1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. PogoP

Posts by PogoP

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • PogoP
    • October 8, 2007 at 1:33 AM

    Here's a little update. I've been working on an alleyway that the player has to traverse in the first few moments of my Singleplayer series of maps. You have to clamber across ledges high off the ground whilst the Combine patrol below you.

    It's using all stock HL2 materials, I really want to test my scripting skills! At the moment, Combine rush past the alleyway exit in APCs and on foot randomly, looks quite nifty. The player doesn't even really look that way, but if he chooses to do so, it's a bit of eye candy for him/her.

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/PogoP/SPmap3.jpg]

    In this next image, it's at ground level. You never even go down to ground level, I haven't a clue why I even took a screenshot. Heh.

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/PogoP/SPmap2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/PogoP/SPmap1.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • PogoP
    • October 5, 2007 at 2:15 AM

    I've recently been working on my singleplayer mapping abilities, it's so much fun! You can really get creative with scripting and thinking up interesting gameplay ideas in singleplayer, in my opinion so much more so than multiplayer.

    I wanted to use the stock HL2 materials to create a singleplayer series set in a part of City 17 shelled by Headcrab Canisters. That's the premise; it's like Ravenholm I guess.

    Anyway here's a few WIP shots of a day or two's work (including scripting that is). I think it looks a little bare in places as it is at the moment, especially the third screenshot. Any criticism greatly appreciated!

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/PogoP/singleplayermap0008.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/PogoP/singleplayermap0007.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/PogoP/singleplayermap0010.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • PogoP
    • September 15, 2007 at 9:23 PM

    That map reminds me of that Alfred Hitchcock film... Rear window. Does anyone else think so?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • PogoP
    • July 19, 2007 at 4:02 PM
    Quote from FMPONE

    I like it but then again I think your use of textures is completely whacky and a bit jarring, its not bad for sure just work on the continuity

    What exactly is jarring? This is Iraq after all, they're not known for their wonderfully wallpapered rooms and home deco.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • PogoP
    • July 18, 2007 at 11:19 PM

    Just a little WIP for Insurgency. Trying to get back into mapping for NS2!

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/PogoP/insmap0014-1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/PogoP/insmap0013-1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/PogoP/insmap0012.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/PogoP/insmap0008-1.jpg]

  • Map Prop_static Problem

    • PogoP
    • December 27, 2006 at 2:14 PM

    You have to reload the map once you've built the cubemaps. Or just type "reloadallmaterials" in console, and it'll reload the cubemapped materials on all props and brush textures. Trust me, it works. I was getting really annoyed with the Source engine, but it turns out all I had to do was reload the map.

  • PK01 - Quake IV / Source Texture Set

    • PogoP
    • December 21, 2006 at 1:38 AM

    Sorry to drag this up from the depths, but I haven't been able to post for a month

    Some WIP unofficial Natural Selection 2 shots using these textures(models have been converted over to Source from NS):

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/PogoP/colony30053-1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/PogoP/spaceshiptex0025.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f332/PogoP/colony30052.jpg]

    Sorry about the strange sizes, I changed resolution halfway through making the map

  • Half-Life "Grunt" remake

    • PogoP
    • December 21, 2006 at 12:53 AM

    Looks very nice, the renders look really cartoony though. In-game, seems to look fine.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™