pattern on the wallpaper.

  • totally random texture thread

    • Synthesizer
    • December 9, 2007 at 3:18 AM

    Hmm, it doesn't look very natural, perhaps some smaller stones, like gravel, would help it out a bit.

  • Favorite bands

    • Synthesizer
    • November 30, 2007 at 10:51 PM

    Äh, I forgot to mention Explosions in the Sky as well. Also, Do Make Say Think is pretty good.

  • Spherical Mapping

    • Synthesizer
    • November 30, 2007 at 5:44 PM

    Copy, paste, and rotate?

  • Favorite bands

    • Synthesizer
    • November 29, 2007 at 11:30 PM

    Godspeed You! Black Emperor (especially the live stuff)

    Jimi Hendrix

    The Doors

    Pink Floyd (mostly the Syd Barrett stuff)

    Led Zeppelin

    The Velvet Underground

    Modest Mouse (the older, less optimistic stuff)

    Tortoise

  • Crayon Physics Deluxe

    • Synthesizer
    • November 15, 2007 at 2:29 PM

    Quite the fun little game. Playing it with a tablet also really helped the experience.

  • HL2 sdk update tomorrow morning

    • Synthesizer
    • November 7, 2007 at 8:17 PM

    Do you have an ATI card? I'm using an nvidia 7900.

  • HL2 sdk update tomorrow morning

    • Synthesizer
    • November 7, 2007 at 7:56 PM

    I can't get any of the light preview stuff working either. The 3D lighting preview just corrupts the textures, and the ray-traced lighting freezes hammer for me too. It would be really nice if this feature did work...

  • Crysis demo out

    • Synthesizer
    • October 28, 2007 at 6:19 PM

    I agree, when I turned it down to be able to run acceptably, it didn't look too interesting. I also found it odd how the sun moves, it stays dark until you pass a trigger point, then the sun shoots up to a certain part of the sky in no time at all and then sits there for the rest of the time.

    The suit is interesting though, I just wish the clock stayed on a bit longer, and perhaps instead of dropping to zero energy when you shoot, it could just make it not selectable for a while, or maybe just not as effective. I'd imagine the technology would work whether or not you are firing a gun, they enemies would just be able to see and hear the gun firing.

  • De_Forest Released!!

    • Synthesizer
    • October 8, 2007 at 6:11 PM

    Looks fantastic. As mentioned though, the rocks look a bit egg shaped. I'm going to give it a run through after supper

  • Exporting models from maya to source?

    • Synthesizer
    • October 7, 2007 at 4:00 PM

    I use Prall's tools for my exporting from maya. I seem to remember having a problem somewhere with having a space in the directory of your main Steam install folder. Do you get any error messages in the output window?

  • totally random texture thread

    • Synthesizer
    • September 4, 2007 at 10:36 PM

    Looks nice, but I'd stay away from pure black along the bottom.

  • The BioShock Thread! For people who have finished it yo

    • Synthesizer
    • September 3, 2007 at 5:37 PM

    I quite enjoyed it, except for the ending as has already been mentioned. I also didn't like the big daddy transformation. It seemed all you got out of the deal was a more limited field of view, which was narrow enough to begin with.

    The rest of the game was great though. I played it on hard, and now I'm going back through on medium. I've already found some areas I've missed before

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Synthesizer
    • May 31, 2007 at 10:54 PM

    Oh come on, it's not so bad, I was there in February and it was only -15C. Back home it was -25 to -30C.

    Looking forward to meeting you Zombie

    And good luck with your future ventures Henning.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Synthesizer
    • May 27, 2007 at 4:16 AM

    My work permit just went through, I'll be at Grin (Stockholm) in less than 2 weeks. Grin really seems to be trying to take over the world....

    Simon "Synthesizer" Barsky

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™