1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Dradz

Posts by Dradz

  • W.I.P. Critique

    • Dradz
    • November 2, 2006 at 2:54 PM

    SA74: What map/mapper is that? Looks real!

  • Very long compile on VVIS (Source)

    • Dradz
    • November 1, 2006 at 7:03 PM
    Quote from Steppenwolf

    You are right that lighting on func_details can be crappier. But only if you got "overlapping" brush faces on them. the bsp compile often doesn't cut the faces correctly like it would do with static brushes so you have to help the bsp by hand.

    ahh, I am using some func details like the above picture to simulate an arch -- ideally, I should use vertex editing and fix the "arches" to be more like the one with the smiley guy?

  • Very long compile on VVIS (Source)

    • Dradz
    • November 1, 2006 at 6:56 PM
    Quote from ReNo

    I'm a sucker for using hint brushes .....A good place to start with hint brushes would be in your doors and windows...

    Right now, I put areaportals in all the windows/doors to help in performance -- I guess I should also be putting in hint brushes in these same doors/windows? Does it matter where the hint brush is with respect to the areaportal? ....to the outside or inside of the door/window?

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™