1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. mjens

Posts by mjens

  • Gibhard

    • mjens
    • August 5, 2015 at 6:15 AM

    I want it now. Really, thats a promising game and it's from our dear Peris!

  • [RAGE] Abandoned raceway

    • mjens
    • July 8, 2015 at 2:50 AM

    It's still alive!? Great dude! :)

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • mjens
    • July 8, 2015 at 2:48 AM

    Amaran: It feels like Quake 1, great mood. A bit dark, you could decide what you want to show in the composition and light it a bit. Snow on stuff could be more consistent, some elements are covered with snow and some are naked, looks weird but dude, I'm waiting for more screens, it got me excited! :)

  • Hellraid (www.hellraid.com)

    • mjens
    • June 4, 2015 at 2:38 AM
    Quote from Thrik

    Maybe seir fancies taking a leak...

    I have no idea what happened there after I left. Too bad it's on hold, it could be a really nice game...

  • Quake Level [WiP]

    • mjens
    • May 6, 2015 at 5:01 AM

    Ah, Quake 1, memories <3


    Isn't that awesome that there are people that still make levels for Q1? I'm really waiting for TB2 to be released and I want to put my hands on it!

  • Call Of Duty Black Ops III

    • mjens
    • April 26, 2015 at 12:25 AM

    Interesting.

  • Los Angeles

    • mjens
    • February 4, 2015 at 6:04 PM

    Feb 14th? Cool! Isn't 16th a President's Day? That's a holiday, we can hang out!

  • Los Angeles

    • mjens
    • February 3, 2015 at 3:08 AM

    * Compton - Nice architecture, cool guys, exotic cars and friendly chicks.

    * Watts - Nice sculpture and surrounding architecture. And they have a TRAIN TRACKS!

    * South Central - You can see nice cars, meet friendly people, buy cool stuff


    That's joke of course, I mean you can go there and you'll be fine but it's actually nothing special unless you like rap music and you wanna see where guys from NWA were running from da police


    Fo realz:

    * Santa Monica Pier

    * 3rd Street Promenade in SM

    * Rodeo Drive

    * Hollywood - as Minos said but actually take a look at the Walk of Fame but don't buy any CD's, don't take pictures with people, just run through!

    * Hollywood Sign

    * Griffith Observatory

    * Downtown - some buildings like Disney Concert Hall, Angels Flight elevator-o-train. It's rather boring if you don't like architecture and... concrete.

    * Venice Beach

    * La Brea Tar Pits and Dinosaur Museum

    * Getty's Museum - it's free!


    It's a trip for few days tho


    You should get a car. Driving in LA is cool, way better than Poland, similar to Germany but 3 times more space/lanes but still there's no rush and speeding to much. ~70mph on highway (10 above limit) is standard but I seen maybe 2 or 4 guys speeding way faster. Aaand I'm doing about 150 miles each weekend, mostly from Santa Monica to Long Beach area, sometimes Downtown, Hollywood Hills...


    Let me know when you'll be in LA, we'll get a beer. I hope to see rest of MapCore LA Team, right now Irvine is out of my range because this city is really HUGE and it takes long time to get there!

  • Eidos "Universe Project" Dawn Engine in-engine shot

    • mjens
    • December 5, 2014 at 10:38 PM

    Day-1-Patch should be in DLC

  • Eidos "Universe Project" Dawn Engine in-engine shot

    • mjens
    • December 5, 2014 at 8:42 PM
    Quote from Pampers

    exactly, its just a lot of geometry


    Welcome to next gen! It's all about PBR, particles and models made with "Add more geo" ideology For all that stuff you have almost 4 gigs of RAM now so yeah, it's a big step from less than 0,5 GB but you don't have to be very creative to fill that mem hole with stuff

  • Eidos "Universe Project" Dawn Engine in-engine shot

    • mjens
    • December 4, 2014 at 8:51 PM

    This image isn't mindblowing but it' a big step when comparing to DX:HR. I'd be very happy to have a chance to play with their level editor. Imagine new Deus Ex game with modding tools and I'm saying about 100% modable content, not like in Rage but like in HL. That would be sweet!


    Anyway, I won't believe until I see that in move, with dust particles, sparks all over, leaking water, volumetric stuff in 60 fps

  • Marnamai - Level Designer

    • mjens
    • December 1, 2014 at 10:43 PM

    I'm your fan!

  • Anton Bondar - Level Designer

    • mjens
    • December 1, 2014 at 10:42 PM

    Wow man, nice improvements. You did the job with WordPress!


    You have Professional/Personal Works but I miss more info in screenshot description. Could you include something like: Game, Engine, Release Date (if people will see that some stuff is from 2010 they will understand how your progress looked like).

  • MapCore Job Census

    • mjens
    • December 1, 2014 at 10:32 PM

    Chris, finally! It's great that you've joined our MapCore's non-immigrant worker family! Congratulations and welcome to the jungle!

  • MapCore Job Census

    • mjens
    • October 13, 2014 at 3:12 AM

    Tomorrow is my first day at Treyarch. I'll work with a MapCore buddy xfckup!

  • Corwin's house renovation adventure

    • mjens
    • October 3, 2014 at 8:08 PM

  • "The Mappening": a Classic-Horror Themed Mapping Contest, Oct1-Nov3

    • mjens
    • October 3, 2014 at 7:57 PM

    Nice! I'll write a word on LD.org about that soon!

  • Blizzard games Papercraft

    • mjens
    • October 2, 2014 at 8:09 PM

    You can rip any 3D stuff from games that use a DX renderer with 3D Ripper DX and then retopo it a bit and export to Pepakura designer and bingo!

  • Black Mesa Source

    • mjens
    • September 21, 2014 at 11:18 PM

    I've completely forgotten about that game. Damn, it's really risky to keep the development of Xen levels and the rest of the content so quietly. Seriously, I lost attention and will to play it again, it was so long ago... I'm worried that there could be some more people like me.

  • Quake Live Standalone Game

    • mjens
    • September 18, 2014 at 9:38 AM

    Find me on QL: mjens


    http://www.quakelive.com/#!profile/summary/mjens

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™