1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. mjens

Posts by mjens

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • mjens
    • February 12, 2007 at 4:09 PM

    yest but I don't know in what GMT

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • mjens
    • February 12, 2007 at 3:20 PM

    I'm finishing hi-poly version of my map! WAIT FOR ME

    [Blocked Image: http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/9359/leakog2.jpg]

  • extremely old screenshots from my first level design days...

    • mjens
    • February 12, 2007 at 9:22 AM

    yeah, last week I found a CD with old maps form 1999-2001 for Q1. I even found some reviews of my maps

    http://retroquake.planetquake.gamespy.c ... matdm2.htm

  • looking for portal and wiki system

    • mjens
    • February 11, 2007 at 7:49 PM

    DokuWiki looks nice so I will try it

    Thank you all for help

  • looking for portal and wiki system

    • mjens
    • February 11, 2007 at 2:09 PM

    I used Joomla - it's to much complicated It is great but I'm looking for something real easy with small amount of files

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • mjens
    • February 11, 2007 at 11:36 AM

    Don't add my map to voting pool. I was making low detail map for r_speeds <600-800 so it's not the same "type"...

  • looking for portal and wiki system

    • mjens
    • February 10, 2007 at 4:40 PM

    hi,

    I was looking at google but all I found is crap. Maybe anyone from here know a good portal witch works on phpbb2 (portal + forum with one registration to post and comment articles/news).

    I also look for good and easy wiki system but not by Wikimedia (to many options/files/etc.). I used PMWiki and there was no password protection...

    help

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • mjens
    • February 10, 2007 at 9:56 AM

    shit! I was worring about my r_speeds up to 800 epoly so my map is a bit low poly I see everyone just fucked r_speeds and made nice details. cruel world...

  • Mexico~

    • mjens
    • February 9, 2007 at 4:10 PM

    great pictures!

    photo with cops is great - do they were asking you to delete this photo?

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • mjens
    • February 9, 2007 at 2:13 AM

    Thief'd

    edit:

    full title is "Old Men With Iron Forehead Kills Oldschool Mapping"

  • 3d Studio vs Maya (for game development)

    • mjens
    • February 7, 2007 at 8:18 PM
    Quote from zaphod

    I heard a rumor that max and maya were going to be merged after a few more versions . . . confirm/deny?

    Might be... Both are from Autodesk now... It will cost a lot of work to do that...

  • 3d Studio vs Maya (for game development)

    • mjens
    • February 7, 2007 at 10:10 AM

    Well if you have some magic plugins to convert Max's lightmaps, geometry etc. to specific format or directly to game you can do everything in Max...

    I was talking about "our" maps. I mean using Quake, Source and Unreal engines. Maybe there is a plugin for Max/Maya to put weapons, enemies etc. on map but it is easier to do that in game egitor.

    Like Hourences said: standard Max/Maya without plugins is good for making little parts like barrels or buildings and vehicles... There are engines that "like" whole maps (static part of map = geometry) made as model (in Painkiller you can make wole map as model and export it to PainED, put some gadgets/effects and compie it to game).

  • 3d Studio vs Maya (for game development)

    • mjens
    • February 7, 2007 at 1:06 AM
    Quote from Hourences

    And beware, Max nor Maya are not level editors, they may be good at modelling things but they can never ever replace a real level editor for things like lighting or entity/actor placements, sounds and so on.

    true.

    only static part of the map can be done in Max/Maya.

  • 3d Studio vs Maya (for game development)

    • mjens
    • February 6, 2007 at 2:35 PM

    Maya 8.0 is buggy but Maya 7 is fine. It's more simpe and easier than Max but when I tryed to make something in Maya it was too hard for me (without tutorials - just by watching what options do) so I'm using Max 9 for now and fight with UV mapping

    You can allways just try to make something small in Maya and if you will like it maybe you will leave Max

  • The random model thread!

    • mjens
    • February 5, 2007 at 8:13 AM
    Quote from Quakis

    I think you must mean the landmines. Those were red with blue trim.

    maybe but I will check

  • The random model thread!

    • mjens
    • February 4, 2007 at 9:11 PM
    Quote from Quakis

    Yeah, it's a remake from Crusader. Going to fix up the texture... sometime. The bomb was red?[Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/deathquakis/Crusader_001.jpg]

    there was two types of bomb but I'm not sure.

  • /!\ OLD SCHOOL CONTEST /!\

    • mjens
    • February 4, 2007 at 6:52 PM

    I will not finish in time I had a lot of work at school

    Maybe I will release that map when I will have time

  • The random model thread!

    • mjens
    • February 4, 2007 at 6:49 PM

    Quakis: Your model reminds me spider bomb from Crusader: No Remorse

    edit:

    doh I didn't read your whole post - it has to look like weapon form Crusader That bomb was red I guess...

  • So...how do you go about getting a job.

    • mjens
    • February 3, 2007 at 6:49 AM

    I was working as Level Designer but I had to leave

    Now I will work AT POST OFFICE

  • cartoon souljaz

    • mjens
    • February 2, 2007 at 10:48 PM

    when I look at him he says "giant battery has sticked to my face!" :>

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™