1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Albatros

Posts by Albatros

  • [REL] DoD_Edelweiß Beta 3

    • Albatros
    • February 15, 2007 at 5:39 PM

    Hey everybody ,

    I'm awfully busy these days so this is just a short reply - in any case I do appreciate your ideas & comments and I'll definately answer in detail later!

    Concerning the lack of custom models and textures I've got to say that the first beta came to about 11 MBytes, zipped - it was my main aim to keep the filesize as low as possible to ensure it will be played on public servers.

    If I could bring it to about 20 MB, I could include quite a lot of additional detail. Concerning the empty and less detailed parts of the map: I've also tried to keep the FPS above those of the DoD:S stock maps, so even players with a somewhat weak machine could enjoy Edelweiss.

    For the next beta I'm trying to optimize it even further and with some positive feedback on the performance I'll add more detail on almost every corner of the map.

    Thanks a lot so far ,

    Albatros

  • [REL] DoD_Edelweiß Beta 3

    • Albatros
    • February 15, 2007 at 11:24 AM

    Hi everybody ,

    I guess I'll have to introduce myself through my mostly finished project DoD_Edelweiss.

    It's a map for Day of Defeat: Source, featuring a useable ropeway with cable cars made by TheSurgeon.

    The setting shows a mountain village in the Bavarian Alps in early 1945; the six flags can all be captured either by taking the normal routes or by using the cable cars.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.albatros44.de/edb3/edb3promo1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.albatros44.de/edb3/edb31k.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.albatros44.de/edb3/edb32k.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.albatros44.de/edb3/edb33k.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.albatros44.de/edb3/edb34k.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.albatros44.de/edb3/edb35k.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.albatros44.de/edb3/edb36k.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.albatros44.de/edb3/edb37k.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.albatros44.de/edb3/edb38k.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.albatros44.de/edb3/edb39k.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.albatros44.de/edb3/edb310k.jpg]

    It's only a third beta, so there's still a hell of a lot of tweaking to be done.

    http://%7boption%7d

    Wish you all a good day & hope for some comments or suggestions : )

    Cheers,

    Albatros

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™